• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another OSU QB transferring

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you haven't been paying attention.

Without doing too much work I'd suggest Demario Mccall coming in at 171 pounds for a RB at OSU wasn't an ideal college weight in 2016, despite being a top 50 player out of HS. Or do you know of many 170 pound RBs in college?
LMAO talk about not paying attention. His most playing time by far was in his true freshman year. His weight has never been a problem.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO talk about not paying attention. His most playing time by far was in his true freshman year. His weight has never been a problem.
His only reps to date have been in a backup role and usually in garbage time.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
michigan does not belong with that group, correct.

I DEFINITELY am not putting UM in a group with Bama and Clemson.

OSU should definitely not be mentioned in the same breath with those teams either.

Bama and Clemson are on an entirely different level than everyone else.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, could it be because he wasn't as good as the two 1,000+ yard rushers that were in front of him?
Almost like one of the top QB's in the B10 being in front of McCaffrey?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OSU should definitely not be mentioned in the same breath with those teams either.

Remember when you said Harbaugh's 1 of the 3 best coaches in CFB because he played & coached in the NFL? Now that was funny stuff. There's no doubt you have your custom meeeechegan homer goggles super glued to your head.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who are the three teams to win an actual college football playoff championship?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost like one of the top QB's in the B10 being in front of McCaffrey?
Seriously? This has nothing to do with being beat out at a position, get back on track. It has to do with it taking "a few years" to add college weight. That's pathetic if your S&C program needs that long to put muscle on a kid.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? This has nothing to do with being beat out at a position, get back on track. It has to do with it taking "a few years" to add college weight. That's pathetic if your S&C program needs that long to put muscle on a kid.
This is coming from a fan of a school that needs 6 years for the head coach to recruit a starting quarterback and 5 years before we are allowed to actually evaluate him so he can get “his guys” in there.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is coming from a fan of a school that needs 6 years for the head coach to recruit a starting quarterback and 5 years before we are allowed to actually evaluate him so he can get “his guys” in there.
Well, to be fair, it usually takes top coaches at least 4 years to establish a foundation, right?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was guaranteed for a redshirt because of his size coming into college. He started playing in his RS freshman season. You're suggesting it's unusual for a kid to need a redshirt year, which is preposterous.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was guaranteed for a redshirt because of his size coming into college. He started playing in his RS freshman season. You're suggesting it's unusual for a kid to need a redshirt year, which is preposterous.
No, I am suggesting that it "takes a few years" to add weight to a player, like you initially said. Keep up.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair, it usually takes top coaches at least 4 years to establish a foundation, right?
Coaches that have taken their team to the playoff and how long it took to win their first conference championship at that program.

Meyer OSU - 3 years
Kelly Oregon - 2 years
Fisher FSU - 3 years
Saban Bama - 3 years
Dantonio MSU - 4 years
Stoops Oklahoma - 2 years
Swinney Clemson - 3 years
Petersen Washington - 3 years
Smart Georgia - 2 years
Kelly Notre Dame - 3rd year he was in the BCS title game.

So Michigan State is the only coach where it took more than three years to take his team to a conference title (Kelly took his team to a BCS title game in year three) and I would argue that none of those teams had a bigger project than Dantonio did and MSU was in a much worse spot when Dantonio took over than Michigan was when Harbaugh took over.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches that have taken their team to the playoff and how long it took to win their first conference championship at that program.

Meyer OSU - 3 years
Kelly Oregon - 2 years
Fisher FSU - 3 years
Saban Bama - 3 years
Dantonio MSU - 4 years
Smart Georgia - 2 years

So Michigan State is the only coach where it took more than three years to take his team to a conference title (Kelly took his team to a BCS title game in year three) and I would argue that none of those teams had a bigger project than Dantonio did and MSU was in a much worse spot when Dantonio took over than Michigan was when Harbaugh took over.
Don't forget Tressel won the national title in his 2nd year at OSU, also.

My comment was mostly mocking michigan fans who are still using the "he's building a foundation" excuse, 4 years in.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My comment was mostly mocking michigan fans who are still using the "he's building a foundation" excuse, 4 years in.
I just was doing the playoff coaches but I’ve gone through all of the coaches that have won P5 conference titles but it was more of the same. Maybe I will do that tonight after work.

I knew what you were getting at but saying it is one thing and seeing it is another.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meyer OSU - 3 years
Kelly Oregon - 2 years
Fisher FSU - 3 years
Saban Bama - 3 years
Dantonio MSU - 4 years
Smart Georgia - 2 years

Sorry Oklahoma fans I forgot about one coach.

Riley Oklahoma - first year

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meyer OSU - 3 years
Kelly Oregon - 2 years
Fisher FSU - 3 years
Saban Bama - 3 years
Dantonio MSU - 4 years
Smart Georgia - 2 years

Every situation is different. There's various reasons many of those teams were able to do it in as short of a time as they did, a lot of it has to do with the lack of competition within their own conference. A lot of those coaches also took teams over and had some pretty bad seasons prior to winning their division or conference. Michigan's biggest hurdle up to this point has been being in the same division with Ohio State. Outside of Michigan State, I don't think a single one of those teams has to face a similar hurdle to win their division; and even MSU didn't until the realignment. If the divisions in the B10 were what they were prior, Michigan already would have had multiple division wins under our belt. It's the cards we dealt, I accept that.

And outside of maybe 3 maybe 4 of those teams, none of them had the 8 year down-slide that Michigan experienced heading into Harbaugh. The situations at FSU, OSU, Oregon, Bama (though they did have some NCAA penalties), OU, UGA and Clemson weren't nearly as bad. Most of them were just fielding average 7-9 win teams.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The situations at FSU, OSU, Oregon, Bama (though they did have some NCAA penalties), OU, UGA and Clemson weren't nearly as bad. Most of them were just fielding average 7-9 win teams.
The five years before Harbaugh became coach, 2010-2014, michigan won an average of around 8 games a year. Seriously, how many more excuses can you possibly have for this guy?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every situation is different. There's various reasons many of those teams were able to do it in as short of a time as they did, a lot of it has to do with the lack of competition within their own conference. A lot of those coaches also took teams over and had some pretty bad seasons prior to winning their division or conference. Michigan's biggest hurdle up to this point has been being in the same division with Ohio State. Outside of Michigan State, I don't think a single one of those teams has to face a similar hurdle to win their division; and even MSU didn't until the realignment. If the divisions in the B10 were what they were prior, Michigan already would have had multiple division wins under our belt. It's the cards we dealt, I accept that.

And outside of maybe 3 maybe 4 of those teams, none of them had the 8 year down-slide that Michigan experienced heading into Harbaugh. The situations at FSU, OSU, Oregon, Bama (though they did have some NCAA penalties), OU, UGA and Clemson weren't nearly as bad. Most of them were just fielding average 7-9 win teams.

RR and Hoke combined for more wins at Michigan than Alabama did the previous 7 years prior to Saban.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan was averaging 7 wins a season for the previous 8 seasons before Harbaugh and Bama only had one more win over the 8 seasons before Saban than what Michigan did over the 8 seasons before Harbaugh.