• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another OSU QB transferring

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the peak time calling him to start but from the second he chose Michigan they hype machine has him as the second coming of Tom Brady. It was just a matter of biding his time until MorrisMania was going to begin. Then Hoke and medical staff tried to severely injure him because it’s all about winning, that was when Michigan realized he wasn’t any good.
I have to imagine that hype happens for any five star QB who picks any school.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to imagine that hype happens for any five star QB who picks any school.
But you just claimed that there was no hype for him. It didn’t start until there was no improvement by DG.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was excited about O'Korn transferring here. I thought he would provide some good depth at the position, but argued against him when Speight was starting - I was very much in the Speight corner. I really don't think Speight got the credit he deserved.

So you thought O'Korn would do the same thing your current back ups do? I get you're excited about your depth, but that's no different than in years past.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you thought O'Korn would do the same thing your current back ups do? I get you're excited about your depth, but that's no different than in years past.
It's certainly different. We have depth that's also really highly skilled. OKorn was great because we had no one, but lacked the recruiting prestige that either of our backups currently have. And when OSU is out there looking to add Alex Malzone as a transfer, you know they'd be happy to have OKorn right now.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you just claimed that there was no hype for him. It didn’t start until there was no improvement by DG.
There's always hype surrounding 5 star recruits; it isn't always paired with the immediate wish to remove the current starter. We were excited about Gardner as well, who never lived up to his five star status (though I really wish we could have seen what would have happened with proper coaching, I think Hoke ruined him). I'm hyped about Milton/Mccaffrey but don't want to remove Shea to get either on the field right now.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always hype surrounding 5 star recruits; it isn't always paired with the immediate wish to remove the current starter. We were excited about Gardner as well, who never lived up to his five star status (though I really wish we could have seen what would have happened with proper coaching, I think Hoke ruined him).
So what you are saying is it is literally exactly what is going on now. Starter is super great, backups will be super great too.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly different. We have depth that's also really highly skilled. OKorn was great because we had no one, but lacked the recruiting prestige that either of our backups currently have. And when OSU is out there looking to add Alex Malzone as a transfer, you know they'd be happy to have OKorn right now.

So McCaffrey has been there how long and can't get on the field. Being highly recruited doesn't mean anything if it doesn't translate. I'm getting the sense you hype up just about anyone.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is it is literally exactly what is going on now. Starter is super great, backups will be super great too.

Excited about Morris, Gardner, O'Korn and now these back ups. And he's questioning why we think this is any different and if these guys are any good. Lol.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we've already seen Mccaffrey on the field, so there's a justifiable reason to get excited. He only had 8 pass attempts but had 2 TD's on those and they started bringing him in for rushing plays and had 10 attempts for 99 yards and a TD. Like I said, exciting stuff given he was only serving as a backup. And that's only 1/2 the season because he got injured 5/6 games in. And a lot of that game entirely fresh against an ND team that went undefeated when Shea left with cramps:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So McCaffrey has been there how long and can't get on the field. Being highly recruited doesn't mean anything if it doesn't translate. I'm getting the sense you hype up just about anyone.
He was a redshirt freshman just last year. He's now a RS soph, so he could potentially be the starter his Junior and Senior seasons.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited about Morris, Gardner, O'Korn and now these back ups. And he's questioning why we think this is any different and if these guys are any good. Lol.
You aren't reading what I'm posting if you think that's what I said. I was excited about the first two simply because they were 5 star kids, but unlike many - I wasn't calling for starting jobs to be lost. Maybe a bit in 2014 when the offense was sucking. But with OKorn I saw his transfer as solidifying depth - depth we ended up needing.

To Samurai's original point - yes, when Michigan was bad under RR and Hoke many people hyped up the QB as a sign of hope and things to change because we were so bad. That's not what I'm doing here. I'm excited about our current group because we've actually seen the progress, it's not just hypothetical based on a recruiting 5th star. And the underlying point here was that OSU has no one, so if fields goes down they're in trouble.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we've already seen Mccaffrey on the field, so there's a justifiable reason to get excited. He only had 8 pass attempts but had 2 TD's on those and they started bringing him in for rushing plays and had 10 attempts for 99 yards and a TD. Like I said, exciting stuff given he was only serving as a backup. And that's only 1/2 the season because he got injured 5/6 games in. And a lot of that game entirely fresh against an ND team that went undefeated when Shea left with cramps:

There's also a nice run against Wisconsin:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I remember the “Shane Morris is a five star stud and is just seasoning and will take over the BigTen” era.

I am enjoying the "Harbaugh era". A lot of tOSU wins. It's awesome.

Don't leave Jimmy!!!:harbaugh::harbs3:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am enjoying the "Harbaugh era". A lot of tOSU wins. It's awesome.

Don't leave Jimmy!!!:harbaugh::harbs3:
Be careful what you wish for:

This is your head coach now:
100328_h.jpg

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winless against Ohio State vs Undefeated against Michigan.
Neither have wins over the other team as head coach. By your metric, Jim beating OSU as a player counts.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful what you wish for:

This is your head coach now:
100328_h.jpg

In case you've lost count. 2,705 days since meeeechegan beat Ohio State.

Just a reminder. You said Yer Boyz would take care of business last year. And 2 years. And 3 years. And 4 years ago.

Harbaugh's the only coach in meeeechegan history to start his career 0-4 versus Ohio State.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither have wins over the other team as head coach. By your metric, Jim beating OSU as a player counts.
Nope. Day hasn’t lost a game as head coach. Never said he beat Michigan, just that Michigan has not defeated him. I also say that Michigan State is undefeated against Oklahoma which is 100% correct.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a redshirt freshman just last year. He's now a RS soph, so he could potentially be the starter his Junior and Senior seasons.

Yeah he showed so much potential Harbs brought in a transfer ahead of him with two years of eligibility. If you're good enough you see the field in your first couple seasons now a days.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he showed so much potential Harbs brought in a transfer ahead of him with two years of eligibility. If you're good enough you see the field in your first couple seasons now a days.
Bullshit. When’s the last time a true freshman has done anything?

Sarcasm