• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lineup caught me by surprise today. Was not expecting Urshela at leadoff, Tork second and especially not Canha at cleanup.

Hoping it was just situational against a left with a lot of action.

Crochet today picked up the Sox first QS from a lefty in almost two years. lol

Only the third lefty in AL history with 8+ Ks and no walks on Opening Day.
I always liked Crochet's stuff. I am mad I dont have him on either of my fantasy teams- would have been a good late round pickup.

Skubal looked incredible. His stuff is scary good. I think Torkelson could very easily go for 35 hr and 110 rbis if Keith and Riley and some of these guys get on base at a decent clip. I keep wondering if Keith is worth an add and if he will put up 15 HR 15 steal with like a 345 OBP? 2B and #B eligible so he can be moved around.

Julien of course does not start for the Twins- platoon player with bad d? and Royce gets hurt already? I feel bad for Minnesota- Lewis #1 overall pick and Buxton #2 overall pick- both with tons of talent and tools and both have had such a hard time staying healthy- looks like Royce is gonna be fine from this one though. Lopez going 7 IP in the opener shows he is strong, healthy and ready to go deep into games and he looked good.

Bieber pitched against the A's but dominated. Hard to gauge much against the A's but a healthy, motivated Bieber would help the Guardians a lot-- and eventually probably force a trade. I would love to get one of Baltimore's top guys- or maybe Spencer Jones from the Yanks? Or just keep Bieber if they are in position.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we end up seeing both teams shuffle young bats up in hopes to get something going.

I feel like Detroit has long struggled in April with their bats even when they were good (they had a lot of Hispanic players and seemed like miggys worst month was often April )
totally agree--- getting the vets for Detroit should help ease things--- they are already with a lot ofyoung guys in the lineup with Keith, Torkeslon Riley, etc......they have other guys waiting but playing just a ton of kids usually doesnt work out even if they all have talent--- gotta have some infrastructure around them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Freeman. Probably won't hit for much power, but he has an intriguing hit tool and he's tough to strike out. I feel like low strikeout rates in the minors are generally a good sign

Some of these guys are also infield/middle infield guys, so if they can give you a 100-110 wRC+ and play competent defense/steal bases they're likely above average starters. Hopefully they'll hit for more power than anticipated, some guys with good hit tools end up hitting for more than expected. See Kevin Youkilis, Mookie Betts and your very own Jose Ramirez
that is the hope---- most ratings services have the Guardians defense as the best in the majors- but it really has to be considering their lack of pop. Hopefully some day soon reinforcements arrive- and maybe Rocchio and Freeman develop.

Guardians front office usually does pretty well- but would love to have Jones in RF and Caminero coming up to play 2B to push Gimenez to short--- with Manzardo and Dealtuer in the wings- then theyd be cooking

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is the hope---- most ratings services have the Guardians defense as the best in the majors- but it really has to be considering their lack of pop. Hopefully some day soon reinforcements arrive- and maybe Rocchio and Freeman develop.

Guardians front office usually does pretty well- but would love to have Jones in RF and Caminero coming up to play 2B to push Gimenez to short--- with Manzardo and Dealtuer in the wings- then theyd be cooking
Worked out for the 2014-15 Royals

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worked out for the 2014-15 Royals

That's a highly unlikely one off

Even with the arms Detroit conceivably has in house they gotta hit in the playoffs and that usually costs a few bucks.

The Tigers were undone with their hitting and bullpen more often than not in the playoffs in the 2010s

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just like that....... Royals take the lead. Fuck I want to strangle Rocco until his big, dumb fucktard face stops guppy gasping.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't see 2 hbp in one inning hardly ever

You never see 2 hbp and get zero runs lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just like that....... Royals take the lead. Fuck I want to strangle Rocco until his big, dumb fucktard face stops guppy gasping.
Don’t worry, it’s the Royals. Don’t get your panties in a wad it’s a long season and you can enjoy it with Rocco

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers steal one.

And who is this team? 2 strikeouts? 4 walks? What?

Lets settle down and remember you are playing one of the worst teams in baseball thats actively tanking.

Twins, Tigers and Guardians are playing shit, shitty and shittiest this weekend.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets settle down and remember you are playing one of the worst teams in baseball thats actively tanking.

Twins, Tigers and Guardians are playing shit, shitty and shittiest this weekend.

2 strikeouts against anyone is an achievement for this team.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 strikeouts against anyone is an achievement for this team.

It was really 2 Ks in 4 innings. Which is still impressive(Not sure Twins will do that all year)

But the first 5 innings dont count. Actually letting shit ass Soroka throw up 4 zeros is the concerning part. What a bummer that guys career has become