• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith arrested at LAX?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Baalke said decision to pick up Aldon Smith's fifth-year option is "still being discussed." 49ers

Thank God. If Baalke doesn't pick up the option for 2015, that would be an even bigger mistake than drafting AJ Jenkins.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
"You just don't open the door and toss people out of it............when they are a 7th round draft pick that I made and one of the most talented pass rushers in the league."

"Roster bubble guys aren't family so screw those guys and we don't toss them out we KICK them out."

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's what I think:

Baalke is putting it out there that he's considering not picking up Aldon's 2015 option in order to lower his perceived value, so that he has more leverage for contract negotiations. And most of you are falling for it hook, line and sinker. Baalke has absolutely no intention of letting Aldon walk. He's going to pick up the option, and he's going to use the franchise tag on him in 2016 if a long-term agreement can't be reached.

That's my theory.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If they don't pick up the option Aldon Smith will walk next year and some team with tons of cap room will make him the highest paid 3-4 OLB in the league, and we won't be able to compete.

This misdemeanor charge now should be a non-issue, Baalke should just wait right up until the May 3rd deadline to let things quiet down as much as possible then try to quietly extend him. I bet we'll still see ESPN headlines about 49ers extending Smith despite all the legal problems.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this guy isn't going anywhere........
834414920.gif

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If they don't pick up the option Aldon Smith will walk next year and some team with tons of cap room will make him the highest paid 3-4 OLB in the league, and we won't be able to compete.

This misdemeanor charge now should be a non-issue, Baalke should just wait right up until the May 3rd deadline to let things quiet down as much as possible then try to quietly extend him. I bet we'll still see ESPN headlines about 49ers extending Smith despite all the legal problems.

Not if he gets suspended as a result.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As great of a play as that was (the above gif), watching video from that game is like getting kicked in the nuts.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As great of a play as that was (the above gif), watching video from that game is like getting kicked in the nuts.
My seats are on the 25 yard line row 22. When that play happened, I 1st thought WTF? Then it was...Oh no...

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I think:

Baalke is putting it out there that he's considering not picking up Aldon's 2015 option in order to lower his perceived value, so that he has more leverage for contract negotiations. And most of you are falling for it hook, line and sinker. Baalke has absolutely no intention of letting Aldon walk. He's going to pick up the option, and he's going to use the franchise tag on him in 2016 if a long-term agreement can't be reached.

That's my theory.

So Baalke is trying to pull one over on the Sports SportsHoopla 49er community?

Sick, no agent worth a crap is going to care what us retards on the Internet think. Baalke has more important things to do than send up little bullshit smokescreens. If he is wasting time concocting pointless smoke screens then we need to get a real football guy in there to run the organization. We need the GM focusing on the draft and free agency, not creating fodder for our drivel so somehow Aldon's worth can magically be lowered.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So Baalke is trying to pull one over on the Sports SportsHoopla 49er community?

He's trying to pull one over on the rest of the NFL. When a player is rumoured to be on the trading block or if a team seems annoyed with a player, it usually lowers his value.

Negotiations are all mind games. He's putting out bad vibes on Aldon to get a better deal. There's no way he's considering letting Aldon walk. That's a smoke screen. And the people who say he should be cut for this incident have absolutely no perspective / clue when it comes to personnel decisions.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I think:

That's my theory.

Definitely. No way Aldon is walking or being cut as long as he can still play on Sundays (ie: not suspended / incarcerated for a different crime). If the team decides to part ways with him, there is no question they will trade him instead of letting him go for free.

Only an idiot would cut Aldon because I can practically see, via telepathy, that John Schneider has Aldon's agent on speed dial just in case that happens; I think it's speed dial number 8.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a message to Aldon and that we'd pick it up on the 3rd after a good talk with him and agreement (like Dez Bryant but different with rehab). I thought it might be like caving, but not if there's enough things he's doing to "fix it" and good for PR to say "maybe not... and then we've had a good talk/plan going forward." Wish it hadn't happened but move on type thing..

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. No way Aldon is walking or being cut as long as he can still play on Sundays (ie: not suspended / incarcerated for a different crime). If the team decides to part ways with him, there is no question they will trade him instead of letting him go for free.

Only an idiot would cut Aldon because I can practically see, via telepathy, that John Schneider has Aldon's agent on speed dial just in case that happens; I think it's speed dial number 8.

Want Aldon back but wouldnt worry to much about Schneider, by next year they probably wont have the cap room.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I think:

That's my theory.

I think it has more to do with how the public, fans, and league office will perceive picking up the option of an often in trouble player. Making it seem like they are uncertain weather the want him to remain with the team clearly says the organization doesn't approve of Aldons behavior. Its a PR move, thats all.
The Niners are going to have to pay top dollar for Aldon and they should have to because that is what he is worth. If he does hit the Market that is the kind of contract he will sign.