• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama vs USC in Cowboys stadium in 2016?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, That subculture has become so huge that it has sprout hundreds of other subcultures from it. Live and let live I say. Only jokes Mon frere

Oh of course. And you know I don't speak Spanish so stop it.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pabst is so played out. It is all about the Rainier and Olympia pounders. We don't do roller derby shit around here. That is a Washington thing.

See, out here... Ya we are a bit on the hippy side. But mix in the perfect amount of redneck to go with it. We shoot, we fish, we use organic and eat organic, we spit Copenhagen, we drink off brand beer quite a bit, most of us have quite the beards....

If that is a hipster then so be it..... But I do wear Nike which probably altogether DQs me from being hipster

I think I'm from Oregon.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally something we can agree on. This is why I'd like to see the SEC go to 9 games. Drive the SoS up so everyone else will have more incentive to follow suit. As it stands now everyone keeps following the teams that get away with mediocre schedules and it has lead to the worst abuse of it in my lifetime.

First of all, you don't see 'team Pac'. Doesn't exist. I won't EVER come to the rescue of someone picking on Oregon or USC. Just won't happen. Hell, you guys actually have Auburn fans defending Bama. :laugh3::L Sorry, but team SEC is really just an SEC thing.

Not sure where anyone has said it's fine for the ACC to do it while not ok for anyone else. Care to post a link to that? Must have missed it.

There are what, maybe 10 ACC fans on this site? :noidea: And most of them are FSU fans. Just no fun to have it out with such a small group.

Pretty sure it's been said what the Pac coaches actually said is they want a level playing field. That by default means it should go for all of the power conferences including the ACC. Pretty sure I've said the ACC should also dump the FCS nonsense and no one has denied their schedules are bad. All we said is it's largely irrelevant because their conference is fairly irrelevant outside of FSU. They are the new Big East. You just look at that conference and laugh when they are called a 'power conference'.

Picking on them is like picking on kids in the special olympics.

:agree: What he said. PAC! PAC! PAC!

(Am I doing that right?)

Conversely with your top idea, the reason i keep bringing in the ACC is they could have forced the SEC's hand, but chose to stay at 8 games also. Had they done what you want the SEC to do(Saban agrees by the way) then the SEC would've had to move up to nine or possibly be left out due to a lack of SoS, so ideally you boys in the PAC(yes their is a team PAC) should be on the ACC as hard as you are the SEC because they made it possible for the SEC to remain at 8 for yet another few years without fear of an SoS debacle. Cant believe you boys didnt see that angle.:noidea:

Next you have a couple of fans who have posted that the ACC is a bottom dweller and what they do doesnt matter, its the top conference in the NCAA that they are concerned with and only that conference. What they meant to say and did in between the lines was they are wholely concerned with what Saban and Alabama do and will jump at any chance to join in with team PAC to rail on them.

Lastly what does it matter how many fans a conference or team has if you want to voice your displeasure on something and call out ALL parties involved equally? Seems to me that since we have an Aubie(closet Tide fan) :lol: that others fans not in the ACC might come to their defense. Or maybe not since it is the ACC:lol:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm speaking frog, ya ass. or are you just messing with me?

Hey guys, i think we have a 300+ page thread with all of these same arguments rehashed over and over again.

Only of someone can find The Authority and get him involved and excited about this issue.:nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long posts are long

Meh, no point in discussing it any further. Bandwagon and the other 'Bammers are in full butthurt mode now and have slipped in to their crying about "everybody picking on poor wittle 'Bama" who, after all, are just following the ACC's lead.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also stated Saban was going to Texas according to his sources, so there is that:whistle:

Didn't think Bama would pay 7mm guaranteed over 5 years to keep him that's batshit crazy money.

Besides it was Sakau that was making the guarantees on that one not me.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're only smelly because of those damn hippies from Oregon.

On a serious note, I did start using deodorant again. I have discovered Toms natural. Good stuff. Will never wear that poisonous other stuff again. Causes some bad things.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a serious note, I did start using deodorant again. I have discovered Toms natural. Good stuff. Will never wear that poisonous other stuff again. Causes some bad things.

Should go well with your Tom's Natural toothpaste.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conversely with your top idea, the reason i keep bringing in the ACC is they could have forced the SEC's hand, but chose to stay at 8 games also. Had they done what you want the SEC to do(Saban agrees by the way) then the SEC would've had to move up to nine or possibly be left out due to a lack of SoS, so ideally you boys in the PAC(yes their is a team PAC) should be on the ACC as hard as you are the SEC because they made it possible for the SEC to remain at 8 for yet another few years without fear of an SoS debacle. Cant believe you boys didnt see that angle.:noidea:

Next you have a couple of fans who have posted that the ACC is a bottom dweller and what they do doesnt matter, its the top conference in the NCAA that they are concerned with and only that conference. What they meant to say and did in between the lines was they are wholely concerned with what Saban and Alabama do and will jump at any chance to join in with team PAC to rail on them.

Lastly what does it matter how many fans a conference or team has if you want to voice your displeasure on something and call out ALL parties involved equally? Seems to me that since we have an Aubie(closet Tide fan) :lol: that others fans not in the ACC might come to their defense. Or maybe not since it is the ACC:lol:
The ACC moving to 9 wouldn't have done anything and to say otherwise is rather odd. I mean the Pac is arguably #2 (not looking to get into #2 or #3 debate) and they are at 9 and that hasn't done anything to force the issue, so why would the cellar dwellers make any real difference? If the ACC is so bad that they eclipse the SEC in shitting OOC then their SOS increase still wouldn't put them within reach of what the SEC already has given that their overall IC SOS is dead last.

As for the number of people, this is the offseason and if you are going to get into the fray with others you might as well make it worth your time. It's just not as fun either picking on the dumb asses or the issues that don't have anyone really defending the other side. Kind of kills the whole point.

So we stick to the larger fan bases and ignore that most of them are dumb asses.

:suds:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats your excuse? " we're not the worst offender" . The thing is your team has been a good/great team over the recent years.I freely admit that and have no jealously because my team had had it's good years . But your team has had the added advantage of never having to worry about some mid level team from a real conference having a good day and your team having a bad game at the same time and fucking up your entire season. When does chattanooga ever give you a scare? Especially always playing those one legged cupcakes at home. Heck you can put out your third string and not break a sweat. Now further the advantage by scheduling the second (or third ) cupcake as the second to last game of the year bascily giving them a second bye week at the most advantageous time of the year. So last years Auburn vrs Alabama game which was great was set up by these two power teams playing Chattanooga and Samford the week before. So highly ranked bama plays highly ranked SEC foe and both had a glorified practice the week before. So both are fresh and neither drops too far . So while there are other teams who might have been worse offenders they didn't get to the top of the heap because of this advantage. How much better would have Oregon and Stanford been if they got to play some weak sister of the poor right at the end of the season instead of actual teams every week after the third game of the season.

In the same vain, the teams who played the sisters of the poor in weeks one through 3 are sitting pretty because they didnt take a chance on playing anyone of note and can move up in the polls if a team does lose, while the Alabama's of the world agree to play a team from a power 5 conference that looked better when it was scheduled than it did when it was played(happens to the best of teams sometimes) and then played a top 5 opponent on it's home field two weeks later in conference before playing any of its nobodies it schedules throughout the season versus playing them all to start a season. Thank God for having few teams willing to play a power 5 conference to start a season and maybe playing a conference foe in the second or third week instead of playing cupcakes. That makes the season bearable for more than 8 weeks or nine weeks a year, it makes it viable for the entire season. You last question is laughable based on they played their cupcakes to start the season, while others were taking risks. Kinda tit for tat isnt it?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think Bama would pay 7mm guaranteed over 5 years to keep him that's batshit crazy money.

Besides it was Sakau that was making the guarantees on that one not me.

We know WT, even the PAc guys know your a closet Bama fan, might as well come out of the closet:lol:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC moving to 9 wouldn't have done anything and to say otherwise is rather odd. I mean the Pac is arguably #2 (not looking to get into #2 or #3 debate) and they are at 9 and that hasn't done anything to force the issue, so why would the cellar dwellers make any real difference? If the ACC is so bad that they eclipse the SEC in shitting OOC then their SOS increase still wouldn't put them within reach of what the SEC already has given that their overall IC SOS is dead last.

As for the number of people, this is the offseason and if you are going to get into the fray with others you might as well make it worth your time. It's just not as fun either picking on the dumb asses or the issues that don't have anyone really defending the other side. Kind of kills the whole point.

So we stick to the larger fan bases and ignore that most of them are dumb asses.

:suds:

Lets recap so you can get it, didnt think it was that hard to see.

PAC is at nine
Big 12 plays round robin of nine
B1G is at 8 but has voted to move to nine
SEC is at 8 and wont budge(except one lone voice of reason)
If the ACC had moved to nine when all others would be at nine by 2016, this would facilitate the SEC to move or wither on the vine(so to speak) as the SoS would suffer due to other conference getting an extra in conference game.

I am on your side and think Saban is right to want the ninth game, but I dont get the hate(and yes with some of you it is hate and not reason) for the SEC when another conference is currently employing said model and eats FCS teams like candy(sometimes two per year). Do you get it now?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, no point in discussing it any further. Bandwagon and the other 'Bammers are in full butthurt mode now and have slipped in to their crying about "everybody picking on poor wittle 'Bama" who, after all, are just following the ACC's lead.

I am not crying, but merely trying diligently to educate you uneducated heathens out west.:lol:

And please tell me when I stated that Bama was following anyone, least of all the ACC. Its all there to read and comprehend, one part seems to be missing on that end. Dont know which:whistle: