• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS: Mariners vs Stros

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be a tough one for Seattle. Don't be surprised if the stros sweep

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, they should lose the series, but I would be a little surprised if they didn't take one. They will be fighting like hell to give our fans that second home game.

They would have to face verlander twice in a full 5 game series and I can't see them winning either the way he's pitching. Not much chance they sweep the other 3.

This will be more about fighting to reward the long suffering fan base with a second home game.

M's will have at least 3 guys in each game hitting under .210 with one well below the mendoza line. They just don't have the bats to play toe to toe with the top clubs. There isn't anyone in the city that doesn't know where this team is at in its building phase. They still have work to do.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cheatros could win it all. They have all aspects covered like every year. Should be a quick series but I hope Seattle plays them tough and possibly beats them.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros have the experience, but M’s have some good starting pitching with Logan and Castillo especially, Robbie Ray has been a let down though, not even sure If Servais should start him in this series honesty, he keeps putting us in holes we gotta climb out of …

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the winner of this series goes the WS and its most likely the Astros. Regardless love the Ms get this chance.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stros in 5

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the winner of this series goes the WS and its most likely the Astros. Regardless love the Ms get this chance.
Astros will and should be favored, but the M’s are ballin right now… My biggest concern is Robbie Ray, we shouldn’t start him right now, he’s been batting practice lately … Logan and Castillo give us a good shot, it’s a dam shame Robbie has fallen off so much … Maybe he can step up but it didn’t look good in game 2 vs Toronto

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros will and should be favored, but the M’s are ballin right now… My biggest concern is Robbie Ray, we shouldn’t start him right now, he’s been batting practice lately … Logan and Castillo give us a good shot, it’s a dam shame Robbie has fallen off so much … Maybe he can step up but it didn’t look good in game 2 vs Toronto
Yea Robbie has been extra bad vs the Astros. I am not sure what the decision will be regarding that but it will be interesting

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting Ray vs Toronto, a team that is almost exclusively right handed at the plate and hits lefties well, was pretty stupid.

We will see what Servais does against the stros. To be fair, the M's don't have 4 guys that pitched well all year to them.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to hope guys like Haniger, France, and Julio play like the hitters they are. If we get some of that and Frazier, Cal, and Suarez stay hot we have a chance. Those first 3 didn't really have the impact they should have in the Wild Card series.

On the other side, you have to pitch around Altuve and Alvarez. If someone else beats you, fine, but those 2 can beat you single handedly.

I think the game plan against Verlander needs to be going the other way, especially if they're shifting. Julio, Suarez, and France can do that well, and it may be a way to extend innings and raise his pitch count early.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's pen has been really good too.

They just need to hit the Houston starters- which obviously is easier said then done. I think Gilbert will pitch well.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, they should lose the series, but I would be a little surprised if they didn't take one. They will be fighting like hell to give our fans that second home game.

They would have to face verlander twice in a full 5 game series and I can't see them winning either the way he's pitching. Not much chance they sweep the other 3.

This will be more about fighting to reward the long suffering fan base with a second home game.

M's will have at least 3 guys in each game hitting under .210 with one well below the mendoza line. They just don't have the bats to play toe to toe with the top clubs. There isn't anyone in the city that doesn't know where this team is at in its building phase. They still have work to do.
Anything can happen. Padres smoked Scherzer Friday.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert pitched well down the stretch

as I said in one of my posts regarding Yanks/Guardians---- the layoff can either positively or negatively effect a team. Sometimes it takes a few at bats to get going. Houston is a veteran team that has obviously been there before- but with Correa gone- and Alvarez battling some injuries their lineup is not as scary as it was.

having said that- they are my pick to win the American League----- but their lineup is not as good as the Yankees, Dodgers, Braves, etc.....

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Below is my recent post in Mariners AL thread same subject:

Possible game 5 ( all hands on deck game ) and possible game(s) 1-4 in a spot relief role.

But I absolutely DO NOT march him out to the bump in a starter role in games 1-4.

His last 7 games stats ( NOT including getting shelled in TOR )
Record 2 Wins and 4 losses
In just his last 3 starts ( once again NOT counting TOR failure ) he has walked 3 guys in 5 innings work 2 games and walked 2 guys in the 3rd game

I do not trust his stuff enough to gamble on a crucial post season start at this time vs HOU in a 5 game set ( could be less if either team gets hot )

He is not the same pitcher he was back mid summer and even then he was not all that dominant.

We signed Cano' to a monster contract to come to Seattle and he did not live up to expectations in any of his seasons with us.
All his numbers across the board were a big drop from NYY numbers.

He is a good pitcher and likely will be serviceable in a few games moving forward 'if' we advance past HOU. But no way should he be given the rock with a roster full of other pitchers that can throw strikes and their confidence is much higher than what Robbie Rays is at this point.

If he has anything more than a relief role during ALDS I would be very surprised.

Outside chance he is game #5 starter due to attrition of arms and he is on a VERY short leash that game