• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith arrested at LAX?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our head coach is exercising with Walruses, a potential starting center was drunk in public, allegations are flying around about our QB, our key OLB is allegedly a drunk member of Al Qaeda........what's next? The Andy Lee/Phil Dawson sex tape?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol again this is the current state of the TSA. You can't joke or be sarcastic at all with them. I checked in my bag once a few years ago and the officer jokingly I thought asked if I had any guns or bombs in the bag. I responded with "Bag full of them." Suddenly his cheerful and joking charm went away and I got dead serious and stern "Do you really?" He knew I was joking because I thought he was, but any other agent that was maybe having a bad day and likely would have missed my flight that day.

Since he didn't detain you, I don't blame him for his lack of humor response. They're paranoid so imagine how bad it would be if you really did have them and they didn't fully check it out because they thought you were joking. Something happens and that quote is blown up out of context in the media. It would take a creepy person to use that joke when they actually had them, but aren't they creepy anyway? Now, granted, I don't think they would miss a bag full of them or even one and if they did, I'd be blaming them.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: the Harbaugh comment earlier, coaches are actually pretty limited in the amount of direct contact they can have with players this time of year. That's something the players negotiated for. Up to them to regulate themselves.

Now, this is before even the normal draft and training camp, but someone talked about how the CBA will lead to more stupid stuff happening due to more time off during the work time and longer breaks between team activities.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a stupid joke and TSA over reacting. Nothing to see here.

I understand that this is multiple times he has done something that could have easily avoided with just a little common sense but I really dont see him getting a suspension next year because of this added incident.
If the NFL suspends him for it, there would be no question the NFLPA would appeal. Seems like, if the NFL were going to punish him for the drunk driving incident they would have done so already. Unless they are waiting for some legal action against Aldon? I think they just took the 49ers suspending him and sending him to rehab as punishment enough.

This incident is a bit overblown in my opinion but maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a stupid joke and TSA over reacting. Nothing to see here.

I understand that this is multiple times he has done something that could have easily avoided with just a little common sense but I really dont see him getting a suspension next year because of this added incident.
If the NFL suspends him for it, there would be no question the NFLPA would appeal. Seems like, if the NFL were going to punish him for the drunk driving incident they would have done so already. Unless they are waiting for some legal action against Aldon? I think they just took the 49ers suspending him and sending him to rehab as punishment enough.

This incident is a bit overblown in my opinion but maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part.

TSA doesn't fuck around, joking or not. It's pretty well-documented too. Last time I seen an article relating to this, the guy got hit with federal charges.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Commish is going to be uber pissed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TSA doesn't fuck around, joking or not. It's pretty well-documented too. Last time I seen an article relating to this, the guy got hit with federal charges.

yep, you don't joke about bombs with TSA. for me, i would want TSA to take everything seriously too.

the bigger issue is if Aldon Smith is getting better, going back to old self, or getting worse?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh so over this offseason. Ever since the damn hawks won it's been shit

Hopefully this thing is overblown.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yep, you don't joke about bombs with TSA. for me, i would want TSA to take everything seriously too.

the bigger issue is if Aldon Smith is getting better, going back to old self, or getting worse?
I agree, but I mean come on! It shouldn't be too hard to figure out that Aldon was just being a dumbass. So whats the problem? Why are we wasting time and tax dollars on some dude being a dummy?
But I guess the $20,000 bail would make it all worth it. Proceed TSA.

If the report is true that Aldon had been drinking that day then that is disappointing. When dealing with an addiction, the addict has to want to get better and maybe Aldon does but he is still pretty young. I would think it could be easy to be short sighted if I were in Aldon's shoes. I just hope he wakes up after all he has been through this past year.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I mean come on! It shouldn't be too hard to figure out that Aldon was just being a dumbass. So whats the problem? Why are we wasting time and tax dollars on some dude being a dummy?
But I guess the $20,000 bail would make it all worth it. Proceed TSA.

If the report is true that Aldon had been drinking that day then that is disappointing. When dealing with an addiction, the addict has to want to get better and maybe Aldon does but he is still pretty young. I would think it could be easy to be short sighted if I were in Aldon's shoes. I just hope he wakes up after all he has been through this past year.

20,000 is actually pretty low. Trust me.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20,000 is actually pretty low. Trust me.

Agree. My first thought was the court doesn't think this is all that big of a deal. Maybe because he's a football player the judge figures it was a nothing more than an idiotic remark. Now if a regular Joe did this the bond would be much higher.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Agree. My first thought was the court doesn't think this is all that big of a deal. Maybe because he's a football player the judge figures it was a nothing more than an idiotic remark. Now if a regular Joe did this the bond would be much higher.

A pro' ball player has zero chance of skipping out on 'em, so there's really no risk for the court.