• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Luck, QB - Denver Broncos

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is what im talking about what has he really done and won .. in the end winning is all that counts .. I dont care about the numbers .. winning is what counts to me

Yeah, there a lot of QBs that have put up good numbers and not won anything...I'm not sure if that makes them less of a QB so to speak...imo Dan Marino was the best QB I've ever seen play...no rings, and Montana who was not nearly as good of QB in terms of throwing the football has a bunch and most consider him the GOAT....I can't push back on that because it is about winning.

But as we know from the early 70s Steelers...teams win SBs...not QBs...Brady had nothing to do with play the won the SB for NE...right? Luck is the guy the media want to hang their hat on and he just hasn't done enough to warrant it and it rubs some people a little rough. I feel ya.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is relative. Of course Luck has a huge arm as does every NFL QB.

But Rodgers makes throws that no other QB can make.

Agreed...he is unique in that regard...We're on the same page...had to get that little dig in when you said not even...lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said before that Brett Hundley is actually in the best position to succeed of the entire QB draft class. Mariota and Winston are getting the reps now, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Hundley named starting QB for the Titans or Bucs in a few years.

That's the UCLA kid?

I was hoping the Steelers would take him and get rid of Landry. idk where he went but I think he's going to get a shot to start at some point...Winston is a far better talent throwing the ball imo...the best thing TB can do right now, is continue to focus on the OL...I think Winston will be a 2nd NFL contract QB as a starter...and I'm starting to come around on Mariota as well. Time will tell.

IMO...the NFL has sped up the developmental cycle for QBs too quickly now that the rookie pay scale is in effect...the spread OFC is in CFB to stay it seems...my bosses son is a HS OL and he said just about every team they play run the the spread OFC. Parcells said rookie QBs need 30+ starts before you can really evaluate them assuming they're not repeating the same mistakes over and over. These guys today might need 40 games coming from a spread.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the UCLA kid?

I was hoping the Steelers would take him and get rid of Landry. idk where he went but I think he's going to get a shot to start at some point....

The Packers drafted him in the 5th round. A great spot for the kid. He's got a ton of talent, but just needed a place where he could develop. Who better to learn how to be a pro QB than Aaron Rodgers and the Packers organization? And there's absolutely no pressure on him. Scott Tolzien is the current second string QB because of experience - who by the way has also greatly improved this year - but I wouldn't be surprised if Hundley will pass him in the depth chart next year. Hundley looked pretty good right away in his rookie preseason, too - actually better than Aaron Rodgers did as a rookie.

We'll see how the development goes, but Hundley could end up being one of the most highly coveted backup QBs in over a decade.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is relative. Of course Luck has a huge arm as does every NFL QB.

But Rodgers makes throws that no other QB can make.

Sit back and look at that for a moment.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I said:
Really? That's total bull crap. What QB wouldn't want to play for the Bears? They are a perennial offensive power house, they have great fans that are quiet when the Bears are on offense, and the media doesn't throw the Bears QB under the bus every chance it gets.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I get it now. No other quarterback can throw with their pinkie finger off the ball. That must be it.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? That's total bull crap. What QB wouldn't want to play for the Bears? They are a perennial offensive power house, they have great fans that are quiet when the Bears are on offense, and the media doesn't throw the Bears QB under the bus every chance it gets.

I know, I know. And just look at all the great quarterbacks throughout the Bears' history. Who wouldn't want to follow in the footsteps of those greats?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the colts d is going to be good this year . hey not many teams that turn the ball over 3 -5 times a game will win . lookout for anderson he is around the ball all the time and is a tackleing machine . so without their top 4 cb and still in the game . i was impressed maybe one of these rookies can step their play up and win playing time when davis , toler and butler are back maybe this week . luck just needs to take care of the ball and not hurt the D .

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the colts d is going to be good this year .

:scratch:

"Going to be good" is something uttered before or during the preseason. The Colts are right there with the Bears, Raiders and Saints challenging for the worst defense in the league.

hey not many teams that turn the ball over 3 -5 times a game will win .

Seahawks. :gaah:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

"Going to be good" is something uttered before or during the preseason. The Colts are right there with the Bears, Raiders and Saints challenging for the worst defense in the league.

Seahawks. :gaah:
when you start 2 rookies in a 3-4 D on the line it will take time . colts 0-2 or 0-3 means nothing been there done that . football is about peaking at the right time .

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pagano gets fired Luck will stay.
If Pagano gets a new contract, Luck will start making other plans.....