• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Stone Shares Some Thoughts on White Sox fans and the Team's Current State

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Via his Twitter feed...

Steve Stone (@stevestone) on Twitter

We can’t tell anyone how to feel or when to vent. We can’t tell you how to express your frustration. That’s up to you. Do what you need to do. Just remember that there are many people in life who are behind you win or tie. Let it all out. Stay with us or don’t. Your choice...

A beautiful house takes 5 yrs to build. The builder tells you that. After 2.5 years you rant and rave that it’s not good. Is that shocking to you? It’s an instant gratification society. You’re not happy. We get it. The job is halfway done. Enjoy the process or don’t. Up to you...

Slumps are frustrating. Bad baseball isn’t cause for celebration. The “all is lost” fan view is no more realistic than sizing the rings after a hot streak. Plenty of twists and turns. We’ll be here every game as will the team giving our best. Sometimes it’s not good enough...

Sometimes when you lose a player you lose his stats and not much else. When Tim Anderson went down the Sox lost they’re (their) identity. He brings a swagger and aggressiveness to the team that is greatly missed. His bravado is his calling card. He’ll lead this team. It’s who he is...

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stone is a cockknocker.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It apparently takes over a decade to make the playoffs

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. no doubt straight from reinsdork's desk.

People are going to project their feelings all over this. You see these words through the lens you choose to.

I think Stone is simply referring to the knee-jerk reactionary behavior of every fan-base. We start to show signs of growth and everyone is excited for the future. We come out looking bad in the 2nd half and suddenly much of the same fan-base sounds like they're about to hang themselves.

You can't just keep doing 180's with every little turn of the tide. There has to be some perspective towards the larger picture and nothing has really changed in that regard. We're in the same spot we were before the break towards 2020 and beyond. This is year #3 of a complete strip down, overhaul and rebuild from scratch. Expecting more than what we've gotten this year is rather silly. If this is who we are next year, sure... I'll join the pitchfork carrying crew. But until then... we have to take our lumps and watch some growing pains. It's apart of it.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are going to project their feelings all over this. You see these words through the lens you choose to.

I think Stone is simply referring to the knee-jerk reactionary behavior of every fan-base. We start to show signs of growth and everyone is excited for the future. We come out looking bad in the 2nd half and suddenly much of the same fan-base sounds like they're about to hang themselves.

You can't just keep doing 180's with every little turn of the tide. There has to be some perspective towards the larger picture and nothing has really changed in that regard. We're in the same spot we were before the break towards 2020 and beyond. This is year #3 of a complete strip down, overhaul and rebuild from scratch. Expecting more than what we've gotten this year is rather silly. If this is who we are next year, sure... I'll join the pitchfork carrying crew. But until then... we have to take our lumps and watch some growing pains. It's apart of it.
and that's the lens you choose.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is our 3rd year in building.
Don’t you have to have something built to rebuild it? It’s yr 11 and they just demoted their head of scouting while the 2 other jackasses Remain in place

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has been pretty obvious that this team was still majorly flawed since May...What has happened since the break is just a reversion to our mean. Anyone who has kept quiet about the Sox’s play until now has the patience of a saint. Stone the cockknocker can kiss off.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gm complains about fans complaining

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Whether it's next year , the year after, or whenever this run begins..."

QONVIyz.gif

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that may be unfortunate to him and management, but it's the way it is. management would certainly like its base to roll over and swallow everything they espouse ... well, too bad. we're not all as dumb as they'd like us to be.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't been in the top half of the American League in a decade. Not great...Not good...Just...average...We haven't even been that in 10 f*cking years.

"ZOMG WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU GUIZE?" Our general manager throws down the gauntlet.

Boom goes the dynamite I guess.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me never to use the GC that took 5 years to build Stone’s house.