• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shazam! (2019)

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Zachary Levi in Chuck. Haven’t seen him in much if anything since then.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they looking at this like a PG version of Deadpool. The whole thing looks completely tongue in cheek.

well, to be fair this movie would feel weird as a rated R movie... and would feel weird not being family friendly...

kind of why it should work... because biggest complaints about the other( Non WW movies) is that they have been too dark...

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new poster:

sKqdLSn.jpg

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Zachary Levi in Chuck. Haven’t seen him in much if anything since then.
he was in the second season of Marvelous Ms Maisel on Amazon...he was really good in that

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw I story that they never give him a name in the movie
That one scene is a little more violent and one scene a little scary for kids under 13
Definitely targeting the younger crowd

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it, definitely give it a a thumbs up. Really good humor and you can tell after this and Aquaman DC is embracing a lighter tone in their movies and it seems to be working.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw I story that they never give him a name in the movie

They do play a few jokes with his name in the movie(my favorite is when Freddie calls him Captain Sparkle Fingers) but the name they use the majority of the time is Shazam.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty fun movie. Not all the jokes landed but still pretty funny at times. DC seems to be pleasantly moving in a much better direction finally. Liked the kid that played his friend. Wanna say he was in IT, but could be wrong.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty fun movie. Not all the jokes landed but still pretty funny at times. DC seems to be pleasantly moving in a much better direction finally. Liked the kid that played his friend. Wanna say he was in IT, but could be wrong.

He was.

Kid's pretty talented.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad at all. But I really dislike everyone saying this is good because the others are bad. The others are only bad IMO because they are more true to the comics. DC has a much more dark undertone than the campy Avengers.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that kinda thought the movie was just ok? I understand its tricky because in the comics he really was a kid in a superheroes body and they portrayed that a lot in the movie. I was hoping for more of a feel good knowing who your family is kinda movie but the character development with the other orphan kids besides the kid with the crutch wasnt really there for me

I also thought it was funny at the end credits when superman was supposed to make an appearance they had to cut out his face because they dont know who will play the role

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad at all. But I really dislike everyone saying this is good because the others are bad. The others are only bad IMO because they are more true to the comics. DC has a much more dark undertone than the campy Avengers.

BvS wasn't bad because it was dark. The movie didn't make sense and was overly confusing. When people don't like a movie, we over-analyze it and keep finding more reasons to complain.

The movie was "too dark" and "too long". TDK was both long and dark, and nobody complained because it was a great movie. Even the last Avengers movie was long and darker than their norm, and still broke all kinds of records and is probably the best movie in the Marvel universe.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it, best DC movie ever which really isn't saying much but definitely worth a viewing

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it, best DC movie ever which really isn't saying much but definitely worth a viewing
???

Superman?
Dark Knight?
Batman Begins?

I get that this looks like a good movie, but DC HAS made good movies in the past...

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Shazam 5/10. Nothing was really impressive to me. I have a hard time grasping to the stories too... Greek Gods, 7 Deadly Sins (as demons)... this is just awful in my opinion. That is also a reason why I think Batman works so much better than the others, the villains are developed and not too over the top.

I have said time and again that I was never a comic book guy, but I honesly think it would be better to simply start from scratch with no known comic book villains. Write in and develop their own down-to-earth villains.

I mean, in Shazam, the main bad guy is upset because his family picked on him and the elder Shazam told him no. I mean give me a fucking break with these long ass grudges. Then he wants Shazams power.... for what? To destroy the world? Why? Villains like this and Steppenwolf, even Ego from Marvel are TERRIBLE villains. They want to basically kill everyone because they don't like them or aren't worthy or what-the-fuck-ever and the writers don't seem to take it to it's extreme logical conclusion.... such as, what if the villain wins? Well if the villains win, then everything is destroyed and existence is no more.... we know that won't happen so there is no intensity because their irrational motivations are... irrational. This is also why Thanos or Killmonger worked SO WELL as villains because the opposite is true. Thanos actually believes that what he is doing/did is the right thing for everyone and that everyone left will be better off because of it. DC just has TERRIBLE stories in my opinion.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, in Shazam, the main bad guy is upset because his family picked on him and the elder Shazam told him no. I mean give me a fucking break with these long ass grudges. Then he wants Shazams power.... for what? To destroy the world? Why? Villains like this and Steppenwolf, even Ego from Marvel are TERRIBLE villains. They want to basically kill everyone because they don't like them or aren't worthy or what-the-fuck-ever and the writers don't seem to take it to it's extreme logical conclusion.... such as, what if the villain wins? Well if the villains win, then everything is destroyed and existence is no more.... we know that won't happen so there is no intensity because their irrational motivations are... irrational. This is also why Thanos or Killmonger worked SO WELL as villains because the opposite is true. Thanos actually believes that what he is doing/did is the right thing for everyone and that everyone left will be better off because of it. DC just has TERRIBLE stories in my opinion.

Nice rant, Shazam isn't winning no rewards in writing that is for sure. But to say it was just saying no and being picked on, doesn't equate to be a good villain. Could simply be wrong, what we have known in reality, is that most of the worst people to walk this earth, it started with kids being psychology and physically abused. Writers wanted you to know he had a terrible support system as a kid and dealt with these types of abuse, but on a PG level without going in further detail. His lust for power is the same lust for power that the average politician pursues. Our kids asses in the work place.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The other movies weren't bad because they were dark. They were bad because they were directionless and tediously long. Not all of them, of course, but Bat-Man vs Superman was extremely bad. Made me not want to watch another DC movie - at least until Wonder Woman came out. It almost single-handedly made up for the crap that had come beforehand.