• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And then there was DeMarco Murray

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With much of top FA already signed, Murray remains. Who do you think lands him and do you think he will get what the contract he is looking for?

Rumor has it, he has spoke with Jim Kelly and has interest in the Eagles but I think this is just Murray playing the Cowboys. I mean the Eagles already have the 2010 San Diego Chargers backfield signed and they traded away an expensive RB... it doesn't make sense.

Personally, I really would like to see him return to the Cowboys but up until now, I haven't really felt that was a possibility. Now that it looks like the market for him isn't as strong as thought (or maybe it is guess we will see), I can see them getting him back at a more reasonable price.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I applaud Murray for what he's done, but the guy had one full season out of 4 years that he's been in the league. He also ran 392 carries JUST during the regular season and another 44 in the playoffs for 436 total.

If Cowboys are smart you let him go. That offensive line is STACKED. There's no reason you can't plug another runningback behind it and expect 1,300 yards/10 TDs.

It seems Murray is fishing for money, and I'm just waiting for him to go down again. I hope all the best for the kid and am certainly not wishing injury upon him, just calling a spade a spade.

As to the Eagles and Murray talking /facepalm. The Eagles are CJ Spiller away from creating the biggest injury prone backfield in ALL of sports history (they've already created in NFL history, but we're just going to include whatever backfield exists for the rest of sports and lump that in should Spiller/Murray get signed).

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spoke with jim kelly? he talked to a bill about the eagles

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly is a diabolical genius if this is true

Everything makes sense and perfectly fits now

Still could just be a wild rumor and complete crap.....but.....

It would like some Keyser Sose type master plan that had so many hidden twists

I am rooting for it to be true, just to see the reactions.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With much of top FA already signed, Murray remains. Who do you think lands him and do you think he will get what the contract he is looking for?

Rumor has it, he has spoke with Jim Kelly and has interest in the Eagles but I think this is just Murray playing the Cowboys. I mean the Eagles already have the 2010 San Diego Chargers backfield signed and they traded away an expensive RB... it doesn't make sense.

Personally, I really would like to see him return to the Cowboys but up until now, I haven't really felt that was a possibility. Now that it looks like the market for him isn't as strong as thought (or maybe it is guess we will see), I can see them getting him back at a more reasonable price.

Well sorta like Forsett, he has only one good season on his resume and I don't think the brains of the NFL is moved all that much by either.....They will let the market assure them they aren't worthy of the money they are seeking and resign with their respective teams IMO.....
That and $4 will get you a Cappo at Starbucks, :ranger:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sorta like Forsett, he has only one good season on his resume and I don't think the brains of the NFL is moved all that much by either.....They will let the market assure them they aren't worthy of the money they are seeking and resign with their respective teams IMO.....
That and $4 will get you a Cappo at Starbucks, :ranger:
RB isn't as important in today's pass happy NFL.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB isn't as important in today's pass happy NFL.
Let's see if you sing the same tune if or when the Cowboys lose Murray. Good OL or not, you need a talented RB. Seems like the Cowboys searched for years for one. I'm really hoping some team steps up and signs Murray, just so we can see how "unimportant " a RB is.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless.
I'm thinking this all blows up in Kelly's face.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a couple of "rumors" on twitter that the Jags are also interested.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see if you sing the same tune if or when the Cowboys lose Murray. Good OL or not, you need a talented RB. Seems like the Cowboys searched for years for one. I'm really hoping some team steps up and signs Murray, just so we can see how "unimportant " a RB is.
Murray is good but he benefited from that great OL in front of him.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats just won the SB without an elite RB.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with the importance of Murray, and the fact that everybody thinks you can just 'plug a guy in behind that OL' is somewhat of a fallacy.

Think it will be a lot harder than you think to find a replacement for the Murray of last year.

He has a lot of attributes that you want in an NFL back: has vision, runs hard and has enough speed to hurt a defense. Plus is durable and can handle many carries. His only negative is the injury history, going back to college.

If they can finagle Adrian Petersen out of Minnesota, that could probably offset the loss of Murray.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the importance of Murray, and the fact that everybody thinks you can just 'plug a guy in behind that OL' is somewhat of a fallacy.

Think it will be a lot harder than you think to find a replacement for the Murray of last year.

He has a lot of attributes that you want in an NFL back: has vision, runs hard and has enough speed to hurt a defense. Plus is durable and can handle many carries. His only negative is the injury history, going back to college.

If they can finagle Adrian Petersen out of Minnesota, that could probably offset the loss of Murray.
There is an abundance of good RB's available in the draft.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it comes down to just solely money the Jags will win this contest.
The Cowboys need to sign Dez long term (IMO) before they can sign Murray, but if the Jags are serious about taking Murray I think they could do it. If Murray doesn't care about a chance to get into the post season.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys, unless the Raiders or Jags decide they really want him & overpay for him. As good as he was last season, I think a lot of that production was because of Dallas' O-line. And because most RB(s) are devalued now along with a good crop of draft prospects at the RB position, I don't think there will that many suitors for him at his asking price.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is an abundance of good RB's available in the draft.

Yeah there are. Probably the best RB draft in a few years. Deep too.

With the line, and a good replacement, 1200/1300 yards is likely.

But to think any of them, will come in and reach 1850 yards and 390 or so carries (or whatever is was-a lot) is just unrealistic.