• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith arrested at LAX?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets it all back (minus court-processing fees) when he shows up for court or the charges get dropped; doesn't he?

Outside of the 10% he puts up, yes.

Agree. My first thought was the court doesn't think this is all that big of a deal. Maybe because he's a football player the judge figures it was a nothing more than an idiotic remark. Now if a regular Joe did this the bond would be much higher.

The judge has nothing to do with it until Aldon is arraigned. The cops/DA basically set bail with their initial charges which can be lowered/thrown out once the "criminal" is arraigned. Many people with cash choose to bail out of jail ASAP, even though it costs more before prosecutors/judges/attorneys haggle things out.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For every model citizen we have we seem to have one opposite. Two all pro's everyone can follow in Willis and Bowman, but their fellow LB mates Aldon and Brooks are just wtf. Tarrel Brown was awesome, then we had Cully etc etc.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a safe bet. NFL is probably going to hit him with a length suspension. Sadly,we could be without 2 of are best LB for most of the season depending on Bowman health.

I disagree, he may get a 2-3 game suspension but that's it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The judge has nothing to do with it until Aldon is arraigned. The cops/DA basically set bail with their initial charges which can be lowered/thrown out once the "criminal" is arraigned. Many people with cash choose to bail out of jail ASAP, even though it costs more before prosecutors/judges/attorneys haggle things out.

The cops and DA's don't set bail. When someone is arrested they are sent to an arraignment hearing in front of a judge, where the defense, ( your attorney) and the prosecution(DA) make their arguments on the bail amount.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cops and DA's don't set bail. When someone is arrested they are sent to an arraignment hearing in front of a judge, where the defense, ( your attorney) and the prosecution(DA) make their arguments on the bail amount.

That's the thing, the charges someone is assessed (At least in CA) have a set price for bail, which is how people can be bailed out before seeing the judge.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For every model citizen we have we seem to have one opposite. Two all pro's everyone can follow in Willis and Bowman, but their fellow LB mates Aldon and Brooks are just wtf. Tarrel Brown was awesome, then we had Cully etc etc.

What did Brooks do? Was it while he was with the Bengals?

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Guys. I heard someone metion where are the team leaders.

I got a good question.

WHERE THE FUCK IS HARBAUGH

Is it not his job to wrangle the guys in and to make sure they do the right things as a coach?

Says the fan of the Seadderal Seahawks!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TSA aint joking. If Aldon actually said he had a bomb, he's fucking stupid. And being drunk isn't an excuse.

The TSA can't afford to let people get away with jokes like "I have a bomb" because of all the what-if scenarios.

You could maybe make an argument for someone who never goes to an airport for not knowing how strict they are, but Aldon Smith flies on a regular basis and ought to know better. How many times has he been through airport security? He knows the drill and his comment sounds like he decided to be belligerent with the officers at any and all costs to himself just to make a point of letting them know he was irritated with being screened. Well, that worked out well.

Last edited by a moderator:

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are reports that he appeared to have been drinking. If that is true it would explain the stupidity of his actions. As a person that's been sober a long time I have seen relapses bring out pure self destructive behavior. I certainly don't condone anything he did. I just hope that if this is true then its a question of recommitting to sobriety. It's all up to him.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After looking back at his previous run ins with the law the only thing that we can conclude is he is just an utter moron.

DUI and had weed on him. - Dumbass

Discharging a firearm on his property within city limits which lead to a search of his home. - Dumbass

Going through security at an airport and jokes about having a bomb. - Dumbass

Wow, release this dumbass ASAP. :dunce:

Last edited by a moderator:

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The 10% is typically just a bail bondsmen's fee for putting up the rest of the bond when a detainee cant afford the entire amount. It reads to me that Aldon put up the whole amount and then yes, he gets it back.

The judge actually sets the bond at the initial appearance (not arraignment - but this is just semantics) which would be the next day if someone remains in jail, but given that Aldon bonded out, its probably a week or two out.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 10% is typically just a bail bondsmen's fee for putting up the rest of the bond when a detainee cant afford the entire amount. It reads to me that Aldon put up the whole amount and then yes, he gets it back.

The judge actually sets the bond at the initial appearance (not arraignment - but this is just semantics) which would be the next day if someone remains in jail, but given that Aldon bonded out, its probably a week or two out.

OK, you're right about the bail bonds part. I'm so used to people using bail bonds companies.

Besides that, people can bail out before seeing a judge or going to court.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a shame that a physical talent like him is so mentally unstable.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait wait wait... now THIS is news! Toby got banned?!?!?!

False alarm. He just hasn't been active in trying to make the Niners look bad. Apparently, the Niners have taken upon themselves to do so.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culliver, Smith, Patton, Kaepernick, man, the team needs to do a better job of background inverstigation with the players before they pick them.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, he may get a 2-3 game suspension but that's it.

I had assumed he would have gotten that for the getting the DWI as he was going to practice. With that still an open case, the punishment would be stricter IMO.