• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP, now resigned to being in Minnesota, is asking for a new contract

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very little guaranteed money for AP. Remember not every team restructures contracts like the Cowboys and pushes dead money into the back of a contract. Basically even if they cut him this year there was only like a $2.4M in dead money. Basically no dead money at all after 2015.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very little guaranteed money for AP. Remember not every team restructures contracts like the Cowboys and pushes dead money into the back of a contract. Basically even if they cut him this year there was only like a $2.4M in dead money. Basically no dead money at all after 2015.

This is interesting. So it seems the Vikes could save 10M by getting rid of AP yet they choose to keep him, next season they will save 14M+ if the rid themselves of AP. A grand difference of 4M. I say the Vikes or more than willing to hold him to that contract and pay him his money. That means he will earn 27.5M by the end of the 16 season. What the fuck is his gripe?

I am starting to hope he pulls enough shit to allow the Vikes the right to suspend him both seasons. Then when he turns 32 cut his old ass.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP's contract was never really designed to be in effect this year. The guaranteed money is gone, and the remaining contract is a year to year deal with the typical high salaries. Pretty much how most high dollar deals are structured. Before last year I'm sure all parties expected this contract to be redone this season... AP lands another big guarantee of cash and the team gets a better cap situation.

Kinda like a guy like Dez this season once he signs the tag. AP gets 12.5M guaranteed the moment he's on the opening day roster, no if's, ands or buts. Frankly, I don't blame Minny one bit and shocked AP is this biga idiot.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As others have pointed out all of the guarantees have already finished. The signing bonus cap hit counts this year anyway so there would be no cost to the Vikings in keeping him until September then releasing him. I don't expect that to happen. Both sides will likely agree a new deal. Peterson will get less money but there will be guarantees.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP is headed to Vikings OATs. Hopefully this will put him coming to Big D to bed.....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Zimmer showed him who is in charge and who is the petulant child and then he coincidentally shows up a few days later...Fact is that the best way for him to get some more guaranteed money is to get his ass back with the team and put his child abuse charges behind him

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Greg?

Minny and AP agree to restructure contract

12:07pm: As expected, the restructured deal will give Peterson additional guaranteed money in 2015 and 2016, tweets Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports. According to Robinson, Peterson’s 2017 salary will still be non-guaranteed, though if the new contract features a signing bonus, that would mean adding some dead money to the team’s books for ’17.

11:57am: The Vikings and running back Adrian Petersonhave mutually agreed to restructure the final three years of Peterson’s contract, the team announced today in a press release. The terms of the agreement weren’t released by the club, but the move – which GM Rick Spielman calls “a win” for both the team and the player – likely ensures that Peterson will get some guaranteed money this year and next year.

“I appreciate the Vikings for working together on this restructured contract, which provides additional security for me but also allows opportunities for me to further prove my value to the team and within the NFL,” Peterson said in a statement. “It was important for me to continue my career in Minnesota, and I cannot wait to get on the field in front of Vikings fans again.”

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Greg?

Minny and AP agree to restructure contract

12:07pm: As expected, the restructured deal will give Peterson additional guaranteed money in 2015 and 2016, tweets Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports. According to Robinson, Peterson’s 2017 salary will still be non-guaranteed, though if the new contract features a signing bonus, that would mean adding some dead money to the team’s books for ’17.

11:57am: The Vikings and running back Adrian Petersonhave mutually agreed to restructure the final three years of Peterson’s contract, the team announced today in a press release. The terms of the agreement weren’t released by the club, but the move – which GM Rick Spielman calls “a win” for both the team and the player – likely ensures that Peterson will get some guaranteed money this year and next year.

“I appreciate the Vikings for working together on this restructured contract, which provides additional security for me but also allows opportunities for me to further prove my value to the team and within the NFL,” Peterson said in a statement. “It was important for me to continue my career in Minnesota, and I cannot wait to get on the field in front of Vikings fans again.”

Wow! The double talk does not stop. This guy and his agent... just wow.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how much his character has plummeted in the past year...what a douchebag...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how much his character has plummeted in the past year...what a douchebag...

Seriously! This guy is the definition of an entitled brat! I'm going to LOL so hard when he falls off a cliff, just like every other RB does in their 30's. Meanwhile many of talking heads are talking AP up like he's going to go 2012 on us again.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could the Vikes not trade him for draft picks? 30 y/o RBs have a very short shelf life.