• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith arrested at LAX?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If alcohol wasn't involved than I file this one in the knucklehead category and it's only alarming because of his past history.

I would be majorly concerned if guns, drugs, alcohol, or physical violence were involved.

This seems like a case where he was guilty of being a jerk and a moron.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Report: Aldon Smith was red-flagged for trouble before drafted | ProFootballTalk

I never heard of concerns about his character before the draft or even after we drafted him. The work ethic is actually pretty easy to see though. Aldon looks like he takes plays off and doesnt give it his all. Also looks like he gets winded out there. These things are never really brought up though because the guy really produces and is a hell of a talent.

It kind of makes you wonder just how much better he could be if he dedicated himself to the game and was in top shape form. Damn near best ever?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think the 49ers will Do? Cut him, trade him,suspend him or just talk to him.

Also Harbaugh can't do anything when the players are in the offseason. His job is to help try and keep players out of trouble during the season but off season he has no control. Other players need to step up and try and help him get his crap together. Leaders of this team needs to have a sit down with him.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No charges were filed but he had to post bail. What is the real story here? I'm tired of this bullshit reporting by the media . I know they love the attention but has Aldon been charged or not....simple question.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how the law works. I know of someone who got caught for drug possession. They let him go at the time and charged him a month later. Perhaps LAPD and TSA are getting all their facts straight before charging Smith.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confusing. How can they say no charges will be filed when he got booked and had to post bail? If no charges are filed...he walks away. I'm more concerned about the fact he might have been drinking at this moment. I get that the TSA has to be serious about stupid comments about bomb and other threats but if you have ever been to LAX those guys are on a power trip. This could have been resolved with them and no outside help needed. With that being said,,,,,Aldon has issues. He may be too far gone to bother with. The 2015 option of his rookie contract will most likely not happen.

I dunno, I like LAX. They let me walk through security with weed and don't even bat an eye. I don't even have it in smellyproof bags, just have it chillin in the hoodie. Granted I don't do it with flights out of state.

Then again, I've found hard drugs at John Wayne airport that someone left AT security. I thought I was being pranked! I started looking for cameras, then thought they were gonna assume it was mine.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, I like LAX. They let me walk through security with weed and don't even bat an eye. I don't even have it in smellyproof bags, just have it chillin in the hoodie. Granted I don't do it with flights out of state.

Then again, I've found hard drugs at John Wayne airport that someone left AT security. I thought I was being pranked! I started looking for cameras, then thought they were gonna assume it was mine.

They meant to plant it on someone but got careless. ;)

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure how the law works. I know of someone who got caught for drug possession. They let him go at the time and charged him a month later. Perhaps LAPD and TSA are getting all their facts straight before charging Smith.

They could charge a felony violation of the law any time in the next three years.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's such a talent… If the kid could just keep his nose clean and play football…

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he is talking about when Brooks hit Divens in the head with a beer bottle last off season.

Well dude shouldn't have been talking shit, Brooks had to handle him

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2m NFL source: Chris Culliver was with Aldon Smith in the Southwest terminal on Sunday, same flight, but was not involved in any of the trouble

2m Culliver is not presumed to have been spending time with Smith in LA. He just happened to be there & was flying back on same flight.

LOL, Kawakami is the National Enquirer of local sports talk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Speaking of Kawakami's tabloid coverage:

@timkawakami 41m
Spoke to a 49ers source who emphasized that Aldon Smith has gotten himself into this and everything points to his April 29 hearing.

@timkawakami 39m
49ers owe Smith a guaranteed $3M+ for 2014, so it's unlikely they would release him soon. But almost certainly won't pick up his 2015 option

@timkawakami 38m
Smith's 2015 option would not be guaranteed outright, but it would be guaranteed for injury and the 49ers are not interested in that risk.

@timkawakami 37m
The source differentiated between Smith's DUI arrest--when they 2 days before a game to decide--and now, in the early off-season.

@timkawakami 35m
49ers will let the legal process play out for Smith and there are not many expectations for him other than that, the source said.

@timkawakami 29m
My own view, after talking to several sources: Aldon Smith hasn't only lost the benefit of the doubt, he probably won't play for them in '14

@timkawakami 28m
That doesn't mean the 49ers will release him--remember, he almost certainly will face NFL punishment, and it probably won't be lenient.

@timkawakami 27m
49ers management is embarrassed, and it should be. Will there be a statement on all the legal issues? Nothing until at least after April 29.

@timkawakami 24m
There is a weariness and frustration over Smith's behavior that I've never heard involving any recent 49ers player. Until this week.

@timkawakami 23m
And this is coming from people with the team who defended Smith full-tilt after his DUI arrest. Very, very different tone now.

@timkawakami 19m
Could 49ers management change the tone again and re-embrace Smith at some point? Possibly. But they are far, far down the road with him.
Read more at The Official Aldon Smith Thread *OUT ON BAIL, FRESH OUT Of JAIL....AGAIN - Page 406 - ************.com Forum

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawakami has columns in the past about Raiders and Warrior that are tabloid worthy. I dont take Kawakami or Ray Ratto seriously

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This article struck me as kind of dumb:

Purdy: 49ers should channel Bill Walsh, drop Aldon Smith - San Jose Mercury News

Purdy makes two comparisons to the Aldon Smith situation. The first is comparing Aldon to a draft prospect. He says the team would automatically eliminate Aldon from consideration due to his off-field problems. I call BS. Sure, they'd drop him down a couple rounds, but does anyone seriously believe that no team would draft Aldon - even in the 6th or 7th round - due to his off-field conduct? Does anyone seriously believe he wouldn't be picked up in short order if he became a FA?

The second comparison may be worse still. He compares how the Niners should handle Aldon with how Bill Walsh handled Lawrence Phillips. Are you freaking kidding me? Ok, let's compare arguably the most important player on the team, who is due $3 million guaranteed next year, to a guy who was picked up off the street, given an insignificant contract, was the second RB behind a pretty decent Charlie Garner, and averaged fewer than three YPC in four of the six games he played (in fact, 47% of his yards and 50% of his TDs came on a single carry). Cause I'm sure there's no difference in how Bill Walsh or any other coach would treat those two guys.

I wouldn't be totally and utterly shocked if the Niners decided to cut Aldon, but it would be a surprise at this point unless the Niners get wind of a long suspension and want the cap savings to put toward other players.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah let's just cut possibly the best pass rusher in the NFL right now. That move would make a ton of sense. Every other team in the league would be chomping at the bit to snatch him away from us despite all the legal problems. Aldon is a valuable asset to the 49ers until the league says he's not. Long as he can play and rack up sacks he is worth the headache. If he doesn't clean his act up soon though he won't be seeing much of the field.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we cut him bet seattle picks him up. We can't cut him yet.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So selfish fans, how many court cases is the 'line'? When do you say enough is enough?