• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith arrested at LAX?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TSA can't afford to let people get away with jokes like "I have a bomb" because of all the what-if scenarios.

You could maybe make an argument for someone who never goes to an airport for not knowing how strict they are, but Aldon Smith flies on a regular basis and ought to know better. How many times has he been through airport security? He knows the drill and his comment sounds like he decided to be belligerent with the officers at any and all costs to himself just to make a point of letting them know he was irritated with being screened. Well, that worked out well.

Yeah, I told my friend that I think that Aldon was irritated and made the joke beligrrantly/sarcastically, the TSA, not really believing it was a threat/risk, was just saying, "so you want to play that game?" You can call them jerks for that but Aldon could have avoided it and let them return to be the nobody's they are. Not saying they aren't worthwhile human beings, just saying they're not famous

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance?. I agree him skipping out is very remote but there is a chance.

You weigh the options. If I committed murder, of course I wouldn't come back. But then they would not given me bail anyway. The worse the crime is the higher the bail usually is (if any) and maybe how much the defendant has as well. For a crime like this and the pay of NFL, it's a no-brainer. Yes there's no absolutes but this is as close as you can get. So saying zero chance I suppose could be much, but the first comment was about the 20,000 being low. They don't need to be high when Aldon can make so much in the NFL. What is he going to run from the Niners?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False alarm. He just hasn't been active in trying to make the Niners look bad. Apparently, the Niners have taken upon themselves to do so.

C'mon now you know this place would die away without my keen and insighful commentary. I was on a golf trip and cannot be concerned with such trivial matters as the 49er board when their is golf to be played.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon now you know this place would die away without my keen and insighful commentary. I was on a golf trip and cannot be concerned with such trivial matters as the 49er board when their is golf to be played.

That's your job. Don't be lazy. The Niners are trying as hard as they can to look bad, but they need your help. It's too much heavy lifting in the bad PR department. ;)

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunate that shit like this happens and it sucks. What I think is uncool is the TSA agent's statement about appearing to have been drinking earlier that day. Without some form of test, it's just an opinion that may be wrong.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Posted this in the 2011 draft thread, but more appropriate here:

I was listening to 95.7 this morning and they had a caller who claimed to have witnessed the entire thing. Obviously she could have been making it up, but she seemed legit. According to her - and this jives with the initial reports - he had some sort of problem at the ticket counter and started getting worked up. She made it sound like they told him at that time he couldn't take the flight. However, for some reason, they still let him go to/through TSA. She says that she thought he said, "I am the bomb," though no idea how close she was to him. Even after that, they let him go into the gate area - and again, at this point they definitely weren't going to let him on the plane. While in the gate area, five or six TSA officers approached him and he got very agitated and was arrested.

Now, in no way am I condoning Aldon's actions here. It seems like he was out of line pretty much from the beginning. That said, it sounds like the airline staff and TSA could/should have taken control of the situation earlier. That said, I don't know that I would mess with a guy Aldon's size unless I had about four or five other guys backing me up, either.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After looking back at his previous run ins with the law the only thing that we can conclude is he is just an utter moron.

DUI and had weed on him. - Dumbass

Discharging a firearm on his property within city limits which lead to a search of his home. - Dumbass

Going through security at an airport and jokes about having a bomb. - Dumbass

Wow, release this dumbass ASAP. :dunce:

He wasn't joking, the fool was pissed that he got screened and made an assinine comment about having a bomb. Got exactly what his arrogant ass deserved.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your job. Don't be lazy. The Niners are trying as hard as they can to look bad, but they need your help. It's too much heavy lifting in the bad PR department. ;)

As John Lennon said "We're all doing what we can"

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TSA can't afford to let people get away with jokes like "I have a bomb" because of all the what-if scenarios.

One of the "what ifs" at a future date could actually involve Smith having a gun or some other weapon in his possession given his intellect, past history and apparent complete disrespect for authority. TSA did the right thing & I would have no issue if they did this to me or anyone else. Again - remember this is at an airport where someone killed a TSA agent less than 6 months ago.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys. I heard someone metion where are the team leaders.

I got a good question.

WHERE THE FUCK IS HARBAUGH

Is it not his job to wrangle the guys in and to make sure they do the right things as a coach?

Harbaugh can say his piece, but you need the guys out on the field with you to step up. Players respect coaches, but they also have a strong bond with each other. When you bleed and sweat with people you tend to listen to what they have to say. If Harbaugh gets in your face it is one thing. He is thew coach and he gets paid to get in your face. If Justin Smith gets in your face... you listen.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is just stupid. Some other fag guard wanted to feel him up too.

fuck the airlines. Do all this shit to regular citizens, but they dont have to add any extra transponders that a fucking pilot can not turn off to make sure we know where the fuck these 777 airliners are?

I dont care what he said, if it sounded like what do you think I have a bomb will get him thrown in jail for year.

This should just be fuelling the voters next election. Still big business running the show no matter who is in office.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no matter what u can't say bomb at a airport. He needs to be smarter then that. Its common sense.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This news sucks.
Aldon is a special talent and he's totally wasting it.
The 49ers should hire a special assistant for Aldon Smith and have him follow him around 24/7.

I remember Dennis Rodman has a special assistant once, and some chick started acting funny around them and the special assistant kicked the chick out and gave her cab money. He totally avoided a Kaepernick type situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This news sucks.

The 49ers should hire a special assistant for Aldon Smith and have him follow him around 24/7.

Care.com/babysitters

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like Brooks and Lemonier and even Skuta can chip in, but Aldon is a notch above those guys.

Aldon has a higher rate of making game changing plays than those guys.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is just stupid. Some other fag guard wanted to feel him up too.

fuck the airlines. Do all this shit to regular citizens, but they dont have to add any extra transponders that a fucking pilot can not turn off to make sure we know where the fuck these 777 airliners are?

I dont care what he said, if it sounded like what do you think I have a bomb will get him thrown in jail for year.

This should just be fuelling the voters next election. Still big business running the show no matter who is in office.

Ha ha. You have the perfect screen name.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This news sucks.

I remember Dennis Rodman has a special assistant once, and some chick started acting funny around them and the special assistant kicked the chick out and gave her cab money. He totally avoided a Kaepernick type situation.

Nothing is going to come from this situation. It's the DUI and the gun charge he has to worry about. The NFL is not going to punish this because no crime was committed and the officers reported he did not appear drunk at the time. What happened to him at the airport believe it or not happens quite frequently due to all the rule changes from 9/11. Did Aldon bring it on himself? Yeah. Did he commit a crime? No.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1m L.A. District Attorney's office: No charges will be filed TODAY regarding Aldon Smith's alleged false report of a bomb threat at LAX.
Confusing. How can they say no charges will be filed when he got booked and had to post bail? If no charges are filed...he walks away. I'm more concerned about the fact he might have been drinking at this moment. I get that the TSA has to be serious about stupid comments about bomb and other threats but if you have ever been to LAX those guys are on a power trip. This could have been resolved with them and no outside help needed. With that being said,,,,,Aldon has issues. He may be too far gone to bother with. The 2015 option of his rookie contract will most likely not happen.

Last edited by a moderator: