• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another OSU QB transferring

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the three teams to win an actual college football playoff championship?

Who lost by 30+ the last time they went to the CFP (to Clemson) and then didn’t even make it the next few years?

If you are talking 5 years ago when you had Zeke and Michael Thomas, etc. Absolutely, you are up there with them.

If we are talking currently over the past few years? No chance. You faced Clemson and lost by 30+ and then didn’t even get invited the last couple years because you were blown out by Iowa and Purdue.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, situations are entirely different. Notre dame has faced OSU 6 times in history, twice in the 30's, twice in the 90's and twice since 2000. They've lost the last 4. Now imagine finishing every year against that while trying to rebuild a program. Urban Meyer finished 54–4 in the B10 and because of the rivalry spent more time making sure he would beat Michigan than any other team. No other school listed had to deal with anything similar coming out of a rebuild.
Michigan State had to deal with a top 5 Ohio State and Michigan, a Notre Dame who never has to worry about talent according to you, Penn State in the preSandusky scandal era. Yeah, other teams had it worse than Michigan.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State had to deal with a top 5 Ohio State and Michigan, a Notre Dame who never has to worry about talent according to you, Penn State in the preSandusky scandal era. Yeah, other teams had it worse than Michigan.
MSU has only had to deal with that for the last few years. MSU won it's first B10 title under Dantonio without every playing OSU that year (that must have been nice). The second B10 title under Dantonio came in the leaders/legends era when MSU wasn't in the same division and got to skip OSU during the regular season (that must be nice). They did meet in the title game, after MSU had already sealed a divisional title. And then squeaked out the last title with that notorious rain game once MSU was finally in the same division as OSU; which was MSU's only win vs. Urban.

If you are pumping up Dantonio's first conference title within four years, don't you think Harbaugh could have done the same if we got to skip OSU all together?

And like I said, a few teams have squeaked out wins against unsuspecting OSU teams....but Michigan doesn't have that luxury either. We're never going to be able to sneak up on them Purdue style.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In JH's 1st four years in ann arbor he's guided them to 1 bowl win. The Citrus Bowl in '15. In that same span UCF also has 1 bowl win. The Peach Bowl in '17.

Isn't the Peach Bowl better than the Citrus?

@UCFhonors what do you think?

Yeah, the Peach Bowl is a NY6 Bowl. The Citrus Bowl isn't.

#UCFacts

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU has only had to deal with that for the last few years. MSU won it's first B10 title under Dantonio without every playing OSU that year (that must have been nice). The second B10 title under Dantonio came in the leaders/legends era when MSU wasn't in the same division and got to skip OSU during the regular season (that must be nice). They did meet in the title game, after MSU had already sealed a divisional title. And then squeaked out the last title with that notorious rain game once MSU was finally in the same division as OSU; which was MSU's only win vs. Urban.

If you are pumping up Dantonio's first conference title within four years, don't you think Harbaugh could have done the same if we got to skip OSU all together?

And like I said, a few teams have squeaked out wins against unsuspecting OSU teams....but Michigan doesn't have that luxury either. We're never going to be able to sneak up on them Purdue style.
Yes we beat Wisconsin that stomped a mud hole in Ohio State.

And we beat Ohio State TWICE for conference titles. That’s about how many you have had this century against them, right?

And no I don’t think that Harbaugh would do it because he has shown he turtles up when the lights are the brightest.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who lost by 30+ the last time they went to the CFP (to Clemson) and then didn’t even make it the next few years?

If you are talking 5 years ago when you had Zeke and Michael Thomas, etc. Absolutely, you are up there with them.

If we are talking currently over the past few years? No chance. You faced Clemson and lost by 30+ and then didn’t even get invited the last couple years because you were blown out by Iowa and Purdue.
OSU has one fewer title than Clemson and Bama in the CFP era. We have finished top 5 every year of the CFP but one when we finished 6th. I'm not saying we are presently as good as them, but we're a hell of a lot closer to them than we are to michigan.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we beat Wisconsin that stomped a mud hole in Ohio State.

And we beat Ohio State TWICE for conference titles. That’s about how many you have had this century against them, right?

And no I don’t think that Harbaugh would do it because he has shown he turtles up when the lights are the brightest.

Like I said, easier to play them occasionally. Their coaches spend a great deal of the season making sure they beat Michigan.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, never change.
BnAp.gif

Got to love the off season.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, easier to play them occasionally. Their coaches spend a great deal of the season making sure they beat Michigan.
Maybe your coaches should try that since treating every team like they are Rutgers isn’t working for them.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe your coaches should try that since treating every team like they are Rutgers isn’t working for them.
We did beat them in 2016 but, you know,

CyOTsYBXUAARDPx.jpg:small

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Peach Bowl is a NY6 Bowl. The Citrus Bowl isn't.

#UCFacts

So what you're saying is over the last 4 years UCF > meeeechegan. I agree.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU has one fewer title than Clemson and Bama in the CFP era. We have finished top 5 every year of the CFP but one when we finished 6th. I'm not saying we are presently as good as them, but we're a hell of a lot closer to them than we are to michigan.

You sound like a Michigan fan now, the way you want to twist it up to try and make OSU look current, when they’ve been to the CFP once in the past 4 years and lost by 30+.

Hate to break the news to you, but OSU is just as far behind as the rest of college football. They’d be double digit underdogs to either team and this year, I’d wager they’d be a 3 score underdog to either.

The hierarchy in the NCAA right now is:
1a. Clemson
1b. Alabama

2-130. It doesn’t matter — Clemson and Bama will be playing for the title.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to break the news to you, but OSU is just as far behind as the rest of college football.
This is just factually incorrect. You can't be so dumb as to think OSU would be the same level of underdog to either team as, say, Wake Forest or Oregon State.

If Justin Fields plays to his enormous potential this year, we can compete with anyone. No reason to think any differently.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just factually incorrect. You can't be so dumb as to think OSU would be the same level of underdog to either team as, say, Wake Forest or Oregon State.

If Justin Fields plays to his enormous potential this year, we can compete with anyone. No reason to think any differently.

Justin Fields isn’t Trevor Lawrence. He couldn’t beat out Fromm and that’s why OSU got him. He went 4 for 13 in your Spring Game, in a game where it showcases the QB and the defense can’t hit him.

When I say 2-130, I’m not saying OSU wouldn’t smash 90% of the other teams. I’m saying it doesn’t matter, because the top 2 teams would be two score plus favorites over ANY other team in CFB.

If you think, because 5 years ago, you had Zeke and Michael Thomas, that you are on the same level as those teams — more power to you. OSU’s results haven’t matched your confidence.