• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blue Beetle (2023)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Beetle bombing: it opens to $25 mil domestic, less than half of the $55 mil of The Flash, which was already a flop, and even less than Shazam 2's $30 million. By comparison, Marvel's GotG3 and Ant-Man 3 this year both opened over $100 million.

Blue Beetle is the 7th flop in a row for the DCEU. Will the upcoming final DCEU film, Aquaman 2, be the 8th?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Beetle bombing: it opens to $25 mil domestic, less than half of the $55 mil of The Flash, which was already a flop, and even less than Shazam 2's $30 million. By comparison, Marvel's GotG3 and Ant-Man 3 this year both opened over $100 million.

Blue Beetle is the 7th flop in a row for the DCEU. Will the upcoming final DCEU film, Aquaman 2, be the 8th?

not surprised floppage during the opening weekend... this is one that needs word of mouth, and help from its target audience...

Didnt Shazam 1 have as slow opening weekend??

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed... i am not nor never was a george lopez fan... but i guess it makes more sense than Fluffy...

I understand why they would want to cast a comedian
I was never a GL fan either but his first show was excellent though. Everything else he did was a a miss for me.

If they cast Fluffy they might have to change the name to Blue Buffalo. Fluffy was a good choice for Speedy Gonzales though.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not surprised floppage during the opening weekend... this is one that needs word of mouth, and help from its target audience...

Didnt Shazam 1 have as slow opening weekend??
Naw Shazam 1 opened with $53 million.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw Shazam 1 opened with $53 million.

i mean, i can understand some reasons outside of the actual movie for a slow weekend... mainly that it was so soon after Barbie and Sound of freedom, where there was a movie frenzy for people that dont often go to movies... having a slow weekend makes sense after that...

also, we are talking about blue beetle, most people need to be expained who blue beetle even is... I am also surprised by the advertising not being as in your face as i was expecting...

DC has been really bad at advertising recently...

I still hope this doesnt flop, but it was never going to do as well as a Marvel movie that has an established audience already, or the main DC superheroes. comparing it to them is just not fair!!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, i can understand some reasons outside of the actual movie for a slow weekend... mainly that it was so soon after Barbie and Sound of freedom, where there was a movie frenzy for people that dont often go to movies... having a slow weekend makes sense after that...

also, we are talking about blue beetle, most people need to be expained who blue beetle even is... I am also surprised by the advertising not being as in your face as i was expecting...

DC has been really bad at advertising recently...

I still hope this doesnt flop, but it was never going to do as well as a Marvel movie that has an established audience already, or the main DC superheroes. comparing it to them is just not fair!!

DC definitely has been in a rut for sure but we can’t overlook the fact that no one’s allowed to promote this movie because of the writers and actors strike going on. Sure you have trailers online and on tv(though there wasn’t many) but if you’re a person who only watches Entertainment Tonight for example, you’d have no idea this movie even exists because it’s never covered.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC definitely has been in a rut for sure but we can’t overlook the fact that no one’s allowed to promote this movie because of the writers and actors strike going on. Sure you have trailers online and on tv(though there wasn’t many) but if you’re a person who only watches Entertainment Tonight for example, you’d have no idea this movie even exists because it’s never covered.

ouch... forgot about that... and this one needed advertising... definitely did not help... i mean, if you just say blue beetle, nobody except the major comic book geeks can even tell you he is a superhero...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ouch... forgot about that... and this one needed advertising... definitely did not help... i mean, if you just say blue beetle, nobody except the major comic book geeks can even tell you he is a superhero...
You mean this isn’t a new Herbie movie?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw this movie today... thought it was very good... was a little slow in the middle... but overall one of the better DC movies...

definitely good enough to keep blue beetle around for the future...

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the projections for this movie it’s gonna bomb hard, which is a shame because it’s a damn good movie. Definitely way better than I expected going in. One of the funnest and best origin stories I’ve seen in a long time.

I know James Gunn has said this isn’t the first movie in his universe but he’s open to using the character again in the future and I definitely think he will based on the positive critic response and the extremely positive average movie goer response.
I liked BB a lot to. The best chance for a sequel now is good word of mouth and more people giving it a go on home mediums (streaming and blu-ray); cast Beetle in future movies of other heroes as a guest star, like Batman was in Flash, so audiences can see how cool and likable he is and that can spark up interest in giving BB a second shot.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The direction that DC should have went for any comic book nerds on here is the story of the red hood. I thought it was really interesting as the 2nd robin (Jason Todd) was tortured and killed with a bomb by joker but was eventually resurrected. When he came back he was so tired of Batman being morale and not killing villains that he came back as the red hood and would go on a killing spree (killing villains) and Batman would have to go and stop him.

I felt it's an emotional story because Jason Todd was hurt that even in his death Batman would not kill the joker in revenge. I think doing an R rated dark batman movie with people being killed would be better than a deadpool/wolverine movie where people would get killed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be available on HBOMax this coming Friday.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loud, annoying family in a completely unnatural posed, parked position torpedoing the one educated person in the family’s first day of work. Check.

A bus cut in half long way, then both halves staying perfectly balanced on the remaining tires. Check.

Over the top color scheme for Miami, er, Palermo City to achieve “cool optics”. Check.

Typical narrative that poor people are only poor because evil rich people are evil. Check.

And I am only about 45 mins in. This one is looking like a real winner so far.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhhhh papi.

Issss me George Lopez. Batman isss a Fascist.

Ehhhhhh. Blue Beetle hombre.

I'm George Lopezzzzz

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an extremely lazy, trope-filed, box-checker movie. No point to it at all.

Typical DCEU fare.

If the rest of the movie wasn’t so cringe, MAYBE the grandmother would have induced a half-smile, but her overall acting (when she was piloting the