• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP, now resigned to being in Minnesota, is asking for a new contract

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was never even a possibility from a cap perspective to begin with but you can't help some people.....they will believe what they want, facts and logic be damned

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was always about the money with demarco as well. Jerrah has tried to satisfy players in the past and it led to disaster in most cases. I don't wish murray well.philly was dumb to pay murray that much money.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wish murray well

I want Philly to lose every game of course but I wish DeMarco all the luck in the World. One of the classiest players we have had here in a long time. Say what you want about his injury history, but the guy left his heart on the field every week for us last year and IMO was the best player in the NFL last season other than JJ Watt...

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Philly to lose every game of course but I wish DeMarco all the luck in the World. One of the classiest players we have had here in a long time. Say what you want about his injury history, but the guy left his heart on the field every week for us last year and IMO was the best player in the NFL last season other than JJ Watt...

He also put the football on the field against the packers which is IMO the reason we lost the game. I don't wish him ill will or anything, but he is a memory to me now. Anyone want to buy his jersey from me, I need seed money for a Dez jersey.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also put the football on the field against the packers which is IMO the reason we lost the game. I don't wish him ill will or anything, but he is a memory to me now. Anyone want to buy his jersey from me, I need seed money for a Dez jersey.

Definitely debateable just as Jarntts point about him being the second best player in the NFL. IMO - neither of you are far off in your statements if you are off at all. One thing is for certain, we will find out this season just how good he really is. The fumbles were a red flag for him all year last year. Although I don't think he would have scored on the play like many say, but it would have sure set us up pretty nice.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct, would not have scored. There was a single high safety waiting for him

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was always about the money with demarco as well. Jerrah has tried to satisfy players in the past and it led to disaster in most cases. I don't wish murray well.philly was dumb to pay murray that much money.
Murray was injured the majority of time he spent in Dallas.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Philly to lose every game of course but I wish DeMarco all the luck in the World. One of the classiest players we have had here in a long time, the guy left his heart on the field every week for us last year and IMO was the best player in the NFL last season other than JJ Watt...
Aaron Rodgers and JJ Watt were the two best players in the NFL last season.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that I already stated here that if he returns to Vikes he will want some guaranteed money?? You homers are always late to the prom here. Why in the hell would he want to head into the season on essentially a one year cut you at anytime deal? Just not beneficial to a player, especially a RB, if he breaks his leg and can never play again. When will you kids finally wise up here?

Seems like I was right again here on this subject (AP possibly holding out for more guaranteed money (if he couldn't force a trade), but all the haters here are either just too stupid, or just plain not man enough to concede that. Probably has a lot more to to do with the fact that AP has already made millions in his short life-span than most of you losers here toiling away on meaningless under-paying jobs that is just living week to week, and just maybe because he is still considered the best RB in football, whom this team really wishes it had because of the consensus view around league that the Cowboys are pathetically weak in that area (something that was a strength for them last seasons and WAS this team's bell cow).....sensing just a tad bit of envy and jealously here from the daily football message-board girls chatter.....anyhoo

I think AP is absolutely dead on. As I've stated here previously, why in earth would a player widely recognized around the league as the best at his position, heading into the last few seasons of his playing career, in a position that has been greatly devalued by the league recently, and very possibly his last opportunity to cash-in on any guaranteed money, be willing to play on essentially a one year "injury-risk" deal, that could possibly even develop into a serious career threatening injury that could even end his professional football career and any future earning power for him in this league? Professional football is a business were teams/owners have way too much control over what any player can do without these teams paying any real price after their star/franchise player's money guarantees have been exhausted in any player contract, and the team's cap hit penalties have been greatly reduced enough for them by team front-loading deals. The other major pro sports have fully guaranteed contracts to help guard against their player's getting fucked by these ruthless and self-serving professional team owners (due to injury or under-performing seasons, can release their players from team/player contract obligations). But the most physical contact pro sport football (with the exception of boxing), has no such shield to protect it's own players from any NFL team ending a contract independently under a mutually agreed to team/player contract. In other words, owners can cut any player at will, completely discarding an agreed to player/team contract, because of their own team/financial needs, but the player has no recourse but to honor his part of a contract over the duration of the deal?? Seems hypocritical, and those fans out there that sees it any differently here, should pray and hope that they never lose their jobs because one of their bosses wanted to pay someone else to do their same job for less.

Ultimately, imo, AP will have to decide whether he wants to hold-out until the season starts for a better longer-term guaranteed contract with the Vikes and a more secure future in this league, and then play ball for the Vikes this year, or, he will "stick to his guns" and continue to force a trade/more guaranteed money by being willing to hold-out well into the regular season, risking the shorter term millions with Vikes for a chance at possible longer term guaranteed millions with the Vikes or another team). With the extremely high risk of injury at the RB position, along with his age concerns, and considering the on-going devaluation of his position in the NFL marketplace only looking even more dim moving forward, and with AP probably never being in a better position to force more guaranteed money from any team, he will either put his tail between his legs and play under essentially a one year deal for Vikes and pray that he doesn't get injured this season...gambling his entire football future on him having a great season and NOT getting injured to give him some leverage heading into 2016 for more guaranteed money from Vikes, or he will improve his future trade chances by under-performing this season for them if he really wants out, and be willing to take a lot less guaranteed money (say $12M this season from Vikes, with another $10-$15Mil in any future guarantees from another club if he under-performs and is traded). I just don't see how this as the better option though, after all the posturing and bridges being burned now between the two and the Vikes' reluctance to guarantee him any more money or a trade after all the bad blood and feuding....just not a realistic scenario.

Imo, AP would be a fool to play under his current one year deal with Vikes, considering the position that he plays and the obscene risk of injury, not to mention his age.

Last edited:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, AP would be a fool to play under his current one year deal with Vikes, considering the position that he plays and the obscene risk of injury, not to mention his age.

So now for the same reasons we have given as for why it would be stupid to trade for an old ass RB he'd be stupid to play under that contract? You are brilliant.

AP spouts off with stupid reteric and out comes Greg. Fitting.

This last chapter in the AP saga is even more of a reason NOT to trade for him.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now for the same reasons we have given as for why it would be stupid to trade for an old ass RB he'd be stupid to play under that contract? You are brilliant.

AP spouts off with stupid reteric and out comes Greg. Fitting.

This last chapter in the AP saga is even more of a reason NOT to trade for him.

Because if AP does perform well for the next 2-3 years, breaks rushing records with this OL, leads this team to one or more SBs over the next 2-3 years, and makes life pleasant again for Romo by helping to relieve some of the pressure off him in having to make every single play for this team again and thereby helping to limit mediocre defensive exposure, and if AP can be HAPPY again playing in front of his home crowd it will probably equate to even more improved team rushing numbers, so it would have been worth it?? Because injury-bug DMac and a criminal (Randle) will be considered the bell-cow RBs for a running team's playoff chances again this season??

Do I really have to spell everything out for you people here all the time?? Don't just keep swallowing all the media hype about this OL either, you still need a dependable strong RB in this league. I could give a rat's ass what other teams have been able to do before without one. This team made the playoffs and was much better last season with a stud RB to be their bell-cow on roster.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like I was right again here on this subject (AP possibly holding out for more guaranteed money (if he couldn't force a trade), but all the haters here are either just too stupid, or just plain not man enough to concede that. Probably has a lot more to to do with the fact that AP has already made millions in his short life-span than most of you losers here toiling away on meaningless under-paying jobs that is just living week to week, and just maybe because he is still considered the best RB in football, whom this team really wishes it had because of the consensus view around league that the Cowboys are pathetically weak in that area (something that was a strength for them last seasons and WAS this team's bell cow).....sensing just a tad bit of envy and jealously here from the daily football message-board girls chatter.....anyhoo

I think AP is absolutely dead on. As I've stated here previously, why in earth would a player widely recognized around the league as the best at his position, heading into the last few seasons of his playing career, in a position that has been greatly devalued by the league recently, and very possibly his last opportunity to cash-in on any guaranteed money, be willing to play on essentially a one year "injury-risk" deal, that could possibly even develop into a serious career threatening injury that could even end his professional football career and any future earning power for him in this league? Professional football is a business were teams/owners have way too much control over what any player can do without these teams paying any real price after their star/franchise player's money guarantees have been exhausted in any player contract, and the team's cap hit penalties have been greatly reduced enough for them by team front-loading deals. The other major pro sports have fully guaranteed contracts to help guard against their player's getting fucked by these ruthless and self-serving professional team owners (due to injury or under-performing seasons, can release their players from team/player contract obligations). But the most physical contact pro sport football (with the exception of boxing), has no such shield to protect it's own players from any NFL team ending a contract independently under a mutually agreed to team/player contract. In other words, owners can cut any player at will, completely discarding an agreed to player/team contract, because of their own team/financial needs, but the player has no recourse but to honor his part of a contract over the duration of the deal?? Seems hypocritical, and those fans out there that sees it any differently here, should pray and hope that they never lose their jobs because one of their bosses wanted to pay someone else to do their same job for less.

Ultimately, imo, AP will have to decide whether he wants to hold-out until the season starts for a better longer-term guaranteed contract with the Vikes and a more secure future in this league, and then play ball for the Vikes this year, or, he will "stick to his guns" and continue to force a trade/more guaranteed money by being willing to hold-out well into the regular season, risking the shorter term millions with Vikes for a chance at possible longer term guaranteed millions with the Vikes or another team). With the extremely high risk of injury at the RB position, along with his age concerns, and considering the on-going devaluation of his position in the NFL marketplace only looking even more dim moving forward, and with AP probably never being in a better position to force more guaranteed money from any team, he will either put his tail between his legs and play under essentially a one year deal for Vikes and pray that he doesn't get injured this season...gambling his entire football future on him having a great season and NOT getting injured to give him some leverage heading into 2016 for more guaranteed money from Vikes, or he will improve his future trade chances by under-performing this season for them if he really wants out, and be willing to take a lot less guaranteed money (say $12M this season from Vikes, with another $10-$15Mil in any future guarantees from another club if he under-performs and is traded). I just don't see how this as the better option though, after all the posturing and bridges being burned now between the two and the Vikes' reluctance to guarantee him any more money or a trade after all the bad blood and feuding....just not a realistic scenario.

:burt:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct, would not have scored. There was a single high safety waiting for him

I don't remember seeing him up there ..but he was.

fumble.gif

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if AP does perform well for the next 2-3 years, breaks rushing records with this OL, leads this team to one or more SBs over the next 2-3 years, and makes life pleasant again for Romo by helping to relieve some of the pressure off him in having to make every single play for this team again and thereby helping to limit mediocre defensive exposure, and if AP can be HAPPY again playing in front of his home crowd it will probably equate to even more improved team rushing numbers, so it would have been worth it?? Because injury-bug DMac and a criminal (Randle) will be considered the bell-cow RBs for a running team's playoff chances again this season??

Do I really have to spell everything out for you people here all the time?? Don't just keep swallowing all the media hype about this OL either, you still need a dependable strong RB in this league. I could give a rat's ass what other teams have been able to do before without one. This team made the playoffs and was much better last season with a stud RB to be their bell-cow on roster.
You're been spouting the same BS for months, and you've NEVER had it right. Take the Cowboys out of the equation for a second.... there are 30 other teams that haven't offered the farm for AP. The reason.... he's 30! He ran for 1200 yards at 28, not 2000. He would not top the 1800 Murray ran for last year in any jersey. And when he rushes for 1200-1300 for the Vikings this year, don't go on about what he'd have done in Dallas, because you just made your position clear that the Cowboys OL is overrated. We'll see how that works out for ya

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Greg. We all said AP will not be traded, will stay in Minn and is just looking for more money. All of us, except you.

For months you told us he will be traded and that Vegas had the Cowboys listed as the most likely spot and that he will never play again in Minn. So posting one comment where you totally contradicted yourself but of course used a big IF because you kept saying he wants to be traded and it's not about money (remember he was going to take so much less to come to Dallas?) doesn't make you right or wipe out the other comments. We were right; you were wrong. Man up and admit it for once in your posting life. You are a hypocritical, contradicting liar that makes up stories to pretend he was right. But even for you trying to claim being right on this one after flooding the board with months of AP trade comments is just pure comedy. You are who you are...

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're been spouting the same BS for months, and you've NEVER had it right. Take the Cowboys out of the equation for a second.... there are 30 other teams that haven't offered the farm for AP. The reason.... he's 30! He ran for 1200 yards at 28, not 2000. He would not top the 1800 Murray ran for last year in any jersey. And when he rushes for 1200-1300 for the Vikings this year, don't go on about what he'd have done in Dallas, because you just made your position clear that the Cowboys OL is overrated. We'll see how that works out for ya

Flawed rebuttal that lacks any real common sense....again. Please indicate or bump any thread here, where I have even remotely indicated that this team should "offer the farm" for AP? Presuming arbitrarily, and foolishly I might add, how much a player can run for in any season with any team, never-mind the best RB in this league running behind probably the best OL in this league (I have conceded this here on numerous occasions about this OL, but reader comprehension issues remain here), is frankly stupid. Further, never stated here that the Cowboys' OL was overrated here, not once, I just don't believe all the media and team hype about ANY RB becoming successful behind this "vaunted" OL, and I stand by that statement....while you guys here continue to count cap dollars and mediorce Rbs, versus acknowledge SB potential with AP and not just another probable Romo/defensive relapse without him and unproven RBs now on their roster.

Last edited:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's try it this way. Where does Dallas find the money to pay AP?

Now keep in mind that if he finishes his contract with the Vikes he will earn 44.5M and he's not happy with that. If you cannot give a 1/2 decent answer you need to STFU about AP in Dallas.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, I have stated this on numerous occasions here. Either the Vikes guarantee AP more money, or they risk getting a half a player this season and paying/taking a $15Mil cap hit, not to mention diminishing his trade value even further. The longer they wait, which is foolish, with AP now having serious and obvious motivational incentive and team alliance issues publicly, and all the questions now surrounding his can-be-expected performance ability well documented through social media, if his contract is left untouched and they proceeded with their public stance/status quo of "play for us or play for no one" team mantra heading into season, the more there is risk of the Vikes having to cut and/or trade him with absolutely little to no compensation whatsoever...which is an utterly ridiculous and a very dumb stance for any professional sports organization to take (no wonder the Vikes have sucked so bad and for so long). Why further reduce a team asset and his trade value even more if he stands by his strong feelings and is willing to take risk to prove his point, further publicly sullying your team and it's progress heading forward into a new stadium? Just to appease some of your fan-base and stick it to him?? Fucking dumb.

Jerry has already indicated that he is willing to part with a 1st round draft pick for a vet player to get better this season under Romo's closing window. Don't really see any other team out there offering them more now after the draft when RB position needs have already been filled by most teams, and AP's cooperation will eventually be needed by his team to restructure any future deal in any possible trade obviously (to help reduce his current unrealistic contract numbers with them). A young rebuilding team like the Vikes could really use a 1st round pick in next year's draft to possibly bundle and move up into the top 5 or 10 picks for an elite draft prospect...it's just plain common sense. The inmates are clearly running the asylum in Minny.

Can this team still win and make the playoffs with this current group of RBs?? Who really knows....certainly not any of you here lol. But they must continue to explore all avenues for a dependable and legit running threat if they are not to have a relapse of the past with Romo throwing mindless picks trying to be Superman again, and the same old defensive struggles with continued over-exposure.

Last edited: