• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith arrested at LAX?

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm just asking this. How many times does he have 2 get in legal trouble? Before we're cool with the organization getting rid of him?

I would give him one more chance and thats it. I think it would be dumb to trade/cut him. He is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give him one more chance and thats it. I think it would be dumb to trade/cut him. He is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL.

I would keep him until he does something stupid enough no one else would want him and we were fed up with him. Or until we can trade him to the AFC for a substantial compensation (if never enough, keep him). Or until he won't sign our reasonable offer with appropriate protections. I wouldn't tell him this, of course.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personal life and legal issues

On January 28, 2012, Aldon Smith was arrested for DUI in Miami Beach, Florida.

On June 30, 2012, Smith was believed to have suffered stab wounds when attempting to break up a fight at a party at his residence in San Jose, Calif.

On September 20, 2013, Smith was involved in a single vehicle accident in San Jose, Calif. He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of DUI and possession of marijuana. After the week 3 loss to the Indianapolis Colts, he voluntarily entered a rehab facility, to be put onto the non-football injury list with an indefinite leave of absence.

On October 9, 2013, Smith was charged with "three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon" relating to the 2012 stabbing incident.

On April 13, 2014, Smith was detained and arrested following an incident in LAX airport in which Smith was alleged to mention a bomb to TSA officers.

Really only the 2 DUI's is a cause for concern and since his rehab he has not had one. Long as it stays like that I don't think the league will punish him to hard if it all. He already missed games last season from the team effectively suspending him without really saying they suspended him. The NFL will take that into consideration on any future punishments.

The stabbing and the TSA deal are just nothing more than a story. Unless more information comes out that contradicts witness testimony to both issues it doesn't appear Aldon did anything seriously wrong in either. The gun charge is big but likely will only draw a fine and possible his rights to have a gun permit in the state. The bomb thing with the TSA likely won't even draw a charge.

So at the end of the day what exactly would the league and the 49ers be suspending him for? The missed games last year were basically for the DUI and some what the gun charge. If he draws nothing more than a fine for the gun charge and the league gives him anything over 2 games he should absolutely appeal. Anything more than 2 games to me would be a personal attack by the NFL because they want to make an example out of Aldon, but without any serious crimes against him it would be hard to stick.

As of right now it's not like he has broken league performance enhancing rules or seriously tried to injury or kill someone on or off the field.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep him until he does something stupid enough no one else would want him and we were fed up with him. Or until we can trade him to the AFC for a substantial compensation (if never enough, keep him). Or until he won't sign our reasonable offer with appropriate protections. I wouldn't tell him this, of course.

Agreed. Just giving up on a guy with 42 sacks in 43 games is beyond stupid. You keep him until the league essentially says he can't play anymore or his contract is up and he wants to much be worth the headache. The only way I would even think of getting rid of him right now is if a team would be willing to offer me 1st or high 2nd round draft pick or offer me a package deal of picks for this year and next year. Anything less though would be just giving him away. You don't just give away easily one of the top 3 pass rushers in the NFL. At least not if you want to win.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if Aldon is legally retarded. But with that said, I don't think this latest issue is that bad. Stupid, sure. But not worthy of kicking him off the team or doing anything that would affect his future with this team.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you ask me to guess how it went down i would say that aldon got mad when he had to do the random body check and said something like " WHY YOU GOTTA CHECK ME YOU THINK I HAVE A BOMB OR SOMETHING? HEY EVERYBODY I GOT A BOMB WATCH OUT" or something sarcastic to that I didnt think he purposely told everybody he had a bomb for no reason

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really only the 2 DUI's is a cause for concern and since his rehab he has not had one. Long as it stays like that I don't think the league will punish him to hard if it all. He already missed games last season from the team effectively suspending him without really saying they suspended him. The NFL will take that into consideration on any future punishments.

The stabbing and the TSA deal are just nothing more than a story. Unless more information comes out that contradicts witness testimony to both issues it doesn't appear Aldon did anything seriously wrong in either. The gun charge is big but likely will only draw a fine and possible his rights to have a gun permit in the state. The bomb thing with the TSA likely won't even draw a charge.

So at the end of the day what exactly would the league and the 49ers be suspending him for? The missed games last year were basically for the DUI and some what the gun charge. If he draws nothing more than a fine for the gun charge and the league gives him anything over 2 games he should absolutely appeal. Anything more than 2 games to me would be a personal attack by the NFL because they want to make an example out of Aldon, but without any serious crimes against him it would be hard to stick.

As of right now it's not like he has broken league performance enhancing rules or seriously tried to injury or kill someone on or off the field.

If you break down each specific incident like you have, it doesn't sound too bad... But lets be realistic and look at the pattern of ignorance and stupidity displayed by Aldon Smith here... If he just missed five games due to a stint in rehab for drinking just a few short months ago, and now appears drunk at an airport followed with an arrest and the word "bomb" in a F'ing airport that ended up making national news, it's pretty safe to say the dude is not smart enough to figure things out on his own... To further that, his upcoming contract situation and the fact that not only is he not smart enough to recognize right from wrong, but he also can't recognize that he is his own biggest obsticle when adding a substanial amount of zeroes to that potential contract...

:frusty:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you break down each specific incident like you have, it doesn't sound too bad... But lets be realistic and look at the pattern of ignorance and stupidity displayed by Aldon Smith here... If he just missed five games due to a stint in rehab for drinking just a few short months ago, and now appears drunk at an airport followed with an arrest and the word "bomb" in a F'ing airport that ended up making national news, it's pretty safe to say the dude is not smart enough to figure things out on his own... To further that, his upcoming contract situation and the fact that not only is he not smart enough to recognize right from wrong, but he also can't recognize that he is his own biggest obsticle when adding a substanial amount of zeroes to that potential contract...

:frusty:

The number of hurries and sacks he puts up next season will determine the 0's on the end of the contract. His ability to keep a low profile and not get caught with another DUI will determine if he gets a contract. I have no doubts if we let him go though some team will gladly snatch him up and probably even pay him quite well for it.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The number of hurries and sacks he puts up next season will determine the 0's on the end of the contract. His ability to keep a low profile and not get caught with another DUI will determine if he gets a contract. I have no doubts if we let him go though some team will gladly snatch him up and probably even pay him quite well for it.

Kenny Brit, Adam Jones, Cedric Benson, Aaron Hernandez, Plaxico Buress... All guys who have pissed away plenty of potential NFL money, and those are just the one's off the top of my head...

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Aldon is a game changer. You keep him as long as his play on the field keeps up.

In his next contract you write it up such that if he continues to f-up off the field you don't owe him anything for conduct detrimental to the team.

I think you also have to find someone to help this kid out.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Brit, Adam Jones, Cedric Benson, Aaron Hernandez, Plaxico Buress... All guys who have pissed away plenty of potential NFL money, and those are just the one's off the top of my head...
None of those guys are even close (maybe Burress is in the ballpark) to Aldons talent level. Also Aldon is an elite passrusher which puts his value through the roof. QBs and passrushers are the two most valuable positions. Mostly because they are the two positions that are the hardest to fill with an elite talent. Maybe it brings down his price tag but i think it will be minimal. If the Niners dont want to pay him the kind of money he wants with the kind of contract he wants i'm sure there are plenty of teams that would.

The Burress situation was also different because he did real prison time and the concern since he was on the wrong side of 30 was that with the time in prison and his age he had lost a step or 2. As of now there is zero concern of that with Aldon.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be hard to see him get cut. Lets hope they keep him. Come on Aldon get your shit together.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He kind of reminds of Charles Haley when he was with SF and then we traded him to Dallas and got his crap somewhat together.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
None of those guys are even close (maybe Burress is in the ballpark) to Aldons talent level. Also Aldon is an elite passrusher which puts his value through the roof. QBs and passrushers are the two most valuable positions. Mostly because they are the two positions that are the hardest to fill with an elite talent. Maybe it brings down his price tag but i think it will be minimal. If the Niners dont want to pay him the kind of money he wants with the kind of contract he wants i'm sure there are plenty of teams that would.

The Burress situation was also different because he did real prison time and the concern since he was on the wrong side of 30 was that with the time in prison and his age he had lost a step or 2. As of now there is zero concern of that with Aldon.

I'm not questioning Aldon's talent level. I was simply comparing the repetitive nature of the others to Aldon. It cost all of them both on the field as well as off the field. They all left a ton of money on the table because they couldn't control themselves off the field. If you break it down, Aldon is having some sort of criminal act once every 7 months on average. He also was looking at a civil suit party goers had brought against him when they were injured at his party after shots were fired (not sure what is going on with the case, I haven't heard much about it since it was first reported months ago).

What all the players I mentioned have in common, is that eventually their stupidity caught up with all of them (one way or the other). Whether the 49ers or some other team decides to give Aldon a big contract you can bet it will be contingent on him keeping his shit together, something he has been unable to do up to this point. I hope he can come to his senses and stay out of trouble. But I won't be holding my breath on this one...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He kind of reminds of Charles Haley when he was with SF and then we traded him to Dallas and got his crap somewhat together.

I don't think Haley's issues were with the law. More his attitude in the locker room.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Haley's issues were with the law. More his attitude in the locker room.

yes but my point is another talented pass rusher that the 49ers might have to trade away because of issues.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Charles Haley take a dump in the office of some owner or Gm? If I recall right he did but I don't remember who he played for at the time. I heard he was a bad bad man.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After checking I think it was an assistant coaches office.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I believe he used to masturbate in team meetings while talking about other players' wives. Apparently he had a very prodigious member.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Charles Haley take a dump in the office of some owner or Gm? If I recall right he did but I don't remember who he played for at the time. I heard he was a bad bad man.

There was a story about him pissing on Tim Harris' car. Haley was POd when the 49ers signed him and I dont think he could accept ir while on tbe team.