• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith arrested again

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great post. I thought you were going to take it too far the opposite way but you were well balanced and reasonable, IMO. I have a friend of the family who died because of a drunk driver and a my brother's friend's sister died, too. But you're right, these laws should be built to help prevent or adequately punish actual impairment, not lower the standards so that seemingly any level is treated the same. I do agree with some harsh penalties but sometimes they are considered harsh not because of what is being restricted but rather who and whether the crime fit the punishment.

I used to work for the prosecutor's office and there was a case where a person was in their car, keys in the ignition, reportedly there for enough time for the officers to arrive, didn't drive, but was hammered as hell. I left before the conclusion of the trial, so I don't know the results but I knew the arguments made. I have also heard stories of drunken tractor driving in the middle of Nowhere, USA and a bicycle rider riding drunk. Ruined something, not someone, and paying for the damages should have been sufficient. I forgot what they got him for but it wasn't DUI. It was like disorderly conduct but not.

I don't have any problem with a limit that is based on considerable research. As Clyde noted, you can be prosecuted below the limit if you are actually impaired, which is not all that uncommon - though curiously, Clyde seemed upset both that there was an "arbitrary" limit and that people could be prosecuted for being below that limit. There is no reason that I can see why someone should have to be swerving all over the road before they're deemed a hazard to others.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
:laugh3: a week ... DUI and dope... yeah

Weed is barely illegal in CA. So long as it doesn't look like it was for sale (and he'd presumably still be in custody if they did) or a significant amount, I'd be somewhat surprised if they even charge him with that.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks, MHSL, I do try to keep my rants limited to the politics board, but sometimes I can't help it.

Crimson....

Not that they're not represented, but its a powerful and organized lobby on one side vs. a collection of opinions on the other.

And I'm not saying .08 is arbitrary - its a fine limit, certainly means impairment. But the anti groups are pushing for ever-lower levels, and that's where I call BS. And if you get a 2nd DUI I'm fine with anything they throw at someone, there's just no excuse after all the education and warnings following the 1st.

There is strong evidence that you are impaired at 0.05 or below. As said earlier, in terms of limits, the US is among the highest in the world. In fact, earlier I said developed world, but it's really the entire world:

Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) Limits Worldwide

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bill Polian revealed today that "the league" does not like it when teams suspend players unilaterally and they've made it aware to teams that that's their stance. They "encourage" teams to let the NFL handle any suspension. Something fans need to consider when they rant and rave.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm sure this'll land him at least a 1-game suspension. Or will it be 4?

I honestly hope it's 4. This guy needs more than a slap on the wrist to wake his dumb ass up.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm sure this'll land him at least a 1-game suspension. Or will it be 4?

I honestly hope it's 4. This guy needs more than a slap on the wrist to wake his dumb ass up.

I feel the same way. Seems like he hasn't suffered consequences for bad decisions to this point.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:wtf2:
Bill Polian revealed today that "the league" does not like it when teams suspend players unilaterally and they've made it aware to teams that that's their stance. They "encourage" teams to let the NFL handle any suspension. Something fans need to consider when they rant and rave.

Matt Maiocco:

Harbaugh: "I expect Aldon to be back at work and play on Sunday."

Harbaugh said the NFL has exclusivity when it comes to punishment in such matters.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh now says he expects Smith to play on Sunday.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was worried something like this would happen with Aldon. Get your shit together man!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Curse of the super bowl loser rearing its ugly head? Frustrating....

kev_fan_ATX_80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weed is barely illegal in CA. So long as it doesn't look like it was for sale (and he'd presumably still be in custody if they did) or a significant amount, I'd be somewhat surprised if they even charge him with that.

I was referring to the anti-drug policies in the NFL not the CA laws

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hope he's suspended 1 game and its the Jaguar game...

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Correct - marijuana possession is an infraction...a waste of every ones time to even charge someone with. Make it legal already...

However, they could use the vehicle code section which prohibits the transportation of marijuana. I believe that is a wobbler? I'm not positive, though.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Correct - marijuana possession is an infraction...a waste of every ones time to even charge someone with. Make it legal already...

However, they could use the vehicle code section which prohibits the transportation of marijuana. I believe that is a wobbler? I'm not positive, though.

Yeah, I believe it is a wobbler. I'd be shocked if a bay area DA charged it as a felony, though. I've seen a DUI where a kid had a pretty good-sized mason jar of pot that wasn't charged at all, much less as a felony.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: I wonder how much Aldon threw up today at pratice? You know the coaches just had him doing ups / downs and sprints.

Harbaugh looked pissed and frustrated during the press conference.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
600278_10201663402805373_980544663_n.jpg

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So, Aldon is an absolute fucking idiot.

I would love it if Baalke called up Philly today to find out what it would take to get Brandon Graham. I love having Aldon on the field, but you can't be this fucking stupid. He probably gets 1 (maybe 2) games this time, but next time (and there will be a next time, let's not fool ourselves) he will get at least 4.

In terms of our "big FAs of the future" he is 100% at the bottom of my priority list right now.

Fucking idiot.