• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And the fans wonder why.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the players are not loyal to their team or town these days....
Well Hello !!!!....This is why, you aren't loyal yourself....
A guy does 6 yrs of good for your city, and because of 1 indiscretion, you turn your coward back on him, and do your greedy best to humiliate him.....Nice going thousands of Bmore fans and FO, you have reached the moral bottom of the pond.....
I don't own a Rice jersey but I'm gonna buy one now just to say to the haters, "Bite me"..
Signed.....From a real Ravens Fan !!!!

"BALTIMORE -- Thousands of Baltimore Ravens fans lined up with Ray Rice jerseys in hand to exchange them Friday in a team-organized event at the M&T Bank Stadium." :L:L:L:L
Baltimore Ravens Blog - ESPN

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy does 6 yrs of good for your city, and because of 1 indiscretion, you turn your coward back on him, and do your greedy best to humiliate him.....Nice going thousands of Bmore fans and FO, you have reached the moral bottom of the pond.....
I don't own a Rice jersey but I'm gonna buy one now just to say to the haters, "Bite me"..

"BALTIMORE -- Thousands of Baltimore Ravens fans lined up with Ray Rice jerseys in hand to exchange them Friday in a team-organized event at the M&T Bank Stadium." :L:L:L:L

OS how many players are really loyal to the teams since FA? Once a better contract comes along they split town, don't take it persoanlly

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, why can't fans be more like Ray's loyal wife and .... oh...

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"real raven fans" sound like awful people

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happens Old School...sometimes you have to sacrifice one or a few for the preservation of the whole...MLB threw many of their star players under the bus to keep Congress off their ass.

Overkill IMO, (6 games was good enough I thought), but it was just too sensitive of an issue...the Ravens like many other teams have female fans and supporters.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OS how many players are really loyal to the teams since FA? Once a better contract comes along they split town, don't take it persoanlly

That's what I mean Sonny, the fans are always griping that these players won't pass up more money with another team and a better future for their family to stay loyal to the team...
But then they turn around and throw them to the wolves the first time it's convenient to.....
I've said before, I don't especially like Ray Rice, but the things some fans and our FO has and is doing to him is just wrong, man......
Hernandez's jerseys were exchanged in NE when he was arrested for an obvious murder charge, that's understandable, but 1 DV charge does not merit this kind of treatment from insiders, IMO....
I'm more ashamed of the team and fan treatment than the incident and flawed handling of it....
Low class Shameful !!!! In my book.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More hypocrisy from you.

First of all - if a married man has an affair, it's an indiscretion. If a man punches his finace and knocks her out - that's disgusting.

Secondly, again I'd like to point out that you wanted Mike Tomlin suspended a lot longer than 2 games for stepping onto the field.

But Ray Rice getting more than that for knocking his woman out - well, that's an outrage!!!

If you love Ray Rice so much, you can offer to buy up all those jersey's people are turning in.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When that 2nd video came out it was pretty clear there was gonna be a sacrificial lamb. RR spit on and cold cocked his then g/f now wife. RR's not a top tier player and thus................

I don't know if the Ravens cutting him, Goodell suspending him indefinitely. As well as losing some, most or all of his endorsement deals is doing anything to help the original victim, Janay Rice, in all this.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 domestic violence charge? No, that wouldn't warrant this. A video of you slapping and then punching a woman in the face harder than I've ever felt the need to punch anybody in my life??? Dropping her right to the ground unconcious and then dragging her out of the elevator by her hair like she's a piece of shit and having it caught on video? He's getting off easy.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Rice represents the Ravens and doing what he did isn't a good image for any team. If anything, Ravens fans are staying loyal to the team by doing this. Don't know about others but I personally am a team fan first. Players come and go, I don't. I think that is the case for the fans returning the jerseys.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical fan mentality:

If Ray fumbled on the one-yard line in a 4-point loss to the Steelers, you'd want him crippled with a baseball bat.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is irony that they want out of Ray Rice yet they deify Ray Lewis with a statue.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More hypocrisy from you.

First of all - if a married man has an affair, it's an indiscretion. If a man punches his finace and knocks her out - that's disgusting.

Secondly, again I'd like to point out that you wanted Mike Tomlin suspended a lot longer than 2 games for stepping onto the field.

But Ray Rice getting more than that for knocking his woman out - well, that's an outrage!!!

If you love Ray Rice so much, you can offer to buy up all those jersey's people are turning in.

If I recall, and I do, you told me that you have emotional problems....
And you know what, I BELIEVE YOU !!!!!! :shortbus:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Rice represents the Ravens and doing what he did isn't a good image for any team. If anything, Ravens fans are staying loyal to the team by doing this. Don't know about others but I personally am a team fan first. Players come and go, I don't. I think that is the case for the fans returning the jerseys.

I understand and that makes sense, but look at an OJ Simpson, who everyone knows he murdered 2 people and then went to jail for armed robbery later on, I don't recall ever hearing of the super moral NFL ever taking any of his previous accomplishments away....
What Rice did, he is being punished for but to erase all his previous accomplishments is wrong and hypocritical.....
If they're gonna do this to one player then let it be done to all players, and watch how thin the history of the NFL becomes.....:nod:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall, and I do, you told me that you have emotional problems....
And you know what, I BELIEVE YOU !!!!!! :shortbus:
Sure....

Those emotional problems are called, "MST as it relates to PTSD".

I got those problems wearing the uniform of the United States Navy.

So, like many women that suffer from MST, I have thoughts of suicide from time to time.

Which of course has NOTHING to do with Ray Rice punching out is fiance and dragging her like a sack of cement out of the elevator.

Or with your fellow Ravens fans turning in jerseys.

Now, please explain to the rest of the class how Mike Tomlin should have been punished harsher than Ray Rice. Our HC steps onto the field and you wanted him gone for a year. Ray Rice punches out is wife and its an 'indiscretion'?

By your..oh, let's call it 'logic'....

Mike Tomlin being a few inches farther toward the field than he should have been = 1 year suspension.

Your RB knocking is wife out = 2 game suspension.

Please...explain that shit.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to stop crying and time to move on.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to stop crying and time to move on.

Agreed. He can appeal in a year.

Whether or not the suspension will be lifted will be determined by what he does between now and then. If he stays out of trouble, takes some anger management classes, spends time with battered women's shelters, etc he'll likely be reinstated.

The question then becomes, 'who signs him'?

First, he's got a lot of mileage on him at this point and second, he's going to bring a circus with him.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! IMO maybe some posters here should just take a break from this forum and try to figure out why they are posting some of the things they have been. It's just a message board...nothing more. Hope everyone gets out of this without emotional issues.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. He can appeal in a year.

Whether or not the suspension will be lifted will be determined by what he does between now and then. If he stays out of trouble, takes some anger management classes, spends time with battered women's shelters, etc he'll likely be reinstated.

The question then becomes, 'who signs him'?

First, he's got a lot of mileage on him at this point and second, he's going to bring a circus with him.

If recent history says anything the Bengals have seemed to be the team most willing to give someone a second chance. We're a society with a short memory. If he keeps his head down after taking a break for a year there won't be much headline material. I hope Ray and his wife take this time to make meaningful changes to their life and I think people are capable of changing in the right environment. Alcohol could be a trigger for him, maybe he just needs to steer clear of it while he's pursuing a career in the NFL. Maybe he has other issues that need to be resolved but he has some time to get his head straight and hopefully he uses it in a meaningful way.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If recent history says anything the Bengals have seemed to be the team most willing to give someone a second chance. We're a society with a short memory. If he keeps his head down after taking a break for a year there won't be much headline material. I hope Ray and his wife take this time to make meaningful changes to their life and I think people are capable of changing in the right environment. Alcohol could be a trigger for him, maybe he just needs to steer clear of it while he's pursuing a career in the NFL. Maybe he has other issues that need to be resolved but he has some time to get his head straight and hopefully he uses it in a meaningful way.

The Bengals are RB heavy, though. They cut 'law firm' for just that reason.

I think at this point Rice is a backup at best and it would be having a circus if you had him.

Dallas? Oakland?

Status
Not open for further replies.