• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Luck, QB - Denver Broncos

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is laughably absurd. Andrew Luck is going to get the largest contract in NFL history this offseason.

He isn't going to roll the dice and wait out his contract to be a free agent only to be tagged by the Colts anyway.

Even if Luck really wanted out of Indy and wanted to go to Denver, which is pure speculation, he isn't tossing 10-20 million dollars in the trash in hopes of getting what he wants.

People were saying all sorts of silly stuff about Russell Wilson and how the team didn't want him or that they were going to let him test the open market. And then on the last day possible, Wilson signed his extension.
and its been worth every penny since ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Anderson and Denver's TEs aren't exactly the type of players that will make a guy like Luck switch teams.

I'm not going to pick apart Denver's roster because its better than most but I'm not sure its the type of roster that will swing a player. Denver would have better luck going after some other veteran who is trying to get every last bit out of their career with the Denver air.
Well it made Peyton Manning want to come to the Broncos and the roster has only added talent since then.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but I just dont see what everyone see's in luck .. he is average at best

He's got what it takes between the ears and the physical gifts to be a great. I think some of his potential and production is being wasted, though, because of the situation he's in.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One has to wonder how much longer they will be a soft division though. Mariota has actually looked pretty good for a rookie. Blake Bortles if he can take a leap forward could make that division much tougher as well. Houston has a decent defense so if they could ever find a QB then watch out for them. I honestly think they should try to tank the season a bit to get one of the top QB's so they have them locked into a cheap contract and can build with having Watt on the other side.

TN...the Titans quietly are in a state of flux themselves...a lot of people feel coach Whiz needs a strong (8-8ish?) year to make it into '16 as the HC...Mariota has looked promising and I think we both might have to do a 180 on him as a pro prospect...FWIW...I don't think we said he would bust, but might have a longer learning curve...I'm not quite ready to back off that yet...he's going to have more growing pains.

On the whole...you're right...the bad teams get the higher draft picks so theoretically the DIV should be catching up to IND...much like the AFCN where CIN and CLE were quietly stock piling all these high draft picks and they got to be competitive teams.

I would still give the Colts the nod for the next couple for sure, but imo they will have to get rid of their GM before they make any real threats to claim another Lombardi. The TRich trade really hurt that team, this off season...for a team supposedly hurting on the OL and DEF...their key FA pcs were Andre Johnson and Frank Gore?...why not kick the tires on LT Jake Long (who was just signed...1 yr super cheap by ATL)...if it works, sign him long term, if it doesn't you haven't lost much cap money.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but I just dont see what everyone see's in luck .. he is average at best

Do you seriously think his skill set is average or his production to date is average?

Skill set...he's a bigger Aaron Rodgers basically. Can make all the throws, Stanford educated so we know he's got something upstairs...what's not to like?

Production...yeah, definitely overrated for what he's done in the league, but that's not really his fault...the media jumped on him like they saw him walk on water or fed a bunch people with a fish and pc of bread or something. Actually they jumped on RG3 too, but he's forced them to back off.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota has looked promising and I think we both might have to do a 180 on him as a pro prospect...FWIW...I don't think we said he would bust, but might have a longer learning curve...I'm not quite ready to back off that yet...he's going to have more growing pains.

I've said before that Brett Hundley is actually in the best position to succeed of the entire QB draft class. Mariota and Winston are getting the reps now, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Hundley named starting QB for the Titans or Bucs in a few years.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skill set...he's a bigger Aaron Rodgers basically. Can make all the throws, Stanford educated so we know he's got something upstairs...what's not to like?

He does not have Rodgers arm. Not even close.

Production...yeah, definitely overrated for what he's done in the league, but that's not really his fault...the media jumped on him like they saw him walk on water or fed a bunch people with a fish and pc of bread or something. Actually they jumped on RG3 too, but he's forced them to back off.

He was annointed before he did a thing. In large part because the 2012 Colts had a really improbable season.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is going to the Bears.

That's what I said:

Say Indy franchises Luck, but Luck refuses to play for Indy anymore and Indy trades him to Chicago for Cutler and some draft picks. [more Broncos irony for fun] Luck then blackballs Chicago from a long term deal and forces a trade to get something for him. Chicago will take the best offer, preferably to the AFC. Enter Elway.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah have to agree how are the Broncos old other than at a couple of spots? They have Manning's replacement for the QB position in Osweiler most likely. Ware has his replacement on the roster as well in Shane Ray and the emerging play in Shaq Barrett. The Broncos have Mathis' replacement in Max Garcia who was expected to start until they signed him and was looking good so far this year. So their 3 older players already have their replacements on the roster. The one position that maybe we don't have covered is that of RT unless Schofield has something click. Otherwise every starter on the team is 30 and below with plenty of game left.
Theoretically, that all checks out, but are the Broncos going to be able to hang onto them? I could see them getting away just because they want a better opportunity elsewhere. That's what happened to the Bears linebackers. They had back ups that looked amazing on the Bears backing up Urlacher and Briggs and then they went other places to start for other teams before those players retired.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather not see the Colts send another good QB to the Broncos.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you seriously think his skill set is average or his production to date is average?

there is what im talking about what has he really done and won .. in the end winning is all that counts .. I dont care about the numbers .. winning is what counts to me

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is what im talking about what has he really done and won .. in the end winning is all that counts .. I dont care about the numbers .. winning is what counts to me

It's always nice hearing from a fellow Joe Flacco fan!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theoretically, that all checks out, but are the Broncos going to be able to hang onto them? I could see them getting away just because they want a better opportunity elsewhere. That's what happened to the Bears linebackers. They had back ups that looked amazing on the Bears backing up Urlacher and Briggs and then they went other places to start for other teams before those players retired.
It could be some of that. I do think we maybe lose Trevathan after this year. Injury prone and if he keeps going like he is will ask too much. Von miller is almost for sure resigned. DL wise we are already trying to lock up some guys. So good chance our defense has all the key guys back next year.

The offense could be in transition though depending on Manning. If he does retire though that does give the Broncos some huge cap space to resign or go out and get some talent.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. It's cyclical.

I have no faith in Bortles, though. I think the Jaguars are going to continue to flounder until they commit to drafting properly. Pissing away high picks on QBs and WRs has to stop. They need to build an offensive line and a defensive line first. They need to realize that their best option at QB is a journeyman who has had some success with other teams. (see Fitzpatrick last night)

BUF and NYJ are following or trying to follow the SEA blueprint. We've seen in the past from BAL and TB that it's a tried and true formula...but, it's not a whole lot easier imo because at the end of the day to win a SB with a DEF led team...your QB still has to make some plays as we've seen RW do. We'll have to see how far they can go with it.

Jags...I think Bortles will be an avg NFL QB and he was a good pick imo at that spot...they tried the journeyman thing with little success...they've drafted OL really high (Joeckyl looks like a bust I'm hearing)...this year they take DL stud and he breaks his leg or something...Blackmon was a stud...just couldn't stay clean/sober...kind of snake bitten franchise right now...no offense to people there, nice town, great golf, but I would be trying to get the hell out of dodge if I were Khan.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does not have Rodgers arm. Not even close.

The point I'm making is the NFL has sort of an unwritten benchmark (height, weight, speed, etc,) for nearly all positions and for QB...Luck is about 9 of 10.

He was annointed before he did a thing. In large part because the 2012 Colts had a really improbable season.

Okay...not many do, but not even close flyer? lol...he's an NFL QB, it's got to be somewhat close.

Absolutely...Preaching to the choir.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...not many do, but not even close flyer? lol...he's an NFL QB, it's got to be somewhat close.

Well it is relative. Of course Luck has a huge arm as does every NFL QB.

But Rodgers makes throws that no other QB can make.