• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama vs Virginia Tech (who wins)

Who Wins

• Alabama in a blowout

Votes: 54 63.5%
  • Alabama in a close game

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Virginia Tech in a blowout

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Virginia Tech in a close game

Votes: 10 11.8%

• Total voters

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia Tech's running game has taken yet another hit, as J.C. Coleman, one of the top two running backs on the team, has sprained both ankles, and Tony Gregory has suffered a career-ending torn ACL, the school announced on Thursday.
Virginia Tech running backs J.C. Coleman, Tony Gregory out with injuries - ESPN

Who needs a running game anyway? VT may be starting a freshman RB, two freshmen OL, two freshmen DB's and two walk-on LB's....not exactly ideal heading into a game with Bama.

:L

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt VT have 4 or 5 players quit the team last week?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but really no one who would have much of an impact on this game. A DB was somewhat of a surprise, but he was losing reps to 2 true freshman and was looking like he would be 3rd string.

The injuries we had this week will have much more of an impact.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who needs a running game anyway? VT may be starting a freshman RB, two freshmen OL, two freshmen DB's and two walk-on LB's....not exactly ideal heading into a game with Bama.

:L

Neither Jack Tyler nor Josh Trimble are walk-ons. They are both on scholarship. Tyler was all ACC last year and is on all American watch lists this year. That's kind of unfair to lump him in as a "walk-on" with VT's depth problems at certain positions. Jack Tyler isn't a problem on VT's defense.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for this snooze fest :yawn:

If they only would have had Corey Marshall, Donaldven Manning, Davion Tookes, Adam Taraschke, Jarontay Jones, Michael Holmes, Kevin Asante, Ronny Vandyke, Tony Gregory, JC Coleman and Antone Exum they might have stood a chance. I know Saban's motto is "make his ass quit" but I thought that was during a game and not before.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they only would have had Corey Marshall, Donaldven Manning, Davion Tookes, Adam Taraschke, Jarontay Jones, Michael Holmes, Kevin Asante, Ronny Vandyke, Tony Gregory, JC Coleman and Antone Exum they might have stood a chance. I know Saban's motto is "make his ass quit" but I thought that was during a game and not before.

Saban probably says that in reference to the 10 people he kicks of the team every year to make scholarship room for his new crop of semi-pro players. JC Coleman should be ready in time for the 1st game, Corey Marshall is still on the team, and the only people on that list that started was Antone Exum who tore an ACL 6 months ago and Ronny Vandyke. Donaldven Manning was the only other one that even had a chance to be in the 2 deep.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban probably says that in reference to the 10 people he kicks of the team every year to make scholarship room for his new crop of semi-pro players. JC Coleman should be ready in time for the 1st game, Corey Marshall is still on the team, and the only people on that list that started was Antone Exum who tore an ACL 6 months ago and Ronny Vandyke. Donaldven Manning was the only other one that even had a chance to be in the 2 deep.

I can't wait til next sat!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait til next sat!

Getting purty excited muhself. VT's O-line is going to lose (most likely) or win this game. Just not enough experienced depth there in Grimes' first year. I think we will be fine in the future though. O-line and WR are the biggest weaknesses on the team so far from what I can see as long as everyone else stays healthy though.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting purty excited muhself. VT's O-line is going to lose (most likely) or win this game. Just not enough experienced depth there in Grimes' first year. I think we will be fine in the future though. O-line and WR are the biggest weaknesses on the team so far from what I can see as long as everyone else stays healthy though.

Avy bet?

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bammer ruuuhtardedness is multiplying :laugh3:

beamer-smash.gif

Well at least we haven't heard Bama fans say they could beat an NFL like the Patriots.... You know like last year. LOL

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they only would have had Corey Marshall (2nd string - not a huge loss as we have depth on the line), Donaldven Manning (losing to true freshmenso he transferred), Davion Tookes (3rd string), Adam Taraschke (3rd string at best), Jarontay Jones (3rd string at best), Michael Holmes (we lost him last year really), Kevin Asante (2-3rd string but had talent), Ronny Vandyke (this is a major factor), Tony Gregory (2-3rd string), JC Coleman (co-starter but I think Edmunds can do better and can't wait to see him - another Darren Evans type I hope) and Antone Exum (BIG factor) they might have stood a chance. I know Saban's motto is "make his ass quit" but I thought that was during a game and not before.

See comments to those players referenced above - 2 imo I believe are the big factors here.

EDIT: What I like about this program are we are no longer giving upper classmen players the ability to play when the heart / talent is lacking. This has been a huge problem with Beamer