• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown Has Been Traded to the Raiders

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is your problem — he has a 21 million dollar cap hit still, so trading him now provided Pitt with no relief to go improve the defense.

And a 3rd and 5th round pick isn’t going to change anything in that regard, right now.

I always looked at Pitt as a well oiled machine with a great front office. But the way Bell and Brown have been handled, it makes them look terrible.

Basically they had one of the best RB’s and one of the best WR’s and in losing both, a 3rd round pick is all they got. That’s terrible.

The people that keep bringing up Bell are in the dark apparently....that was the CBA playing itself out...Bell just decided he didn't want the money....tagging a RB in the 1st place...if that's your angle...I agree.

I agree they look terrible.

Understand...Bell was a 2nd round pick, and Brown was a 6th iirc.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Tomlin is avoiding criticism, if I'm the Steelers, and he doesn't make the playoffs he will be gone.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. Dark ages are upon them... Very dark
I'm pissed, it won't even be fun to root against you anymore.

Can you even imagine the Ohio teams being better every year?
Gross.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people that keep bringing up Bell are in the dark apparently....that was the CBA playing itself out...Bell just decided he didn't want the money....tagging a RB in the 1st place...if that's your angle...I agree.

I agree they look terrible.

Understand...Bell was a 2nd round pick, and Brown was a 6th iirc.
That whole ordeal pissed off Antonio. You are in denial.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a hard time not laughing my ass off at the Steelers organization for getting fleeced by a couple of jackasses:

Owners-approve-Mark-Davis-Oakland-Raiders-stadium-plan-for-Las-Vegas.jpg
Is Mark Davis' mother also his Aunt?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as others have noted, if you look at this from the perspective of the Raiders' management of the salary cap, it is tragically bad. You could have spent money locking down Mack and you had a pretty good 24 year old WR. Instead you trade them away and trade for a receiver who you pay huge money to, even though he will be 31 before he plays a single game for you. Granted, they got three first rounders, so the fate of these deals ultimately depends on how they capitalize on those picks, but their cap is blown up by an aging player and they have no young nucleus to speak of.
They have tons of money after not paying Mack. This doesn't hurt them at all. What it does for them is to actually be able to run Gruden's offense. This is a huge get. Worst WR situation in the league just got the best guy of the decade. He's 31 and a tremendous route runner. Not 37 with dying speed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really don't think that 90% of the league would have given up 3rd & 5th Rd picks for AB? I know that's not what you're implying, but thats essentially what I was trying to say. No doubt the incoming phone calls died. AB's antics, his rebuke, combined with Colbert's hard-balling were combining to destroy his value. In hindsight I'm betting that those 90% teams are kicking themselves for not keeping their hats in the ring.

IDK...I agree if that was on the table initially, yes, every team that needed a WR would probably have given up a 3rd and 5th.

Take the teams that walked away early on...probably before the BUF news hit the media, they probably were trying to call some of those guys back I'm sure...they would be stupid for not doing so. Was OAK the only one that answered the call? Only one still interested? I'd like to think several more teams were in and 3rd and 5th was the best they could get.

You mentioned this earlier and this is really where I am with this...we can only hope with Brown out of the locker room the team will have less distractions and better focus week to week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is your problem — he has a 21 million dollar cap hit still, so trading him now provided Pitt with no relief to go improve the defense.

And a 3rd and 5th round pick isn’t going to change anything in that regard, right now.

I always looked at Pitt as a well oiled machine with a great front office. But the way Bell and Brown have been handled, it makes them look terrible.

Basically they had one of the best RB’s and one of the best WR’s and in losing both, a 3rd round pick is all they got. That’s terrible.

To be clear...I agree PIT got shafted. This was a terrible return for a player of his caliber.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pissed, it won't even be fun to root against you anymore.

Can you even imagine the Ohio teams being better every year?
Gross.
Steelers brass have made their bed and I'll be hovering around it to occasionally shit in whenever necessary.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders win Super Bowl 2020. You heard it here first.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This actually good for the Steelers, the return they got can be Ben’s replacement in Gardner Minshew and a better Bell in James Williams.