• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another OSU QB transferring

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't reading what I'm posting if you think that's what I said. I was excited about the first two simply because they were 5 star kids, but unlike many - I wasn't calling for starting jobs to be lost. Maybe a bit in 2014 when the offense was sucking. But with OKorn I saw his transfer as solidifying depth - depth we ended up needing.

To Samurai's original point - yes, when Michigan was bad under RR and Hoke many people hyped up the QB as a sign of hope and things to change because we were so bad. That's not what I'm doing here. I'm excited about our current group because we've actually seen the progress, it's not just hypothetical based on a recruiting 5th star. And the underlying point here was that OSU has no one, so if fields goes down they're in trouble.

Dude all those guys ended up sucking. That's my point, you're excited about any and everybody.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. When’s the last time a true freshman has done anything?

Sarcasm

Tate Forcier was amazing against Western Michigan...you take that back!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we always hear how great of a quarterback stable Michigan has them when the starter gets injured all the excuses come.

I have to say in UM’s defense. When Harbaugh signed on at UM, we had to have one of the worst QB rooms in P5. Shane Morris was the best we had and that’s pathetic. Iowa’s QB lost his starting job and immediately became the starter for UM.

Harbaugh didn’t bring in his first QB recruit until Peters. With a QB with McCaffrey as the backup, Milton backing him up and Peters, with McNamara (no clue where he stands — most likely redshirt)

So UM is light years better in that regard than we were.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate Forcier was amazing against Western Michigan...you take that back!

Tate Forcier threw for 250 and ran for 70 against Notre Dame with 3 tds. So don’t put down WMU — they gave up 100 less yards than ND did to him:dhd:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate Forcier threw for 250 and ran for 70 against Notre Dame with 3 tds. So don’t put down WMU — they gave up 100 less yards than ND did to him:dhd:

Yes and ND sucked that year, just like Forcier's career.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say in UM’s defense. When Harbaugh signed on at UM, we had to have one of the worst QB rooms in P5. Shane Morris was the best we had and that’s pathetic. Iowa’s QB lost his starting job and immediately became the starter for UM.

Harbaugh didn’t bring in his first QB recruit until Peters. With a QB with McCaffrey as the backup, Milton backing him up and Peters, with McNamara (no clue where he stands — most likely redshirt)

So UM is light years better in that regard than we were.
Is it better? Yes. But we hear almost every single year how great the Michigan QBs are going to be. It’s every year going all the way back to the Lloyd Carr days. There has been like two years where the hype wasn’t there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful what you wish for:

This is your head coach now:
100328_h.jpg

Be careful what YOU wish for. You keep assuming this young guy isn't a good HC. Tressel and Urban dominated you, no reason to think this offensive genius can't do the same

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful what YOU wish for. You keep assuming this young guy isn't a good HC. Tressel and Urban dominated you, no reason to think this offensive genius can't do the same
Tressel and Urban were established head coaches when they took over. Urban already had a national title.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude all those guys ended up sucking. That's my point, you're excited about any and everybody.
You know what would have sucked more than O'Korn? A walk on. Because that's who would have been starting with all the injuries we had that season. So I don't feel bad about being thankful we got his transfer because in the end, no matter how bad he was, he was better than a walk on. You're confusing the arguments here. I said I was excited for five star recruits, especially QB's. That's not a controversial opinion, even if they did end up sucking.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he showed so much potential Harbs brought in a transfer ahead of him with two years of eligibility. If you're good enough you see the field in your first couple seasons now a days.
When Mccaffrey was recruited, it was pretty established that he'd need a few years to bulk up to college weight. I'm not sure we'd have wanted Mccaffrey starting last year. This is the first year where it would have been reasonable and you know what, sometimes you just have to wait your turn. Except at OSU, where you just transfer away. Harbaugh has brought in 1 highly ranked QB recruit in every class for the last 3 years. With Peters fizzling, Shea was a necessity last year. Starting a RS freshman at QB is not ideal.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what would have sucked more than O'Korn? A walk on. Because that's who would have been starting with all the injuries we had that season. So I don't feel bad about being thankful we got his transfer because in the end, no matter how bad he was, he was better than a walk on. You're confusing the arguments here. I said I was excited for five star recruits, especially QB's. That's not a controversial opinion, even if they did end up sucking.

I don't know O'Korn was fucking awful. A walk on may have been better.

And I don't think I'm confusing anything. You are excited about everyone and they've ended up sucking. If I had to guess these guys will turn out the same. I mean how much faith can you have in a guy who doesn't see the field til his 4th year in college? Hell anybody worth a shit leaves after their 3rd year, in most cases.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Mccaffrey was recruited, it was pretty established that he'd need a few years to bulk up to college weight. I'm not sure we'd have wanted Mccaffrey starting last year. This is the first year where it would have been reasonable and you know what, sometimes you just have to wait your turn. Except at OSU, where you just transfer away. Harbaugh has brought in 1 highly ranked QB recruit in every class for the last 3 years. With Peters fizzling, Shea was a necessity last year. Starting a RS freshman at QB is not ideal.

Again, if you have to wait THAT long, odds are you aren't very good. Not like Patterson lit the world on fire or anything.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, if you have to wait THAT long, odds are you aren't very good. Not like Patterson lit the world on fire or anything.
Patterson was a top 25 QB in QBR last year, 2nd in the B10. You can't just dismiss that. He's been here 2 seasons. He's the backup and presumably is in line for starting his junior and senior seasons. Seems right on track to me. I don't want underclassman starting at QB.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know O'Korn was fucking awful. A walk on may have been better.

And I don't think I'm confusing anything. You are excited about everyone and they've ended up sucking. If I had to guess these guys will turn out the same. I mean how much faith can you have in a guy who doesn't see the field til his 4th year in college? Hell anybody worth a shit leaves after their 3rd year, in most cases.
With two players....two. And I was excited about them like any of Michigan's five star recruits. Some end up sucking, some end up doing really well. I'm sure you've done the same with ND's five stars. And I'm sure @7Samurai13 was pumped with Malik McDowell chose MSU over Mich. I'm not sure what we're debating here or why the conversation has come to this place? Gardner and Morris were a bit different for Michigan because fans were hoping those were the guys that would lead us out of the dark ages.

And as I already said, Mccaffrey started getting into the game last season (even with Shea healthy) specifically on some designed QB runs. They started working him in and then he broke his collar bone. Not much you can do about that. So he was starting to see the field in year 2. I imagine you'll see him in the same role this year.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in S. Carolina back in the 90's. I can tell you that to the locals USC is S. Carolina. To say people in their own state are wrong for what they call the program is silly on your part.

No it's not. They are wrong regardless of where they live. USC is in California, Caroina is in Chapel Hill, and Clemson is THE University in South Carolina.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson was a top 25 QB in QBR last year, 2nd in the B10. You can't just dismiss that. He's been here 2 seasons. He's the backup and presumably is in line for starting his junior and senior seasons. Seems right on track to me. I don't want underclassman starting at QB.

I know, you might get stuck with a Tua or Trevor Lawrence at QB...who wants that headache.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, you might get stuck with a Tua or Trevor Lawrence at QB...who wants that headache.
Stupid Alabama ruining every single well established rule in CFB. Go take your billion championships elsewhere and let the normal teams talk.