• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ansah

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sir :pound: Yes I call you that. Was raised with southern values.

sir dunce-a-lot :thumb: ... Wrong guy, was a Sir Gump once. I got in trouble for the sir. LOL.

kushlash :yes: Had to call ya that, you made me sing Jimmy.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SS, all three linebackers, two DTs, another DE, a corner who's >6'..... Any of those would help the team.

And an OT and a lead running back with burst, some meat on his bones with decent hands.

Or a TE that can catch AND block who would get more than a one target per game.

Plus a backup QB.

And maybe a receiver if we purge ourselves of TAte and CJ.

Plenty of options, imo.

Early 6 round Lions Mock

1st round 5th pick Laremy Tunsil OT Ole Miss
2nd round 5th pick Adolph Washington DT Ohio State
3rd round (comp)33rd or 34th pick Kenyon Drake RB Alabama
4th round 5th pick Trent Matthews S Colorodo State
5th round 5th pick Sheldon Day DT Notre Dame
5th round 28th pick Carson Wentz QB North Dakota State
6th Round 5th pick Tajae Sharpe WR University of Massachusetts
6th round 20th pick Deion Jones OLB Louisiana State
6th round Possible comp pick from Fairley, but i think a 7th is more Likely Devonte Fields DE Louisville

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd have to target that tall corner via FA.

But I can dig it.

(I like Sharpe a lot.)

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either a DT, DE, or RT. Whatever is available when we draft. I'd like to see them draft the first 2 rounds on linemen.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A left tackle would go the furthest to fix the team but if there's a better DT or DE there when we pick I doubt anyone will complain. Wait, no, not many will complain.

You haven't been a Lions fan long have you? If there's 2 things I have learned in life it's that #1 the Lions are gonna be the same old Lions. And #2 fans are going to complain about it. Hell, I've seen people who complained about Raiola every snap of every game for all of the years he was here, and then they turned around and complained that he retired and left us with Swanson.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early 6 round Lions Mock

1st round 5th pick Laremy Tunsil OT Ole Miss
2nd round 5th pick Adolph Washington DT Ohio State
3rd round (comp)33rd or 34th pick Kenyon Drake RB Alabama
4th round 5th pick Trent Matthews S Colorodo State
5th round 5th pick Sheldon Day DT Notre Dame
5th round 28th pick Carson Wentz QB North Dakota State
6th Round 5th pick Tajae Sharpe WR University of Massachusetts
6th round 20th pick Deion Jones OLB Louisiana State
6th round Possible comp pick from Fairley, but i think a 7th is more Likely Devonte Fields DE Louisville

I am not sure about the absolute rule on comp picks but it is not only the level of player you lose via free agency but the guy you replace him with. Not sure if they would knock that pick down a peg since we replaced Suh with Ngata.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure about the absolute rule on comp picks but it is not only the level of player you lose via free agency but the guy you replace him with. Not sure if they would knock that pick down a peg since we replaced Suh with Ngata.

We traded for Ngata so he doesn't count

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• New England: It’s not surprising to see Bill Belichick on a list like this. But what might be more surprising (or not, if you know what he’s capable of), is that Belichick is not only taking advantage of the system, he’s doing it one step ahead of his peers, even those listed above. As mentioned above, the Patriots used a team option to void Donte Stallworth’s contract in 2008 instead of terminating it, making him a qualifying UFA. This year, the Patriots used this mechanism on three high-profile players: Darrelle Revis, Vince Wilfork, and Brandon Browner. They retained the flexibility to possibly keep them, but if they decided to part ways they would also retain the possibility of comp picks. Revis and Browner already are in the lost column in favor for New England, and Wilfork should be there soon. Without them, the Patriots would only have a pair of 6ths projected. Instead, they have three 6ths and the second highest comp pick, a 3rd for Revis.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • New England: It’s not surprising to see Bill Belichick on a list like this. But what might be more surprising (or not, if you know what he’s capable of), is that Belichick is not only taking advantage of the system, he’s doing it one step ahead of his peers, even those listed above. As mentioned above, the Patriots used a team option to void Donte Stallworth’s contract in 2008 instead of terminating it, making him a qualifying UFA. This year, the Patriots used this mechanism on three high-profile players: Darrelle Revis, Vince Wilfork, and Brandon Browner. They retained the flexibility to possibly keep them, but if they decided to part ways they would also retain the possibility of comp picks. Revis and Browner already are in the lost column in favor for New England, and Wilfork should be there soon. Without them, the Patriots would only have a pair of 6ths projected. Instead, they have three 6ths and the second highest comp pick, a 3rd for Revis.

I hope the new GM does this with CJ.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are playing themselves out of a top 10 pick. After this past win -- they went from 5th to 12th overall, based on the fact they have played the toughest schedule out of the 6 teams at 4-7.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully someone signs Ngata to a big contract and we get another one next year.

I hear the Dolphins are looking for some help on their defensive line. They like to overpay DT's, may as well sign one who will help out in the run.:D

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are playing themselves out of a top 10 pick. After this past win -- they went from 5th to 12th overall, based on the fact they have played the toughest schedule out of the 6 teams at 4-7.

the possible positive here is, Mayhew is no longer here and hopefully the new GM isn't a shiny new toy guy for 2nd round picks. or a lovefest in trading up in 2nd round or giving away future 4th round picks.

it's a wait and see what happens in the future approach for me.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the possible positive here is, Mayhew is no longer here and hopefully the new GM isn't a shiny new toy guy for 2nd round picks. or a lovefest in trading up in 2nd round or giving away future 4th round picks.

it's a wait and see what happens in the future approach for me.

Very true, but I was really hoping we would get a shot at one of the top OL or one of the top DE/DT. With the steady fall (which is a good thing as it means we are winning) -- We may end up drafting another position.