• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meal Delivery Service Promotions

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone tried any of these? HelloFresh , blue apron, Fresh n Lean......theres a ton of them. They all over Massively discounted promos for a week or three that actually are a great value. Beyond the promos Its not worth it. But has anyone done the promos then cancelled? Then just moved on to another one? and cancelleD? Curious ? I have seen some things online suggesting that. Then also suggesting that all of the services will continue to send you discounts once you cancel for a while, trying to get you to come back. Just seeing if anyone has an insight/experience.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone tried any of these? HelloFresh , blue apron, Fresh n Lean......theres a ton of them. They all over Massively discounted promos for a week or three that actually are a great value. Beyond the promos Its not worth it. But has anyone done the promos then cancelled? Then just moved on to another one? and cancelleD? Curious ? I have seen some things online suggesting that. Then also suggesting that all of the services will continue to send you discounts once you cancel for a while, trying to get you to come back. Just seeing if anyone has an insight/experience.
I did Blue Apron for a few months, for the most part it was pretty good meals. I kept a few of the recipes they sent, one in particular is in my regular rotation. My issue is the food quality is not always the best, and it was often enough to not be worth it anymore. It is common for most of these things, when they first start out they are fantastic, but as they grow they have to start looking at lower quality foods. I ran into a similar thing with Butcher Box.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did Blue Apron for a few months, for the most part it was pretty good meals. I kept a few of the recipes they sent, one in particular is in my regular rotation. My issue is the food quality is not always the best, and it was often enough to not be worth it anymore. It is common for most of these things, when they first start out they are fantastic, but as they grow they have to start looking at lower quality foods. I ran into a similar thing with Butcher Box.
Ahh that sucks. Any issues with cancelling?

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had Butcher Box for a few months, but the steaks were really small and priced higher than fresh local meat. When I was married, the in-laws would send us Omaha Steaks, but again the portions were small and the prices high. The steaks were good at first, but then the quality dropped off, just like the ex-wife.

Now we get our produce from a local vegetable stand, and fresh meat at a local butcher. Last fall we bought a quarter steer, all cut up, sealed and frozen. That route provides the best meat for the lowest price. A quarter steer just about fills a 13 cubic foot vertical freezer. And it's always a local fish place. Being retired makes it easy.