• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith arrested at LAX?

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting him would be a terrible decision. He is a Niner and barring considerable prison time he will remain so. They might as well pick up his option too. If we have long term plans for him to be on the team, why not? Why take the chance of letting that kind of talent go via FA? We are talking about a likely future HoF player. Picking up the option also buys time to decide what they will do with Aldon.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So selfish fans, how many court cases is the 'line'? When do you say enough is enough?

Not about some mythical moral line. The NFL is a cut throat business between 32 organizations where the goal is to be the best by the seasons end. Aldon Smith as long as he can play is a valuable asset at getting to that goal. If you're a team that doesn't care about winning then sure you release Aldon and save company face with the public. If you're in it to win it though you put up with it and try to help the guy so he can help you. I'm pretty sure the 49ers are in it to win it right now.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has shown very little, if any, ability to make good decisions off the field. I'm on the fence, leaning towards moving on.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks losing him if we cut him. Strong rumors going around that he will not play for the 49ers again. Even if you trade him we wont get any thing more then a 5th or 6th because he might get suspended.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
he is not going to be traded or released. Bookmark that

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really chaps my ass.

For years and years we couldnt find a pass rusher. Finally we find one and hit a Grand Slam. One of, if not the best young Pass rusher in the game and he has to fuck up over and over again off the field.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the big reason to cut him. I feel that if he doess something really criminal, we don't have to pay him. If he doesn't, he'll just face a suspension and get it over with. If we cut him, he still costs us the $3 million even if he isn't paid, right? So costing the cap and cutting him is like facing the suspension. We would get that extra roster spot by cutting him, I suppose, but not really worth it. We might as well pick up the option at the last minute and hope he doesn't do anything stupid that cannot void his contract but look bad. Then, do one year contracts until he signs somewhere else (he'll be able to negotiate elsewhere). Or if we believe that he's not that big of risk, we could sign for longer with the guaranteed being proportional.

I do understand that bad publicity is a bad thing. I also understand that there are potential problems in the locker room, but I feel that if he is performing on the field whenever he gets done with the suspension, cutting him would be worse. His dollar amount should be going down every time he does something stupid so he still has incentive to do right.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My guess is the team is going to have a long nice chat with him to get an idea if he can be salvaged or not.

Personally I believe the reports of him not playing this season are more for the public so they can be viewed as taking the situation seriously and for Aldon Smith himself so he knows that they've had it up to here with him.

Because if you intend to let him walk then it makes absolutely no sense not to trade him and get something for him not to cut him or put him on the NFI list.

For starters trading him will allow you to control which team he goes to. Last thing we want is to let him walk and have him sign with the Seahawks, Cards, and Rams and terrorize us twice a year. And secondly you might as well get something for him rather than just having him sit and get nothing in return.

For him his talent is enough that I believe the 9ers will give him another chance and make it perfectly clear that one more screw up and his completely done. And I'm sure Goodell when he hands down the suspension is going to make it perfectly clear that one more screw up and he's going to drop a 2 ton hammer on him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is the team is going to have a long nice chat with him to get an idea if he can be salvaged or not.

Personally I believe the reports of him not playing this season are more for the public so they can be viewed as taking the situation seriously and for Aldon Smith himself so he knows that they've had it up to here with him.

Because if you intend to let him walk then it makes absolutely no sense not to trade him and get something for him not to cut him or put him on the NFI list.

For starters trading him will allow you to control which team he goes to. Last thing we want is to let him walk and have him sign with the Seahawks, Cards, and Rams and terrorize us twice a year. And secondly you might as well get something for him rather than just having him sit and get nothing in return.

For him his talent is enough that I believe the 9ers will give him another chance and make it perfectly clear that one more screw up and his completely done. And I'm sure Goodell when he hands down the suspension is going to make it perfectly clear that one more screw up and he's going to drop a 2 ton hammer on him.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Why cut him and take the chance of him ending up in our division. Trade him to an AFC team. I was watching a show on the 1990s 49ers and Carmen Policy stated that the 49ers regretted trading Charles Haley to the Cowboys and should have traded him elsewhere. Don't make same mistake twice.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

On a positive note, it has been 3 days since he has done something incredibly stupid. Baby steps.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep him and don't play his ass. Send him back to rehab or something. Trade him and a few picks to the Texans for Clowney.... sarcasm.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say don't cut him. Just admit that the only thing that matters with this team is "do they win" and move on from there.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier this would be a terrible move on the 9ers part if they do it. If you have no intention to play him than you trade him to the AFC and make sure he stays as far away from damaging you as possible and you get something for him.

There is no way a team wouldn't give up something for him and take a chance with his talent.

Not only this, but he's got a pretty easy contract to fit in for 2014 if they don't want to bother with the option. Denver has Von Miller and Ware, but I don't doubt they could go after Aldon and worry about fitting everyone in together later. Maybe Aldon as a DE since he's played pretty well with his hand down. Their window is now so they could even activate the option. Texans could take a hard look too, if they don't want to use their number one on Clowney and rather have someone else.

I don't want to trade Aldon and think Baalke and the team would be beyond stupid if they cut him. There won't be any shortage of teams that would make offers for Aldon even if it was known he would be suspended part of the season. Denver especially wouldn't care since they know the playoffs are a lock for them and just want a ring.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So I'm just asking this. How many times does he have 2 get in legal trouble? Before we're cool with the organization getting rid of him?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Personal life and legal issues

On January 28, 2012, Aldon Smith was arrested for DUI in Miami Beach, Florida.

On June 30, 2012, Smith was believed to have suffered stab wounds when attempting to break up a fight at a party at his residence in San Jose, Calif.

On September 20, 2013, Smith was involved in a single vehicle accident in San Jose, Calif. He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of DUI and possession of marijuana. After the week 3 loss to the Indianapolis Colts, he voluntarily entered a rehab facility, to be put onto the non-football injury list with an indefinite leave of absence.

On October 9, 2013, Smith was charged with "three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon" relating to the 2012 stabbing incident.

On April 13, 2014, Smith was detained and arrested following an incident in LAX airport in which Smith was alleged to mention a bomb to TSA officers.