• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another Metallica Thread

Texas_Longhorns_Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love me some Megadeth, but wrong thread, Iceman. Start a Megadeth thread and I'll be right there.

wasn't Mustaine in the original Metallica before they kicked him out and stole his music credits on Kill Em All ?

Mechanix and The Four Horsemen are the same song.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can all agree that lars is a shitty drummer though, right?

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can all agree that lars is a shitty drummer though, right?

all of us except IPW who will troll for its own sake.

Lars can't carry Kollias' jock.
And couldn't in his 'prime' either. There's a reason that they never had double-bass kick heavy albums.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And couldn't in his 'prime' either. There's a reason that they never had double-bass kick heavy albums.

hmmm, dude's wiki page says one of his inspirations was lars :L

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean the thread I was posting in while you were wiping horse jizz off your mouth trying to catch up and post in ?

See, and here's the problem, if I made a post like this about you, you would be screaming about the rules and personal attacks, and trying to PM every Mod you could about getting me banned.

Awww, look at LOC and his little hurt feelers. :laugh3:

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, and here's the problem, if I made a post like this about you, you would be screaming about the rules and personal attacks, and trying to PM every Mod you could about getting me banned.

Awww, look at LOC and his little hurt feelers. :laugh3:

look @ butthurt IPW crying about pereceived derp. Manup with citations, or STFU photoshop clown.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no it's not, but you seem fucked up to think it is.

u gay?

But it's not fucked up to picture me wiping horse jizz off my mouth?

Ok, I can see you're a big fan of bestiality which I'm sure is frowned on more than being gay.

lol @ LOC's smiley :hdn:

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's not fucked up to picture me wiping horse jizz off my mouth?

Ok, I can see you're a big fan of bestiality which I'm sure is frowned on more than being gay.

lol @ LOC's smiley :hdn:

LMAO @ you pretending you don't have a 3 year history here of posting your stupid as shit horse pictures

:spit:

REALLY>

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO @ you pretending you don't have a 3 year history here of posting your stupid as shit horse pictures

:spit:

REALLY>

So what does that have to do with you being fucked up picturing me wiping horse jizz off my face?

I mean if you say i'm fucked up and gay for my statement towards you, what does that say about you then?

I know it's hard, but think about it.*

*And no, I'm not talking about my cock again ya prevert.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does that have to do with you being fucked up picturing me wiping horse jizz off my face?

I mean if you say i'm fucked up and gay for my statement towards you, what does that say about you then?

I know it's hard, but think about it.*

*And no, I'm not talking about my cock again ya prevert.

it means you're a gay beastility fetishist.

that's all.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it means you're a gay beastility fetishist.

that's all.

Ok, so what type of animal are you then? And if I'm a horse, is it really considered bestiality?

Just go back and re-read it again, and you might figure out where you went wrong with this post?

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]FONN-0uoTHI[/YOUTUBE]

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he is 10x the writer though which, in the grand scheme of things, is the most important for any band.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My step brother in '88 was a party dj and played shit like 2 Live Crew. This was before Metallica hit it real big, I was riding with him one day and he put on "one" and said "this is dope, do you know who it is"? I about jumped out of the car.

Most people put "Enter Sandman" as the defining moment when Metallica became mainstream but I'll suggest it was the song "one"

"One" was definitely the song that made Metallica mainstream. It was no.1 on the MTV top 10 Countdown for months.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you like distorted and extreme guitars, bass, aggressive drumming, and want Celine Dion on vox ?

the cookie monster voices goes too far. I enjoy early Sepultura, Cannibal Corpse and the likes. But it gets to a point where all that shit just sounds the same. Metallica did redefined their sound, going from Lighting to Masters. Anyways they got clumsy, I enjoyed the black album. Load? no, Reload? is pretty good. St? fucking sucks. Death? trying a little too hard.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Metallica on these tours:
Ride the Lightning (front row @ the Cain's Ballroom...James threw me a Beck's)
Master of Puppets (front row @ the Cain's...hung out with them earlier in the day because I knew the promoter and James remembered my friends and I from the last time they were in town...smoked a doob w/them and got to talk to Cliff)
And Justice for All (front row at the arena in town...only girls hanging out with them by this time...don't blame the dudes for that)
...and that one album after that.

They are the definitive metal band in my opinion and were responsible for turning me on to the Misfits, etc.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen them 5 times..............
First time was with Suicidal Tendencies and fucking Candle Box (was supposed to be AIC)
3 times with Korn (one of those shows had Kid Rock; not my fav) and I can't remember who I seen them with the 5th time...............greatest shows I've ever been to.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
i loved them.......but they softened up in the last 10 years and are virtually unrecognizable....cliff burton would not approve of the shit they pedal now....anything pre 2000 was gold...

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i loved them.......but they softened up in the last 10 years and are virtually unrecognizable....cliff burton would not approve of the shit they pedal now....anything pre 2000 was gold...

Yeah, I'm sure Cliff would hate to be a multi-millionaire, traveling around the world performing in front of sold out crowds.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Hetfield's voice has always irked me, and Lars sucks. Kirk is a boss though, and so was Cliff before he died.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Hetfield's voice has always irked me, and Lars sucks. Kirk is a boss though, and so was Cliff before he died.

How does Lars suck at drumming? Compared to what? Lars has been a huge influence on many of the metal drummers. I just don't get the hate on him. He is perfect for the music that Metallica makes.

oh, and Kirk is not a boss. He's adequate and plays what James and Lars tells him to play.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metallica was the first concert I went to. My high school buddy was big into them (I hadn't heard much of their stuff) but the Black album had just come out and he convinced me to go. I remember, being subversive fucks that we were, that we listened to Genesis' Invisible Touch album on the way there.

I had ear-plugs that I'd brought with me, 'cause I was told I might want them. I took them out about a minute into the first song. The ear ringing was worth it.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metallica was the first concert I went to. My high school buddy was big into them (I hadn't heard much of their stuff) but the Black album had just come out and he convinced me to go. I remember, being subversive fucks that we were, that we listened to Genesis' Invisible Touch album on the way there.

I had ear-plugs that I'd brought with me, 'cause I was told I might want them. I took them out about a minute into the first song. The ear ringing was worth it.

Yeah, Metallica was my first big concert. I went to Monsters of Rock in L.A. in '88 to go see Metallica. I'll never forget the mayhem that ensed once they hit the stage... it was f'n awesome. Before Metallica got on stage I think it was a band called Kingdom Come, that was terrible, The Scorpions and Dokken. It was all calm until James hit the first chord and the crowd went ballistic. They stormed the front of the stage and ended up having to stop for a while in the middle of Damage Inc. until the crowd calmed down.... good times.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Metallica was my first big concert. I went to Monsters of Rock in L.A. in '88 to go see Metallica. I'll never forget the mayhem that ensed once they hit the stage... it was f'n awesome. Before Metallica got on stage I think it was a band called Kingdom Come, that was terrible, The Scorpions and Dokken. It was all calm until James hit the first chord and the crowd went ballistic. They stormed the front of the stage and ended up having to stop for a while in the middle of Damage Inc. until the crowd calmed down.... good times.

Nice. You caught them at the true height of their popularity.. well before everyone else did. I'd see other students at school walking around with their denim jacket with the Metallica patch and always wondered what their story was. More often than not they were good people who came from bad situations.. and they were fiercely loyal to that band.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Lars suck at drumming? Compared to what? Lars has been a huge influence on many of the metal drummers. I just don't get the hate on him. He is perfect for the music that Metallica makes.

oh, and Kirk is not a boss. He's adequate and plays what James and Lars tells him to play.

He can keep a beat, and that's about the extent of his talent. His style is very basic, uncreative, and boring. Metallica would have been a much better band if they had someone the same caliber as a guy like Mike Portnoy or Brann Dailor behind the kit.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can keep a beat, and that's about the extent of his talent. His style is very basic, uncreative, and boring. Metallica would have been a much better band if they had someone the same caliber as a guy like Mike Portnoy or Brann Dailor behind the kit.

you're completely wrong imo. Lars writes almost 100% of Metallica's music, his style is anything but basic, uncreative and boring. They don't play speed metal, they don't use heavy amounts of double bass... you're comparing apples and oranges.

His style is Metallica.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're completely wrong imo. Lars writes almost 100% of Metallica's music, his style is anything but basic, uncreative and boring. They don't play speed metal, they don't use heavy amounts of double bass... you're comparing apples and oranges.

His style is Metallica.

I'm not saying you have to play fast as shit or overkill the double bass pedal to be a great metal drummer. Most of the metal I listen to tends to be more mid-tempo. I've heard countless opinions on Metallica over the years and basically what I've gotten out of it is nobody really rates Lars very highly as a drummer except hardcore Metallica fans. I've heard people say "I fucking hate Dream Theater, but Mike Portnoy is the man" or "I think Rush is lame as fuck, but Neil Peart is one of the best drummers ever". I've never heard someone say they don't like Metallica but give props to Lars as a drummer.