• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And the deflated balls story plot thickens

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only want to know one thing. Where do I sign up to have this much attention paid to my balls.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain the 12th ball. Explain the properly-inflated Colts balls.

It's believe the 12th ball is gone, ie given to a fan on a play, and if the Colts had started with a higher pressure level there balls would likely still be in compliance.

I'm not saying it's the reason, I'm suggesting we need to look at all posible manners in which it could have happened prior to coming to a conclusion.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They cheated.

yes with science ... nothing is going to be done to bb or tom terrific (brady).. so they should just drop it ... unless there is a picture of either of them deflating the balls they are in the clear due to lack of proof ... you can assume all you want but it still isnt proof .... i also dont see what the big deal is .. the pats man handled luck and the colts to shear embarrassment it didnt affect the outcome of the game .. time to move on

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the NFL just announced hiring a private investigating firm.

And they just announced the firm will have full access and expect full cooperation from other teams in the NFL.

Looks like the investigation just expanded beyond the Patriots.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typo on my part, and probably make it a lot, especially when I type fast and don't proof.:gaah:

It's not deflection, it's simply pointing out there may be more to this story, for example the officials didn't use a gauge pre-game, meaning they never really checked the balls and approved them for use.

If that were to turn out to be true then this is an NFL issue not a Pats issue.

Right, so you are hanging your hat on the idea the balls presented were all already under inflated and not checked properly by the ref. And that still isn't a Pats issue how? :noidea: You do realize the team presents the balls for inspection and are in FULL control over the inflation before that inspection right? :L

There is no chance this is just some idle coincidence. It wasn't some incompetence by the league. Now they might be guilty of not catching something when they should have, but they didn't cause it. Big difference.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what would be the hottest piece of jewelery a girl could wear to a nightclub? A small pressure gauge on a chain around her neck. This could start a new trend.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes with science ... nothing is going to be done to bb or tom terrific (brady).. so they should just drop it ... unless there is a picture of either of them deflating the balls they are in the clear due to lack of proof ... you can assume all you want but it still isnt proof .... i also dont see what the big deal is .. the pats man handled luck and the colts to shear embarrassment it didnt affect the outcome of the game .. time to move on

They cheated. Cheating isn't any different when you win by a lot. They've been doing this shit consistently for at least a decade and the NFL is scared to do anything about it because Kraft is so powerful.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, so you are hanging your hat on the idea the balls presented were all already under inflated and not checked properly by the ref. And that still isn't a Pats issue how? :noidea: You do realize the team presents the balls for inspection and are in FULL control over the inflation before that inspection right? :L

There is no chance this is just some idle coincidence. It wasn't some incompetence by the league. Now they might be guilty of not catching something when they should have, but they didn't cause it. Big difference.

And this isn't plausible why? A. Rogers admits to doing it all the time, because the refs don't always gauge the balls.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They cheated. Cheating isn't any different when you win by a lot. They've been doing this shit consistently for at least a decade and the NFL is scared to do anything about it because Kraft is so powerful.

I'm spitting in the beer I'm buying you.:suds::nod:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the science question again, nice try but even that teachers best estimate using math only comes up with about a pound of drop, not double that.

The game is played in all sorts of outdoor venues with temperatures FAR below what they were for this game in question. It wasn't even below freezing, more or less THAT cold. If this was something that occurs naturally then it would have come up many times in the past and would be well known in colder games. Are we saying the refs have never checked a ball that has been in play in a cold stadium? Because from things we have read that's just not true. They have tested pressure mid game many times.

Now as for proving it? Unless they find someone who squeals there is no chance they can prove it to a degree that warrants some major repercussion. It is the NFL so saying no penalty would be a bit premature. They like to dole out punishment for things that aren't proven all the time anymore.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this isn't plausible why? A. Rogers admits to doing it all the time, because the refs don't always gauge the balls.

Doing what all the time? Link? Are you saying Rodgers admitted to doctoring the balls because they aren't checked? Would like to read that.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This^. The infractions have been consistently found with one team-The New England Patriots dating back to the equipment dude on the snowblower clearing a yardline so the kicker can kick the winning FG against the Dolphins.:nod:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing what all the time? Link? Are you saying Rodgers admitted to doctoring the balls because they aren't checked? Would like to read that.

It's been talked about during these threads for days, where have you been.

A. Rogers likes his footballs inflated to a higher psi than 13.5 and leaves it up to the refs to catch it and correct it. If they don't, then so be it.

“‘I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it,'” Simms said Rodgers told them before the game.

Simms pointed out that Rodgers is the exception.

“Everybody wants it smaller and soft, so they can dig their fingers into,” Simms said. “[Rodgers is] such a feel thrower. You can tell. The one touchdown he threw down the field to the tight end is such feel; then he flicks it. That shows you he just has great control of it, with his fingers and hand.”