• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone buying Harbaugh to the Raiders ??

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the hell would he want to coach that mess ?? I understand his wife wants to stay in the Bay Area, we need to lock him up now ...pay this man..Jed needs to open up that wallet and make Harbs the highest payed coach in the NFL.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No way Harbaugh would be that foolish. He has the pick of the litter of any NFL team looking and willing to pay for a top flight NFL ready coach. The Raiders are a hot mess who still have to get better everywhere, including the GM spot. I have lived in Oakland for 37 years growing up there as a child to adulthood and being both a Raider fan and 49er fan I view their organization as a humongous travesty for the last 30+ years. Last period of decency was right before the 49ers grew to prominence 1982. In fact, the rise of the 49ers coincided with the Raiders fall. It all starts at the top and the Raiders should still be looking for top level management IMHO even before a coaching hire. So anyone taking that job is either desperate or insane neither of which Harbaugh is IMHO. Of course, It might also have appeal to an egomaniac who thinks they have a magic wand and can right that ship. In any case, the 49ers could easily rehire Harbaugh for the cost of a top flight DE with absolutely no salary cap restrictions...ie 10M/yr. So a top coach still only costs what a pass rusher costs and yet has an effect that is at least as great. Still, Harbaugh will still need to find assistants next year as our DC Fangio is sure to get an offer and our OC Roman needs to be sacked. JMHO..As all are top flight people as far as people go..just feel we need a change at OC.:suds:

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful. Are The Raiders moving? I believe Harbaugh likes being in the Bay.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Only teams I see is Dallas,Cleveland, Mich(college) and maybe SD.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the hell would he want to coach that mess ?? I understand his wife wants to stay in the Bay Area, we need to lock him up now ...pay this man..Jed needs to open up that wallet and make Harbs the highest payed coach in the NFL.

He's worn out his welcome in San Francisco and if his family wants to stay in the Bay Area, then what choce does he have but the Raiders? I would think it is a no lose situation for him. Things cannot get worse in Oakland, they can only get better, so he will get the credit for that and if he can come in and temporarily energize the Raiders like he did with the Niners, he'll be a hero there.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's worn out his welcome in San Francisco and if his family wants to stay in the Bay Area, then what choce does he have but the Raiders? I would think it is a no lose situation for him. Things cannot get worse in Oakland, they can only get better, so he will get the credit for that and if he can come in and temporarily energize the Raiders like he did with the Niners, he'll be a hero there.

Yea no. The Raiders are nowhere near the talent level the 9ers were the year before Harbs took over...they have a promising QB and SOME pieces on the O and D...I don't think any coach in demand would walk into that train wreck on purpose...it's a loose loose job.

The NFL media has turned into the Jerry Springer show in terms of trying to find something to talk about. Sure there might be tension between Jim and the front office, and players that don't exactly see eye to eye with his vision, but show me an orginazation that doesn't have that, and show me an orginazation who wouldn't kill for what we have done the past four years.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

San Francsico 49ers see signs of second life at 6-4 - NFL.com

Read this atrticle and then tell me how Harbs has worn out his welcome.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francsico 49ers see signs of second life at 6-4 - NFL.com

Read this atrticle and then tell me how Harbs has worn out his welcome.
Sorry, I didn't see anything in that article that makes me see that Harbaugh and the other front office guys like Baalke and York can coexist; absolutely nothing. So I'm not sure what you were getting at. If Harbaugh had not worn out his welcome with them he would have been signed to an extension by now.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I didn't see anything in that article that makes me see that Harbaugh and the other front office guys like Baalke and York can coexist; absolutely nothing. So I'm not sure what you were getting at. If Harbaugh had not worn out his welcome with them he would have been signed to an extension by now.

Who's to say he didn't go Flacco and will let the season bookend the accomplishments as the head coach...then get paid. I'd be shocked if they let him walk and don't believe they will.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him linked everywhere by the media, even the NY Giants. He could do well there, I believe. Manning can be helped, if not fixed.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe he will leave the 49ers but he's a big name in the media so they will throw his name in for virtually every job available. At the end of it all though I believe he wants to stay with the 49ers and they will find an offer that works for both parties.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's to say he didn't go Flacco and will let the season bookend the accomplishments as the head coach...then get paid. I'd be shocked if they let him walk and don't believe they will.

I can almost guarantee he'll be let go. Perhaps not "let go" but he will not be back.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I can almost guarantee he'll be let go. Perhaps not "let go" but he will not be back.

3 NFC championship appearances coupled with a Super Bowl in his first 3 years as the head coach? You must know something I don't know Buffalo Bill...besides the "always a bridesmaid never the bride syndrome"...which I'll take after a decade or so of mediocracy.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 NFC championship appearances coupled with a Super Bowl in his first 3 years as the head coach? You must know something I don't know Buffalo Bill...besides the "always a bridesmaid never the bride syndrome"...which I'll take after a decade or so of mediocracy.

....and you don't lock him up early? You let his contract drag out and expire? That's bad business and one thing you can be assured about with 49er ownership is that they are not bad business men. If they wanted Harbaugh back he'd have been signed by now. I predict a"mutual parting of the ways" in February.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have info about the FO and the owner about this? Do tell!

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Because you almost guarantee it, I will take it as truly happening because you seem to have some inside info that nobody else knows.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and you don't lock him up early? You let his contract drag out and expire? That's bad business and one thing you can be assured about with 49er ownership is that they are not bad business men. If they wanted Harbaugh back he'd have been signed by now. I predict a"mutual parting of the ways" in February.

You do realize he's under contract until the end of the 2015 season right? The team can control him beyond just this season. They have plenty of time to workout a long term contract still.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you almost guarantee it, I will take it as truly happening because you seem to have some inside info that nobody else knows.

No, just basic observation and understanding body language, human nature and professional doublespeak.