• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amari Cooper being traded to Dallas

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't bet against it. In Dallas, the defenses he faces are still gonna be geared up with 8 men in the box to stop Zeke. They also have Beasley, who is open every time he isn't double teamed. All he will have to do is defeat man coverage. That's it. Their problem is, none of their other receivers can. This team won 13 games a couple of years ago with Dak at QB and a defense that wasn't anywhere near what it is now. Were Dez and an old Jason Witten that good? He might make a huge difference. Plus, they were going to have to go WR in the 1st round next season...right now, there aren't any WR's projected to go in the top 20 in most mocks. High price, but if he returns to his form of a couple of years ago, it will be worth it

Having Amari Cooper to stretch the field should help Dak quite bit. In the games I have seen him in this year he tends to be hesitant to make throws into tight windows. Cooper will give him more to work with. This should open Beasely up even more.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Amari Cooper to stretch the field should help Dak quite bit. In the games I have seen him in this year he tends to be hesitant to make throws into tight windows. Cooper will give him more to work with. This should open Beasely up even more.
Exactly. If Cooper can get over the top a time or two, it will completely change defending this team. You can't drop a safety in the box for Zeke, have a safety over an under LB on Beasley AND keep one over the top of Cooper

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck does a better place to live (some would argue Texas is shit) mean anything and a FAR SUPERIOR OFFENSE?! LMAO. With noodle arm Prescott the Cowboys offense will always be peewee caliber.

And stop calling the Cowboys Americas team. The Cowboys suck ass, and America does not. Unless you're referring to South America.... where Dak belongs. Not playing for any major sport.

Yep, you’re jelly

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck does a better place to live (some would argue Texas is shit) mean anything and a FAR SUPERIOR OFFENSE?! LMAO. With noodle arm Prescott the Cowboys offense will always be peewee caliber.

And stop calling the Cowboys Americas team. The Cowboys suck ass, and America does not. Unless you're referring to South America.... where Dak belongs. Not playing for any major sport.
Maybe the Seahawks can be America's Team....you know, if they ever win more rings than Trent Dilfer has

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Seahawks can be America's Team....you know, if they ever win more rings than Trent Dilfer has

lol, okay bro. Love how Cowboys fans aren't eating crow now after I got shit for calling Prescott a bust from your 'fanbase'.

Seahawks Americas team? Uh, no. I and every other Seattle fan don't want that. Only a major douche collective group of people (Texas) would want to label their team "Americas Team."

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, okay bro. Love how Cowboys fans aren't eating crow now after I got shit for calling Prescott a bust from your 'fanbase'.

Seahawks Americas team? Uh, no. I and every other Seattle fan don't want that. Only a major douche collective group of people (Texas) would want to label their team "Americas Team."
What team gets the highest TV rating every year? Which Franchise is the most valuable? Which one is talked about daily on every national sports talk show in the country? Seems like more than Texans see them as America's Team. Jealous much? Don't blame you, when the Cowboys defeated the Orange Crush Broncos in the late 70's, they could have shut the franchise down and they'd still have more Championships than Seattle

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team gets the highest TV rating every year? Which Franchise is the most valuable? Which one is talked about daily on every national sports talk show in the country? Seems like more than Texans see them as America's Team. Jealous much? Don't blame you, when the Cowboys defeated the Orange Crush Broncos in the late 70's, they could have shut the franchise down and they'd still have more Championships than Seattle

Gillian-Jacobs-Fuck-You.gif

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing of note. Aside from the final go ahead and make the trade, this isn't Jerry's idea, it was Stephen and Will McClay, who worked this out.
I didn't hear that. Where did you read it? McClay is a draft guy so I'm surprised to hear that he thought giving up a #1 was the way to go.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem I see here is Amari Cooper learning the playbook. Then he has to get on the same page with Dak. The QB/Receiver relationsion requires a lot of reps with each other to learn each other tendencies as well as what to do in certain situations. This is why some of the best QB's will put in some off season work with their receivers. So with only 9 games left it is a tall order to expect them to get on the same page.
Not true with Dallas. Most fans, announcers, opposing teams and even Dez on his couch seem to know exactly what we are doing every single play. He probably knows our play book already...:rolleyes2:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper has talent though. The recent drops, I think, are in his head. I remember when Jerry Rice first came to the 49ers he couldn't catch anything and he turned out OK.

Yes, but Rice was a rookie and halfway through his rookie season Rice caught fire and that was it. This has been going on with Cooper the past two seasons.
You shut your whore mouth Patterson...I read his comment and I said to myself. "Self, we're getting us the next Jerry Rice." Then you went and crushed my dreams...:D

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think that's bad then you shouldn't watch the tapes of what I've been doing to yours.
Thanks for sending, those were great. Was it a llama or an alpaca in the background??? i always mix those two up:scratch:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis Landry has nearly 200 more receptions part way thru his fifth year than Rice had thru his first five seasons.

He cost Cleveland a 4th and 7th.

This was not a good trade for Dallas.
And Landry also cost Cle $76M and Cooper is of course a better player. That doesn't justify a 1st rounder by any means, but don't compare him to Landry

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Amari Cooper trade seems risky, but here’s why you should trust the front office

McClay was also the voice who said Dez talent is no longer worth his contract.
There is nothing in that article that states who was behind this particular deal. And if it leaves out Garrett when discussing Cowboy moves of the last few years he hasn't spoken to anyone around the Cowboys at all.

McClay was part of the Dez decision, not the initiator. They asked him what he thought.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heavily skewed by his rookie season when he averaged almost 15ypc.

It's dropped since his rookie year.

yep, he hit a few big plays his first couple of years but he's basically just a possession receiver