• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith arrested at LAX?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, then there is the famous story of him chasing Steve Young around the locker room.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confusing. How can they say no charges will be filed when he got booked and had to post bail? If no charges are filed...he walks away. I'm more concerned about the fact he might have been drinking at this moment. I get that the TSA has to be serious about stupid comments about bomb and other threats but if you have ever been to LAX those guys are on a power trip. This could have been resolved with them and no outside help needed. With that being said,,,,,Aldon has issues. He may be too far gone to bother with. The 2015 option of his rookie contract will most likely not happen.
I'm not sure how the action of cutting Aldon came into play so I just replied to my own post. No way do the 9ers cut or try to trade him. My comment was just about the 5th year option per the CBA. We have until May 5th I believe to decide. I think the 9ers will not trigger this option and possibly franchise him as a RFA in 2105. Maybe at that time he has his gun charge issue settled as well as whatever other shit he steps into.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not questioning Aldon's talent level. I was simply comparing the repetitive nature of the others to Aldon. It cost all of them both on the field as well as off the field. They all left a ton of money on the table because they couldn't control themselves off the field. If you break it down, Aldon is having some sort of criminal act once every 7 months on average. He also was looking at a civil suit party goers had brought against him when they were injured at his party after shots were fired (not sure what is going on with the case, I haven't heard much about it since it was first reported months ago).

What all the players I mentioned have in common, is that eventually their stupidity caught up with all of them (one way or the other). Whether the 49ers or some other team decides to give Aldon a big contract you can bet it will be contingent on him keeping his shit together, something he has been unable to do up to this point. I hope he can come to his senses and stay out of trouble. But I won't be holding my breath on this one...
I get your point. I agree with you this pattern is disturbing, but for me this BOMB TSA straw didnt break the camels back. To me the whole event is overblown a bit. Ya got Kawakami and what seems like a bunch of people talking that this event is a real big deal, I just dont see it that way.
I do think that Aldons contract is going to have safe guards but even if he does get suspended, he is going to get paid. I just hope that it will be with the 49ers.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Didn't Charles Haley take a dump in the office of some owner or Gm? If I recall right he did but I don't remember who he played for at the time. I heard he was a bad bad man.

He did all kinds of crazy off the wall things. The dude was just plain nuts.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I get your point. I agree with you this pattern is disturbing, but for me this BOMB TSA straw didnt break the camels back. To me the whole event is overblown a bit. Ya got Kawakami and what seems like a bunch of people talking that this event is a real big deal, I just dont see it that way.
I do think that Aldons contract is going to have safe guards but even if he does get suspended, he is going to get paid. I just hope that it will be with the 49ers.

The primary concern for me with the TSA thing is the continued poor judgment - possibly with alcohol playing a role. Aldon has to use his head. He's already on thin ice, and anyone with a pulse knows the Niners were already dealing with several ugly off-field issues. Even if this was some silly misunderstanding, he's got to realize that he can't engage in this way. I'm not necessarily ready to give up on him, but if I were the Niners, I would try to get him in a 90-day residential alcohol treatment program yesterday. They probably should have done so immediately after the season ended.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The primary concern for me with the TSA thing is the continued poor judgment - possibly with alcohol playing a role. Aldon has to use his head. He's already on thin ice, and anyone with a pulse knows the Niners were already dealing with several ugly off-field issues. Even if this was some silly misunderstanding, he's got to realize that he can't engage in this way. I'm not necessarily ready to give up on him, but if I were the Niners, I would try to get him in a 90-day residential alcohol treatment program yesterday. They probably should have done so immediately after the season ended.

Really the only thing that concerned me about the report was that there was talk about him drinking earlier that day.
The 90 day treatment would be wise not just for the for Aldon's personal well being but for the 49ers as well. Last season when he was in rehab and missed a few games, that looked good for him in the eyes of the league. If he does put himself in rehab that could take some of the bite out of the League coming down on him. That is of course if he had been drinking which there is no proof that he was.

I know Schefter is usually spot on about this type of thing but if Aldon's future is with The 49ers then there is really no reason to not pick up his option. If they really want get through to Aldon that his behavior is not acceptable and has to change I am sure that there are other ways to get through to him.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that recent Geico commercial, The Oldest Trick in the Book. Aldon is so stupid, he would be perfect stooge for it with Russell Wilson as the old man and Aldon the kid. It would go like this:

Russell Wilson: "Trick number 1: Huttest.......Huttest Huttest"
Aldon jumps offsides and Wilson snaps ball and throws winning TD in NFC Title Game with Aldon just standing there thinking play is dead.
Russell Wilson: “Ha ha! Madest thou jump offsides. So endeth the trick".
Aldon Smith: confused he fell for the oldest NFL Trick in the book says "................hey"

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that recent Geico commercial, The Oldest Trick in the Book. Aldon is so stupid, he would be perfect stooge for it with Russell Wilson as the old man and Aldon the kid. It would go like this:

Russell Wilson: "Trick number 1: Huttest.......Huttest Huttest"
Aldon jumps offsides and Wilson snaps ball and throws winning TD in NFC Title Game with Aldon just standing there thinking play is dead.
Russell Wilson: “Ha ha! Madest thou jump offsides. So endeth the trick".
Aldon Smith: confused he fell for the oldest NFL Trick in the book says "................hey"

People still watch commercials?

It's called a DVR bro. Welcome to 2006.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]459403226094505984[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Some good news for the team, at least. But Aldon needs to get his head on straight immediately. Guy is going to throw away his career if he keeps this up.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not all that surprising that it's just a misdemeanor since the incident itself isn't all that big of a deal.

It's only a big deal because of Aldon's history of poor decision making and the fact alcohol might've been involved.

The guy does need to figure it out and the 9ers need to decide if he needs help or he just needs to grow up.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy does need to figure it out and the 9ers need to decide if he needs help or he just needs to grow up.

I think this is what it all boils down to. Some people take a lot longer to mature. Of course we wouldn't expect this kind of behavior from arguably the league's best pass rusher.

Fortunately, it's a misdemeanor. Hopefully just a fine and a sincere apology.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all that surprising that it's just a misdemeanor since the incident itself isn't all that big of a deal.

It's only a big deal because of Aldon's history of poor decision making and the fact alcohol might've been involved.

I agree. I'm more concerned about the gun charges at the moment (felony charges) . As a fan I'm just sick of this kid's lack of judgement and the "no comment" shit from the FO.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good news for the team, at least. But Aldon needs to get his head on straight immediately. Guy is going to throw away his career if he keeps this up.

He is so talented and one of best in a very long time. He needs to turn his life around quickly. I don't know whether he said "I have a bomb" or "I am a bomb". He is an explosive player!!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He is so talented and one of best in a very long time. He needs to turn his life around quickly. I don't know whether he said "I have a bomb" or "I am a bomb". He is an explosive player!!

Actually, I heard a woman no the radio the day after the incident who claimed to have been there, and she said she thought he said, "I am the bomb."

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Last edited by a moderator: