• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama vs Virginia Tech (who wins)

Who Wins

• Alabama in a blowout

Votes: 54 63.5%
  • Alabama in a close game

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Virginia Tech in a blowout

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Virginia Tech in a close game

Votes: 10 11.8%

• Total voters

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Georgia Dome will be almost a home field for the Tide, a short drive down the freeway to Atlanta. Tide fans will outnumber Hokies 2 or 3 to one. They are the overwhelming betting favorites, even Frank Beamer is just wishing for a competitive game.

All season long, Alabama has only two or three that look anywhere close to being a real game, A & M, LSU, and maybe this one, although I think it won't be close. They cake walk through the SEC West, and play a pathetic OOC slate of two FCS teams (well at least from last year, one just barely turning 18, wink, wink), and a perennial MWC loser, all in Tuscaloosa.

This year is like watching grown men pick on children if you are a Alabama fan. Still, maybe, just maybe, one of those kids might find a slingshot a play David to Goliath. But I'm not betting that way.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Georgia Dome will be almost a home field for the Tide, a short drive down the freeway to Atlanta. Tide fans will outnumber Hokies 2 or 3 to one.

VT fans travel well and it was probably 55/45 (bama) last time they played in the Georgia Dome. Pulling numbers out of your ass like this do nothing for the convo.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT fans travel well and it was probably 55/45 (bama) last time they played in the Georgia Dome. Pulling numbers out of your ass like this do nothing for the convo.

Many of the fans will be Atlantans who will root for VT just to spite Bama because of UGA.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your family joins in with sucking on your Mom's teet? Fuckin weird brah.

Yea anytime I can watch my team throw up 30+ on a SEC team that's good times.

27 more days and you will get to watch Bama hang 30+ on your team!

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe so, but just remember in '98 everyone picked Bama for the win. In line with your previous 10 wins. So having a relatively unknown Big East team do that to Bama was...interesting....to say the least. ;)

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ConneryFistPump.gif

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, but just remember in '98 everyone picked Bama for the win. In line with your previous 10 wins. So having a relatively unknown Big East team do that to Bama was...interesting....to say the least. ;)

Virginia Tech's 8–3 record during the 1998 college football regular season was good enough to earn it a bid to the inaugural Music City Bowl game. Facing the Hokies were the Alabama Crimson Tide, who had gone 7–4 during the regular season.

We were a powerhouse that year, weren't we? However, if that 1998 game gives you hope for this year go with it! :L

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia Tech's 8–3 record during the 1998 college football regular season was good enough to earn it a bid to the inaugural Music City Bowl game. Facing the Hokies were the Alabama Crimson Tide, who had gone 7–4 during the regular season.

We were a powerhouse that year, weren't we? However, if that 1998 game gives you hope for this year go with it! :L

You and Bino must be pretty slow. Which is OK, I have dealt with the likes of you on Disney. We both had mediocre teams and your team was picked to pretty much sock it to us for that bowl game - and guess what, it didn't happen. Where have I or anyone else compared the 98 season to this season? Good thing I have a solid base for some of the more legit Bama posters on here like Bear82, etc. You sir are :lame:.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and Bino must be pretty slow. Which is OK, I have dealt with the likes of you on Disney. We both had mediocre teams and your team was picked to pretty much sock it to us for that bowl game - and guess what, it didn't happen. Where have I or anyone else compared the 98 season to this season? Good thing I have a solid base for some of the more legit Bama posters on here like Bear82, etc. You sir are :lame:.

This game won't be close...VT doesn't have a clue whats coming for them...

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never been on Disney, as you like to say, and it's a shame when people who need to look in the mirror get their panties in a wad because someone didn't tell them their team was outstanding! 2 shit teams from 15 years ago used as example for a possible upset in this years contest. And I'm the illegitimate poster? :doh: That was a great win amszete and this is great insight for this years game! :clap: Now go hang out with the more legit crowd...cheers! :suds:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record in that 1998 Music City Bowl where you said Alabama was favored:

Favorite Virginia Tech by 5

Credibility- :nono:

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record in that 1998 Music City Bowl where you said Alabama was favored:

Favorite Virginia Tech by 5

Credibility- :nono:

You have to make allowances for VT fans. They measure success by 10-win seasons, not Championships.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been on Disney, as you like to say, and it's a shame when people who need to look in the mirror get their panties in a wad because someone didn't tell them their team was outstanding! 2 shit teams from 15 years ago used as example for a possible upset in this years contest. And I'm the illegitimate poster? :doh: That was a great win amszete and this is great insight for this years game! :clap: Now go hang out with the more legit crowd...cheers! :suds:

Again, your reading comprehension is little to be desired. The original intent of the post concerning the 1998 game was pertaining to some other poster making reference to "this isn't the ACC or Big East." This was not a comparison to anything related to this year. Now that I have said this multipe times I would have figured that you (Tbag) and Albino would have understood this. I will take the high road here on smack talking your school as I actually like Bama and some of the fans that post here.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to make allowances for VT fans. They measure success by 10-win seasons, not Championships.

Keep trashing VT and the fans. I know you are a d-bag but I won't be judging your school / fan base by how much of a loser / homer you are.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this seriously being debated still? Bama rolls, and big. VT was not a good team last year. Logan Thomas was decent and that's all they even have. Their defense was OK but if teams like Pitt and North Carolina were able to put up 35+, what do you think McCarron, Yeldon, and those WRs are gonna do?

48-10 Tide rolls.