• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And thus the Frank Reich coaching tree was created.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Eagles do one thing with HC hires it is not to go with a retread.

While this guy will be his 1st HC job, makes him an unknown. I would rather have an unknown with upside than a retread. When is the last time a retread has ever made it back to a superbowl?

I think this is a good hire.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this guy will be his 1st HC job, makes him an unknown. I would rather have an unknown with upside than a retread. When is the last time a retread has ever made it back to a superbowl?

I think this is a good hire.

Andy Reid

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a lot of silly things on here about Bieniemy.
Yes he started off a RB coach (he is an ex RB) but to act like he knows nothing else while being the OC of one of the top Offensive minds is just silly. Even with Reid making most of the calls. No one can doubt the knowledge this guy has absorbed. Hasnt someone around here point out Reid's coaching tree not being to bad?

Also I see every year they blow out of proportion about the black HC not getting hired. Trust me there isnt 32 racist owners out there. Refusing to hire a black HC. The only color those guys see is green. You are not just gonna magically will there to be a certain percentage of black HCs in the league. They are not a victim in all of this. If they are good enough they will eventually get hired.

As far as everyone thinking Bieniemy is getting screwed. Try to remember. A. he has interviewed for the texan job & B. He is in the middle of game planning for a Championship game. he is not just gonna line up a shit load of interviews while still in the playoffs. i am about as close to 100%as possible that he will be a Head coach somewhere by 2021 Season. Quit crying every time a team is impatient enough to hire there guy before he is done in the postseason. hell if he has already decided on the Texans job. Why would he make that public while his team is still in the postseason to be a distraction?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasnt someone around here point out Reid's coaching tree not being to bad?
List of Chiefs OC before Bieniemy under Reid:

Matt Nagy
Brad Childress
Doug Peterson

Not exactly great IMO both Nagy and Peterson where given too much credit for Reids offense, much like BB assistants get to much credit for what the Pats do. Think the same applies to Bieniemy. In fact Mahomes is the reason Reid offense went from fair/good to great. No doubt Bieniemy will land a HC gig and we'll see it for ourselves.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List of Chiefs OC before Bieniemy under Reid:

Matt Nagy
Brad Childress
Doug Peterson

Not exactly great IMO both Nagy and Peterson where given too much credit for Reids offense, much like BB assistants get to much credit for what the Pats do. Think the same applies to Bieniemy. In fact Mahomes is the reason Reid offense went from fair/good to great. No doubt Bieniemy will land a HC gig and we'll see it for ourselves.
I stand corrected :heh:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who?

Bienemy continues to get screwed over.
By what measure? Because the media promotes him.

perhaps the nfl views him different, you know like draft prospects...media props a guy up, he goes round 4 and fizzles

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By what measure? Because the media promotes him.

perhaps the nfl views him different, you know like draft prospects...media props a guy up, he goes round 4 and fizzles

I agree

if Bienemy was killing the interview process and came across as the best qualified to lead that franchise, he would be hired, Period.

I don’t listen to any of the other nonsense, these owners and GMs are in the business of winning football games

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree

if Bienemy was killing the interview process and came across as the best qualified to lead that franchise, he would be hired, Period.

I don’t listen to any of the other nonsense, these owners and GMs are in the business of winning football games
Yep. More to it.....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles Coaches are all the same guy :scratch:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Brown's coaching tree will never be matched.

-Don Shula
-Chuck Noll
-Bill Walsh

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with DJ on this....

Bellamy should be a HC in the NFL and the fact he isn't is a travesty.

But it is own doing because teams don't want to wait till after the SB to hire. They want it done lickity spilt, so they can focus on the next task at hand.

The NFL DRAFT

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why he's a RB coach?

You want more black HC's then what the NFL should be doing is not trying to give incentives for teams to hire black HC's but give them incentives to hire black QB coaches.

You look at offensive HC's in this league and almost all of them have a background that included being a QB coach. QB is king in the NFL. Teams want to find that next QB whisperer. If you start getting more black QB coaches you will naturally get more black OCs and more black HC's.

It's why Byron Leftwich will be a HC within the next 5 years.

So what......

It should not matter what coach you are.

IF YOU HAVE SUCCESS. YOU SHOULD EARN A PROMOTION...

Has Eric Bellamy had success in the NFL?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little know fact. Frank Reich was the QB of the greatest comeback in college football when he brought my Maryland Terps back from 31-0 at the half again the defending champs the Miami Hurricanes. Then he was the QB in the biggest NFL playoff comeback with the Bills.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with DJ on this....

Bellamy should be a HC in the NFL and the fact he isn't is a travesty.

But it is own doing because teams don't want to wait till after the SB to hire. They want it done lickity spilt, so they can focus on the next task at hand.

The NFL DRAFT

Who is bellamy?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so does this guy. You want him as your coach???
Preseason NFL Power Rankings: A healthy Jimmy Garoppolo makes 49ers the  highest climbers from last year – The Athletic

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what......

It should not matter what coach you are.

IF YOU HAVE SUCCESS. YOU SHOULD EARN A PROMOTION...

Has Eric Bellamy had success in the NFL?

What the hell kind of logic is that? In an office if the custodian has success cleaning toilets it doesn't mean they should promote him to the fucking director of finance.

Like any career path the promotions that you earn will largely be based on your experience and applicable skills that they are looking for.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell kind of logic is that? In an office if the custodian has success cleaning toilets it doesn't mean they should promote him to the fucking director of finance.

Like any career path the promotions that you earn will largely be based on your experience and applicable skills that they are looking for.

In football coaching it is usually true.

Bellichick (sp) coaching tree is evidence of this....

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In football coaching it is usually true.

Bellichick (sp) coaching tree is evidence of this....

If a team is looking to hire an offensive HC they are most of the time going to look for someone with QB coaching experience. Teams want to try to find that next QB whisperer HC and they rarely think they will find that in someone who only has the background of a RB coach.