• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you happy with your teams day 1 moves?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'unno.

At least neither of my teams embarrassed themselves with a complete "WTF" pick, but sometimes these guys pan out, sometimes not. So, happy doesn't really enter into the equation until they're winning a Superbowl

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something here? Isn't TE a major need for Detroit, and you guys got the top guy at the position?

James played okay and was an above average tight end. He's also only 24 so there should be room to improve. An 8th overall on a tight end? Hockenson looks good, but an 8th overall with Bush, Burns, Sweat, and even Lawrence (Snacks is 31 mid season, not gonna last forever and he's a major anchor for the D) on the board? Lions had a chance to elevate beyond a top 10 D... but, a tight end at 8?

I think they could've traded down a few spots and still got TJ and I think TJ will do fine with the Lions, but I would've focused on trying to elevate their D to top 5 status. That's the only way the Lions are getting anywhere in the playoffs with Stafford behind center.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will certainly be a lot of hype in AZ. I didn’t think they’ were going to take Murray, but they did. I’m not going to pass judgment until I actually see him play.

I was really hoping Harry would be available for the second pick. Now I think they go corner back or maybe grab the next best receiver which is probably Metcalf.

The Cardinals need to spend the rest of their draft picks on offensive lineman. Yes it's a weak OL class, doesn't matter. Just draft all the offensive lineman and immediately plug them in, otherwise I'm expecting to see Murray leaving in a stretcher once Aaron Donald or Bosa is done with him (or Wagner when the fool tries to run).

If you guys don't take Taylor (despite knee issues) or Cody Ford with your 2nd I'd be blown away.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something here? Isn't TE a major need for Detroit, and you guys got the top guy at the position?
They just signed Jesse James to an overpriced contract in free agency and could have gotten a totally fine TE in the later rounds. The problem here isn't that the player they chose isn't good, it's who they passed over and their other needs to take another TE at #8.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James played okay and was an above average tight end. He's also only 24 so there should be room to improve. An 8th overall on a tight end? Hockenson looks good, but an 8th overall with Bush, Burns, Sweat, and even Lawrence (Snacks is 31 mid season, not gonna last forever and he's a major anchor for the D) on the board? Lions had a chance to elevate beyond a top 10 D... but, a tight end at 8?

I think they could've traded down a few spots and still got TJ and I think TJ will do fine with the Lions, but I would've focused on trying to elevate their D to top 5 status. That's the only way the Lions are getting anywhere in the playoffs with Stafford behind center.
Pretty fair analysis there. Can't argue with it, and you're right about the defensive talent that was there.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dalton1.jpg

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys don't take Taylor (despite knee issues) or Cody Ford with your 2nd I'd be blown away.
I think Dalton Risner is a major possibility for the Cardinals, too, but Cody Ford is a great value here

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty fair analysis there. Can't argue with it, and you're right about the defensive talent that was there.
Not to mention, the Lions created their own problems at TE by letting Ebron go to the Colts (where he was one of the best TE's in the NFL last year). They let their other first round TE go and drafted another first round TE to replace him. The lunacy of that is pure Lions.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dalton Risner is a major possibility for the Cardinals, too, but Cody Ford is a great value here

Well call some guys at Cards HQ and tell them to not take him... so Seattle can. Fucker.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at Walterfootball's list of workouts and the only realistic 2nd round WR prospects the Chiefs have worked out are Kelvin Harmon and Andy Isabella. I genuinely think that despite the rumors, the Chiefs were caught somewhat flat-footed here with Tyreek Hill.

Parris Campbell seems like the one guy they'd trade up for but he'd have to drop about ten more spots before a trade becomes realistic. I also think AJ Brown might be worth trading up for.
Isabella would be a nice fit. Could go anywhere from mid 2nd to 3rd? No way to tell after yesterday?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, the Lions created their own problems at TE by letting Ebron go to the Colts (where he was one of the best TE's in the NFL last year). They let their other first round TE go and drafted another first round TE to replace him. The lunacy of that is pure Lions.
If Hock turns into another Gronk - strong blocker and elite pass catcher - will you still be sour on the pick?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals need to spend the rest of their draft picks on offensive lineman. Yes it's a weak OL class, doesn't matter. Just draft all the offensive lineman and immediately plug them in, otherwise I'm expecting to see Murray leaving in a stretcher once Aaron Donald or Bosa is done with him (or Wagner when the fool tries to run).

I do agree, oline is right up there with my other suggestions.

Murray never took a lot of hits because of his elusiveness. When a guy like Russell Wilson survives as long as he has who has played behind a horrible oline his entire career, It gives me some hope.

Just slide and don't take hits.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hock turns into another Gronk - strong blocker and elite pass catcher - will you still be sour on the pick?
No, but there are only like 4-5 TE's that really make a difference at the same time. There's a lot of ways to be wrong at TE.

Lions swing and miss here, or if he's merely another Ebron, there will be some grouchy fans.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. But the chances of him turning into arguably the best TE to ever play in the NFL is beyond low. Even if he's a great TE, there's only so much you can help a team at that position. If the Lions drafted Oliver, their DL immediately would have been one of the best in the NFL. They started the season last year as one of the worst teams at getting to the QB and could have flipped that in a single season. Ultimately, a TE is just a TE.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree, oline is right up there with my other suggestions.

Murray never took a lot of hits because of his elusiveness. When a guy like Russell Wilson survives as long as he has who has played behind a horrible oline his entire career, It gives me some hope.

Just slide and don't take hits.

A lot of OL to choose from at 33. A couple studs dropped too.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. But the chances of him turning into arguably the best TE to ever play in the NFL is beyond low. Even if he's a great TE, there's only so much you can help a team at that position. If the Lions drafted Oliver, their DL immediately would have been one of the best in the NFL. They started the season last year as one of the worst teams at getting to the QB and could have flipped that in a single season. Ultimately, a TE is just a TE.

Oliver, Harrison, Flowers (with Robinson rotation)? Disgusting. But...

If I was GM/a fan, I'd rather have them take one of the EDGE rushers or Bush. I think that's why Pitts pulled the trade up trigger because they were 100% baffled by the fact Detroit passed on him. The ILB crew for the Lions are TERRIBLE. Snacks/Robinson covered up a lot of weakness there.