• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown Has Been Traded to the Raiders

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This actually good for the Steelers, the return they got can be Ben’s replacement in Gardner Minshew and a better Bell in James Williams.
sorry, we would like a qb with better accuracy

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FB_IMG_1552236951425.jpg

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MEMO TO RETARDED OPer:

When referring to the "Raiders" in the future, please include ALL of the following…

"the Las Vegas Corporate Raiders"

it's a new business re-branding marketing strategy.

thank you,

AD junior

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way to know what the better alternatives are, but you can't sit there and tell me that they couldn't have gotten a better deal than this. I guarantee you that 90% of the league is in awe at how little it took to get AB.

Art II & Colbert got played like a fiddle, and they were just as harmful to the trade compensation as AB was. But AB got exactly what he wanted, out of PIT and a huge pay-day, while the Steelers FO has been bending over and grabbing their ankles since December.

Yeah with patience they could of done better. Should of said they had no problem holding Brown to his contract, but would listen to offers. That would of eventually brought down contracts demands and with that better offers from teams.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving a 30-year, former 7th round pick another $30M guaranteed is kind of stupid IMO. I also find it ironic Khalil Mack's personality was apparently "too big" for Gruden's liking, but AB is now coming in...!?

Don't forget that Dak Prescott did with Amari Cooper, in a half season, what Derek Carr couldn't do over his NFL tenure.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people that keep bringing up Bell are in the dark apparently....that was the CBA playing itself out...Bell just decided he didn't want the money....tagging a RB in the 1st place...if that's your angle...I agree.

I agree they look terrible.

Understand...Bell was a 2nd round pick, and Brown was a 6th iirc.

I applaud Bell for sitting out. The Steelers didn’t want to pay him the guaranteed money, so they were trying to tag him in one year deals, while giving him an ABSURD amount of touches.
No reason to put your body thru an extra year of 400+ touches with a team who wouldn’t give you a contract.

To me — the Steelers HAD to know Brown was unhappy and they weren’t going to pay Bell. Instead of selling high on both and getting a king’s Ransom — they tried stringing them along until they had no leverage at all and basically got nothing in return.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I applaud Bell for sitting out. The Steelers didn’t want to pay him the guaranteed money, so they were trying to tag him in one year deals, while giving him an ABSURD amount of touches.
No reason to put your body thru an extra year of 400+ touches with a team who wouldn’t give you a contract.

To me — the Steelers HAD to know Brown was unhappy and they weren’t going to pay Bell. Instead of selling high on both and getting a king’s Ransom — they tried stringing them along until they had no leverage at all and basically got nothing in return.
yeah just pay him a shit ton of money, gee what was wrong there. for a guy with drug history and beahavioral issues. Getting top 5 money yearly , they really screwed bell

what an uneducated take on the situation:L

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 3rd and 5th might have been the best Pitt could get considering no team was willing to give AB that type of upfront money. I'm curious to see what the Bills offered before AB nixed that trade.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one issue I see here is that the Raiders gave up on Khalil Mack who is one of the 10 best non-QBs to build around in the entire NFL. The Raiders are the only team in a worse spot defensively than the Chiefs and their goal is to try and outgun us on offense? That seems weird to me.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Professional sports is balanced around the idea that guys should choose money over rings.

If everyone just signed with the Patriots for 50% off then the NFL would probably come back with new rules the next year in the offseason to prevent it from happening. Nobody benefits from a league full of ring chasers.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate, traded for a 3rd.
Cooper, traded for a 1st.
Antonio Brown, traded for a 3rd and 5th.

Umm....what?! I know he ruined his value by his social media bullshit, same with Le'Veon, but I mean come on! Good riddance but I still wish we would've gotten SOMETHING out of this.

Just put it in perspective. We have what once was the best WR/RB duo in the league for 3-4 years straight. Bell and Brown. In 2019, all the Steelers will have to show for it will be 2 3rd round picks and a 5th. Ugh....

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving a 30-year, former 7th round pick another $30M guaranteed is kind of stupid IMO. I also find it ironic Khalil Mack's personality was apparently "too big" for Gruden's liking, but AB is now coming in...!?

Don't forget that Dak Prescott did with Amari Cooper, in a half season, what Derek Carr couldn't do over his NFL tenure.

Ya, and from everything I've seen, it seems as tho Mack is a great guy and teammate?:noidea:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah just pay him a shit ton of money, gee what was wrong there. for a guy with drug history and beahavioral issues. Getting top 5 money yearly , they really screwed bell

what an uneducated take on the situation:L

I can see why a Steeler fan would look at it like that. As someone with zero allegiance to Pitt or Bell (I actually cant stand Bell as he played for MSU) — it seems like a simple solution would have been to trade Bell.

What Pitt wanted to do was, tag him, give him the ball 400+ touches (more than any RB in the league) and then tag him again, while not guaranteeing any money in the future. Bell knew Pitt was going to overuse him again and he sat out the year. Now Bell will be gone because another team will pay him and Pitt gets nothing.

It makes no sense. They got greedy and wanted to squeeze every last carry out of Bell, without guaranteeing anything in the future. Trade him if you aren’t going to pay him. He was one of, if not, the top RB in the league and he was what, 24 or 25.

On top of that — it makes Pitt look horrible to the other players in the league. When you have 2 of the best players in the league, not wanting to play for Pitt — it can’t shine a very good light on the franchise.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drop offs tend to be a lot less than for receivers than running backs.

The receivers don't take anywhere near the same pounding in games and receivers can get away with working
smarter not harder later on in their careers. Reading defenses/smart route running ans such.

Dez Bryant is a good example of what happens when you don't work on your craft as a receiver as you get older.
Was never a great route runner and it caught up to him the last several years.

i

Exactly.

Rice had a couple good seasons in Oakland before a bad one and then a shitty one in Seattle.