• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another Metallica Thread

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying you have to play fast as shit or overkill the double bass pedal to be a great metal drummer. Most of the metal I listen to tends to be more mid-tempo. I've heard countless opinions on Metallica over the years and basically what I've gotten out of it is nobody really rates Lars very highly as a drummer except hardcore Metallica fans. I've heard people say "I fucking hate Dream Theater, but Mike Portnoy is the man" or "I think Rush is lame as fuck, but Neil Peart is one of the best drummers ever". I've never heard someone say they don't like Metallica but give props to Lars as a drummer.

Fair enough. I've found most people that hate on Lars' drumming are hating on him because they feel Metallica sold out, not necessarily on his drumming technique. I know he's not the best drummer in the world but he works for what Metallica has now done for 30+ years, just don't understand all the hate towards him. I think Dream Theater would still be Dream Theatre without Portnoy but you can't the say the same about Metallica.

anyway, nice to have a cival conversation about the whole thing.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I learned how to play bass because of Cliff Burton and can still pull off most of Anesthesia/Pulling Teeth.

But can this guy?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuTxiy24j7U]Metallica - (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth [Live Suprise Gig, Orion Music + More 2013 HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km0FOor8k5c]One - Metallica (Actual War Footage) - YouTube[/ame]