• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And thus the Frank Reich coaching tree was created.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles still chasing reliving that 2017 season.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah kind of the Phili front office/ownership basically saying that they believe Frank Reich had more to do the with Eagles SB win than Doug Peterson did with this hire.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7iwF.gif

Lurie: See this broken down piece of shit QB, Wentz?

Coaching candidate: Yeah.

Lurie: See this promising rookie, Hurts?

Coaching candidate: Yup.

Lurie: You need to play the broken down piece of shit guy, OK?

Coaching candidate: OK, I have Tommy Boy over in Houston on the other line, can I call you later?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who?

Bienemy continues to get screwed over.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, he has a great rep around the League.....we'll see how this works out.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Eagles do one thing with HC hires it is not to go with a retread.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy sounds promising, but you can't help but feel that the Eagles are still suffering from "smartest guy in the room" syndrome where instead of drafting the obvious players (Justin Jefferson) and hiring the obvious coaches (Eric Bienemy), they think they are going to outsmart the league and in the process show themselves to be fools.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy sounds promising, but you can't help but feel that the Eagles are still suffering from "smartest guy in the room" syndrome where instead of drafting the obvious players (Justin Jefferson) and hiring the obvious coaches (Eric Bienemy), they think they are going to outsmart the league and in the process show themselves to be fools.
Remember, they're the Gold Standard.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Missanelli this afternoon. Bieniemy turned down the requested interview with the Eagles. But did interview with the Texans. So either he's going to the Texans. Or had no interest in answering to Howie. That's why we need these first time head coach types. Because no one else is going to put up with Howie.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who?

Bienemy continues to get screwed over.
Bienemy has the easiest OC job in the world. It’s like being Peyton Manning’s offensive coordinator (Adam Gase). Just about anybody is going to succeed in that system. Reid is the real OC. Trust me. Nagy is my teams HC, he got the job by being Reid’s OC and he sucks.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if Wentz is fixable, but I am pretty sure Bienemy would be able to put Wentz in the best possible position to succeed......if he is fixable.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if Wentz is fixable, but I am pretty sure Bienemy would be able to put Wentz in the best possible position to succeed......if he is fixable.

Why he's a RB coach?

You want more black HC's then what the NFL should be doing is not trying to give incentives for teams to hire black HC's but give them incentives to hire black QB coaches.

You look at offensive HC's in this league and almost all of them have a background that included being a QB coach. QB is king in the NFL. Teams want to find that next QB whisperer. If you start getting more black QB coaches you will naturally get more black OCs and more black HC's.

It's why Byron Leftwich will be a HC within the next 5 years.

• Facepalm
Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why he's a RB coach?

You want more black HC's then what the NFL should be doing is not trying to give incentives for teams to hire black HC's but give them incentives to hire black QB coaches.

You look at offensive HC's in this league and almost all of them have a background that included being a QB coach. QB is king in the NFL. Teams want to find that next QB whisperer. If you start getting more black QB coaches you will naturally get more black OCs and more black HC's.

It's why Byron Leftwich will be a HC within the next 5 years.
He's KC's OC.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's KC's OC.

He's the OC with a RB coaching background and only a RB coaching background. QB is king in the league. Teams want someone they feel can coaching QBs and get the most out of their QB.

An OC that only has the background as a RB coach is not going to have as much value to a team looking to hire a HC as a OC that has worked as a QB coach or just a QB coach that isn't necessarily a OC yet.

You can face-palm me all you want but if you want to get to the root issue and the root solution it's not "hey hire this guy because he is black and we don't have enough black HC's" it's hey let's look at the common theme in the background of these offensive HC's, let's look at where the league is at with being an offensive QB focused league and from there if we want to fundamentally increase the number of black HC's then the best course is to find a way to influence teams to hire and develop black QB coaches.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the OC with a RB coaching background and only a RB coaching background. QB is king in the league. Teams want someone they feel can coaching QBs and get the most out of their QB.

An OC that only has the background as a RB coach is not going to have as much value to a team looking to hire a HC as a OC that has worked as a QB coach or just a QB coach that isn't necessarily a OC yet.

You can face-palm me all you want but if you want to get to the root issue and the root solution it's not "hey hire this guy because he is black and we don't have enough black HC's" it's hey let's look at the common theme in the background of these offensive HC's, let's look at where the league is at with being an offensive QB focused league and from there if we want to fundamentally increase the number of black HC's then the best course is to find a way to influence teams to hire and develop black QB coaches.
STFU.

As the OC he is responsible for calling the plays, all the plays, not just the running plays.....just because he started as a RB coach doesn't mean he hasn't evolved.....he calls the offensive plays also.....SMH.

There are coaches that start out as defensive coaches and switch to offensive coaches....Football is football.....you either know it or you don't.....

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STFU.

As the OC he is responsible for calling the plays, all the plays, not just the running plays.....just because he started as a RB coach doesn't mean he hasn't evolved.....he calls the offensive plays also.....SMH.

There are coaches that start out as defensive coaches and switch to offensive coaches....Football is football.....you either know it or you don't.....

He doesn't call plays. Don't kid yourself that

And again teams want someone with a background of coaching QB because QB is king in the NFL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't call plays. Don't kid yourself that

And again teams want someone with a background of coaching QB because QB is king in the NFL.
I should have known better than to engage in a discussion with you....my bad.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have known better than to engage in a discussion with you....my bad.

What a childish response. You are a perfect example of what is wrong with this country. I'm giving you a reasonable and logical take but since it doesn't mix well with your feelings you completely disregard it.