• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points Rey, however, I think Howie is very adept at maximizing trades. It all depends upon what the market is, and Howie can play his cards (i.e. creating competition for Bradford) correctly. you may be surprised what he can get for a bona fide starting QB. I think he can get it done, IMO. He can bluff that he will keep him as insurance for Wentz.

Unless he is an all pro I can't see anyone trading a first for him. With that said Bradford could come really cheap for a one year stop gap but who in their right mind gives up a first rounder for that. Of course a trade can be made with the condition of a long term deal being signed.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel went for a first. So did Brady Quinn. If someone thinks Bradford can play at a high level you could easily get a first. Especially if there's two teams that think so.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel went for a first. So did Brady Quinn. If someone thinks Bradford can play at a high level you could easily get a first. Especially if there's two teams that think so.

Amen. Exactly, Wiz. I think this thread has about run its course.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely different scenarios. Those trades happened on draft day and they were rookies. Bradford is almost 30 and has a history of being hurt.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if I see bradford getting a 1st even if he plays lights out. High 2nd perhaps...

Amen. Exactly, Wiz. I think this thread has about run its course.

I agree... this thread should be closed out.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... this thread should be closed out.

Why? Because some do not want to talk about it anymore? Anyone no longer interested in discussing it can just choose to ignore the thread. As long as we are not resorting to unnecessary personal attacks (I agree it did get close for while) there is no reason to close a thread because you are not interested. It's not like the board is full of activity right now.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Because some do not want to talk about it anymore? Anyone no longer interested in discussing it can just choose to ignore the thread. As long as we are not resorting to unnecessary personal attacks (I agree it did get close for while) there is no reason to close a thread because you are not interested. It's not like the board is full of activity right now.

The discussion of Bradford wanting out has run its course.

I agree the board isn't very active, we have what 15-20 active members and most are not posting. The amount of info coming out of mini camp isn't a whole lot either so there is very little to talk about.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The discussion of Bradford wanting out has run its course.

I agree the board isn't very active, we have what 15-20 active members and most are not posting. The amount of info coming out of mini camp isn't a whole lot either so there is very little to talk about.

I actually don't disagree that the bradford discussion may have run it's course. Nothing else is being really discussed. But....like you said...once camp starts things will definitely be different.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thread got back on track ... we're good. Only active thread during this dead season.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only first you are getting for this guy is a first in the Arena draft. Picked off three times in OTAs today, and it apparently should have been 4.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Chase Daniel beat him out?

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks iggloo.... nice to see some reports coming out... Anything on Wentz??

I still say, we could make the playoffs or even the NFCC game, Bradford could play all 16 games, and there is not a team that would give up a 1st for him. Age, history and better options of younger players just make for better options. I still see nothing better than a 3rd round pick, especially in the situation of the entire NFL knowing we just spent a 2nd overall on our QB of the future.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems Sam Bradford has a problem with pressure. He can't handle it. I still think he is a good QB but it seems he is having a problem with having to earn his job.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems Sam Bradford has a problem with pressure. He can't handle it. I still think he is a good QB but it seems he is having a problem with having to earn his job.

A QB that can't handle pressure, is simply not a good QB. The game isn't played outside of pressure. That just means he is a good camp practice body, and from the sounds of things right now, he isn't even that.

The thing that always got me, is I never saw leadership skills from him. He was not studying on the sidelines, talking to guys, motivating them, being ralleyed around. He just doesn't have the IT factor, imho.

I was completely open to Bradford and ready for something new - the same as with Chip. But Chip proved he made problems bigger and faster than he could solve them. He showed that while he had some innovations, there was poor applications of them (what good is being fast for the purpose of wearing a defense down, if your fast off the field and given the defense more time than normal TO rest?), and imho Bradford has proved himself to not be a leader and I don't see enough in him to warrant keeping. I'm ready to start the Wentz era as soon as they feel he is up to speed. I don't care how this season goes...as long as it is maximized to getting wentz ready and on the field. Would love to see him come in by week 10 or so. I'm done with Bradford.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is looking like a rookie according to the reporters watching OTAS, some good throws, some bad ones.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
• Carson Wentz has shown some slight improvement in the short amount of time I've seen him practice. Less wobbly throws. Some real nice passes. Wentz once again made the throw of the day when he hit UDFA wide receiver Xavier Rush deep down the field. Rookie cornerback C.J. Smith, who was teammates with Wentz at North Dakota State, had tight coverage on Rush but the throw was right on target. The rookie passer made two red zone throws that stood out as well. The first was on a wheel route to Cedric O'Neal. The UDFA running back couldn't haul it in, but the pass was great. Wentz also hit a tightly covered Chris Pantale, who had a solid practice, in the end zone on the last play of practice. Wentz took off running once and looked pretty fast.

It wasn't all good with Wentz. He was almost picked off a few times. He had a pass sail over a wide receiver's head and through the hands of C.J. Smith. Former CFL cornerback Aaron Grymes jumped the route on a short pass by Wentz and would have had the pick if it had not gone through his hands and bounced off his chest. Wentz threw a pass to no one in the end zone at one point. Looks like there's still some communication issues to be sorted out.

Another issue with Wentz is that he had two of his passes batted down near the line of scrimmage. First it was Marcus Smith and then it was Bryan Braman.

Overall, an up and down day for Wentz.

Eagles Practice Notes: Sam Bradford had a bad day filled with interceptions

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase will be the crowd favorite any day now.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Offense which everyone is in the process of learning ... people are nowhere near on the same page yet. Totally expected that there will be some hiccups this early.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only first you are getting for this guy is a first in the Arena draft. Picked off three times in OTAs today, and it apparently should have been 4.

this is as meaningful as the turd in the toilet bowl.
Were the int's due to the receiver running the wrong route? An option route that requires the rec and qb to both identify the same defense? To new terminology? to the defender jumping the coverage? So many variables