• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama vs USC in Cowboys stadium in 2016?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't speak for other Trojans, but ever since the 50-42 game at the Coliseum in '05, Fresno St. scares the hell out of me.

I don't know who their QB this year is but they always scare me. They are a dangerous team to schedule. They could be bad , average or pretty good.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who their QB this year is but they always scare me. They are a dangerous team to schedule. They could be bad , average or pretty good.

And they LOVE giving the big name schools all that they can handle and then some. That "boneyard" that they have at their stadium has some pretty solid names on it.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Figured as much, but you know I couldn't let it pass!!:whistle:

Hey, we all have those nights and it took me a minute this morning before it finally dawned on me who I mentioned. We all have those moments and thank god mine are fewer and fewer. By the way, thanks for the backup on the Bear story, I love that he wanted to change football in the South so much that he went to that extreme(probably knowing the outcome before he did it). Shows he was not like everyone thinks he was and he really loved the game of football that much.

:suds:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, we all have those nights and it took me a minute this morning before it finally dawned on me who I mentioned. We all have those moments and thank god mine are fewer and fewer. By the way, thanks for the backup on the Bear story, I love that he wanted to change football in the South so much that he went to that extreme(probably knowing the outcome before he did it). Shows he was not like everyone thinks he was and he really loved the game of football that much.

No worries. I grew up in a football crazy house and was taught that I can be a fan of whatever team I want, but I must have respect for Bear Bryant, Vince Lombardi and Frank Kush (the rest of my family are ASU fans). :suds:

That USC/Alabama game has always fascinated me because of what it meant to college football and because of the myths that have endured ever since the game was played.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My point was more the school and the mentality of the majority of the state at the time not to disparage the coach . I have heard that he was ok with black players . I have on occasion met John Papadakis(played for SC at the time) and heard him talk about that game and about his book Turning the tide. Interesting read.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is not SEC country, that's a wild exaggeration.
-------
The distance from Tuscaloosa is a days drive to Dallas. The distance from L.A. to Dallas is over a two day drive so basically Dallas is SEC country. To suggest Dallas is a neutral site is absurd.

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-32UXA4BJY]Jamey Johnson California Riots - YouTube[/ame]