• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another Metallica Thread

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I am huge Metallica fan. I have seen them a shitload and have met them once. Former Deadhead as well.

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much prefer Metallica over that growling and gargling over the mic shit. :yahoo:

I like a lot of different genres. I remember some death metal band back in day called, wait, for it, Death. LOL. I think they started the growling stuff.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you like distorted and extreme guitars, bass, aggressive drumming, and want Celine Dion on vox ?

I would like to hear vocals that do not sound like a mentally challenged cow being burned at the stake or what I would assume that demon from Insidious would sound like in real life.

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you like distorted and extreme guitars, bass, aggressive drumming, and want Celine Dion on vox ?

Hetfield did wuss out some but not that much. Unless they actually released that Lou Reed crap. Here's one that's high pitch tho, Slayer.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hetfield did wuss out some but not that much. Unless they actually released that Lou Reed crap. Here's one that's high pitch tho, Slayer.

When did Hetfield wuss out?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:puke: lametallica is everything wrong with 'metal'

Kill 'Em, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All was the greatest string of metal albums the world will ever know. After literally thousands of listens, it only gets better for me every time.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS - And it all sadly came to a crashing halt with the Black album. Still remember where I was when I first heard it, which was in my car about 5 min after Wal-Mart opened the day it was released. I was literally sick when I heard that shit, called my buddy and his exact words were "What the fuck did I just hear?"

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it was after that in my opinion. They toured well playing the original stuff for a few years. I saw them in Nashville at Starwood Amphitheater in about 1992 and they killed it. Saw them again in about 1996 or 1997 and they were deep in the wuss stage with the short hair and eye makeup. They've never recovered. If they ever put together a tour with Mustaine (who lives 10 min from me) playing all original shit, it'll be the highest-grossing tour ever. They'd put the Stones and KISS into permanent retirement.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS - And it all sadly came to a crashing halt with the Black album. Still remember where I was when I first heard it, which was in my car about 5 min after Wal-Mart opened the day it was released. I was literally sick when I heard that shit, called my buddy and his exact words were "What the fuck did I just hear?"

yeah, the Black album was harsh for the avid Metallica fan. Going from The Frayed Ends Of Sanity to Nothing Else Matters was a WTF moment for me too. But, as I've gotten older I actually really enjoy that album, also really enjoy Load and Reload as well. Bleeding Me and The Outlaw Torn are fucking fantastic songs.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when people say Metallica sold out blah blah, but turn around and listen to shit like Cannibal Corpse.

I can sense a metal thread coming on. I can talk this shit all night long.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kill 'Em, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All was the greatest string of metal albums the world will ever know. After literally thousands of listens, it only gets better for me every time.

disagree RtL introduced power ballads, and AJFA was terrible other than the back-end

KeA an MoP kick ass to this day though.

The best string of metal albums (4+x anyways....)

nPD9wPI.png

JHFhrUh.png

p1KDgY8.png

P7hjGpK.jpg

shusa6t.png

AGciLHX.jpg

Honorable Mention to Countess (NED)