• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aquaman (2018)

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Aquaman this weekend. It was good. As others have said, it's a little disjointed, but it wasn't too long imo, so you didn't notice it was much. Visually, it was very pretty. More so than Black Panther.

Definitely better than BvS and JL. It's on par with Wonder Woman imo.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
halfway through watching this clunker....am i ever going to see princess fishtits goodies or not?

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
halfway through watching this clunker....am i ever going to see princess fishtits goodies or not?

You should Google The Informers. They are real and they are spectacular.

The movie itself I was disappointed. The trailers were great and after Wonder Woman and Justice League (really underrated film) I thought DCEU had their shit together. It jumped around and the romantic chemistry wasn't there. Momoa was awesome but key elements of the plot seemed to be forced and out of character for him. MCU films have been spectacular for a decade so we are a little spoiled but it is a fun but not exceptional movie.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should Google The Informers. They are real and they are spectacular.

The movie itself I was disappointed. The trailers were great and after Wonder Woman and Justice League (really underrated film) I thought DCEU had their shit together. It jumped around and the romantic chemistry wasn't there. Momoa was awesome but key elements of the plot seemed to be forced and out of character for him. MCU films have been spectacular for a decade so we are a little spoiled but it is a fun but not exceptional movie.
johnny depps crazy ex....i knew i had seen her before
NewIckyAltiplanochinchillamouse-size_restricted.gif

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went into this totally blind and its um...yeah...really disjointed.

I'll get what I liked out of the way: great casting for the most part. Visually colorful with good design choices for pretty much everything. I also really liked the musical score.

But everything was disjointed. You'd have this serious plot about a love story between a Queen and a fisherman and then all of a sudden we have a Matrix level fight scene out of nowhere that looked way more like a video game than special effects. This type of thing happens again when they are in Italy and there are people running through walls and on rooftops. I feel like they could have cut out these two action scenes and spent more of the budget on making Atlantis more fleshed out and believable.

Honestly, the inclusion of the parents is tacked on, too. Imo, the movie would have been better off starting with the submarine and ending with Aquaman getting the girl and having actual dialogue between Aquaman and his love interest that have been spending most of the movie together. The focus on the whole 'half breed' thing was giving me Underworld vibes, too, and thats not the best direction to go with a big budget movie imo.

The stuff above surface had a slight Indiana Jones vibe but somehow Indy had better action scenes and more memorable dialogue. Black Manta was a fairly good inclusion and somehow good most of the good dialogue and interactions with Aquaman. The Black Manta action scenes with the helmet were ridiculous, though. He looked straight out of Spaceballs and had no business being able to fight in melee with Aquaman when his head should've made his outfit topple over.

There isn't really a lot here to cling to as memorable in general. Its just an ok movie with some visual flair.

C

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it. Two Thumbs DOWN!

I thought it was terrible! Too me they focused more on the special effects and colorful sets (which were good) then the actual story line and character development

D

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concept art for Atlantean invasion of Sydney, Australia, that ended up being cut from the film:

piw10uu76ew21.png

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concept art for appearance of Batman and Superman that ended up being cut from the film:

e4raqxoc6ew21.png

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched on cable.
Meh.
Momoa was awesome, but the rest was hard to watch.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Aquaman this weekend. It was good. As others have said, it's a little disjointed, but it wasn't too long imo, so you didn't notice it was much. Visually, it was very pretty. More so than Black Panther.

Definitely better than BvS and JL. It's on par with Wonder Woman imo.

It's the best comic move since Infinity War.

Def better than BP or WW IMO.

It's one of the top DC movies for sure IMO.

I liked it alot. good pacing. Believable (relative to being a comic book movie)

DC usually is good about those fun little details. Superman not breathing well in the Kryptonian atmosphere after years on earth, the crazy academic in AM.

It had just the right amount of humor.

The romantic angle was subtle and unobtrusive to the main plot-line.

Two interesting compelling villains in one shot.

I really liked it.

My biggest complaint is, similar to MoS, the action might have been a little too fast at times.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it last night.

Totally not interested as I watched it. Granted, I was doing some other things as I watched, but that was because I was continually rolling my eyes while watching.

Why introduce Black Mantis just to end him right away? Then dedicate the only post-credit scene to him? And did I miss the explanation of who he actually is and why he was particularly pissed at AM at the start? It seemed like they were trying to make him semi-sympathetic at the beginning.

I understand a movie that’s place under water for 40% of the time needs to be at least 40% CGI, but it still FELT heavy handed. Nothing specific I can put my finger on, though, so this gripe may be biased-piling on.

It was not as bad as other DC movies, so I guess there is that. So I suppose I will give it about a 4/10.