• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait Doug actually got banned?!?!?! I honestly thought he just ran off and disappeared and potentially had a heart attack while cooking and/or eating one of his hungry man dinners. Shit that sucks.

But yeah its going to be reallllllllllly interesting what the Tigers decide to spend on. THey need to get rid of a lot of dead weight and fill in those gaps. But so much potential.

Greene and Tork gotta start hitting with men on and get more consistent. Skubal and Mize have to get and stay on the mound. But ya a lot to play with. Ya'll need a FA starter and 3B forsure. Your 3B is a rotation of suck right now.
3rd base upgrade is waiting in Toledo.

Assuming he plays in the fall league and is up early next year, if he doesn’t start the season in Detroit.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to reopen old wounds…

But…

Voltaire kept crying like a bitch that we all talked CFB smack here. Got mods and owners involved. And Doug went out swinging, like a man in khaki pants he got from WalMart.

Torkelson has blown ass with RISP. Crazy shitty. Lucky for him it doesn’t happen often. Both of those things need to change.

You see Miggy got an in field single yesterday? No idea when the last time that had happened.

Wow I missed all of that. There was a bit of a dead period for me on here. Totally forgot Doug's Michigan BS too, would love to see him in this Harbaugh resurgence. Just a one of a kind doofus. Made it all better.

I didnt see the infield single haha but good for Miggy. Hes definitely making it a point to go out on a bit of a high note been swinging it well and I think AJ is resting him properly.

Totally forgot about Keith. Yeah hes another potential menace in the Tigers/Twins position player prospect wars. If Tigers add enough so they stop playing Baddo/Ibanez/Maton/Vierling nightly, they will be tough. Those are all fine role guys on their own but they cant hold down lineup spots together with Baez.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I missed all of that. There was a bit of a dead period for me on here. Totally forgot Doug's Michigan BS too, would love to see him in this Harbaugh resurgence. Just a one of a kind doofus. Made it all better.

I didnt see the infield single haha but good for Miggy. Hes definitely making it a point to go out on a bit of a high note been swinging it well and I think AJ is resting him properly.

Totally forgot about Keith. Yeah hes another potential menace in the Tigers/Twins position player prospect wars. If Tigers add enough so they stop playing Baddo/Ibanez/Maton/Vierling nightly, they will be tough. Those are all fine role guys on their own but they cant hold down lineup spots together with Baez.
Not sure when we will see Jace Jung. Maybe next summer? But if he can handle second, it’s another bat that should be MLB level in the order.

I’ve all but written off Austin Meadows at this point. But he is able to play baseball again, there could be a mediocre lineup in Detroit next year. And that’s a big step up.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure when we will see Jace Jung. Maybe next summer? But if he can handle second, it’s another bat that should be MLB level in the order.

I’ve all but written off Austin Meadows at this point. But he is able to play baseball again, there could be a mediocre lineup in Detroit next year. And that’s a big step up.

Yeah I think the Austin ship has just about sailed, sucks for him. Its clearly a struggle.

But if Parker can pan out to be productive thats huge

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lopez looks terrible again. Hes got no curve and just throwing BP.

Also, as much as I love to punching bag Wiggy. Hopefully Williams is ok. Hard to know what happend. Tito might have pulled him strictly because of the wild control and 30 high stress pitches on a young arm. Maybe when he fell over on that Polanco pitch he got hurt.

Hopefully nothing elbow related.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well these last two games should be proof

STOP having Vazquez catch for Lopez. The splits are insane.

And Vazquez in this game has a passed ball for a run(ruled a wild pitch stupidly) and a missed block in the dirt for another runner to advance. Fuck that guy.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins fail to go 7 over .500 again. Do it every time.

This teams offense is much easier to pitch to by continuing to bat Correa 3/4. Why we wont move him down idk. His defense makes him valuable but this shit is annoying. 0/4. All men on base. 0/2 with RISP. 2 Ks and his 27th DP of the year.

Then gave the Guardians a run trying to be sneaky dropping a pop and letting Gimenez their fastest runner reach first. Mental

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lopez looks terrible again. Hes got no curve and just throwing BP.

Also, as much as I love to punching bag Wiggy. Hopefully Williams is ok. Hard to know what happend. Tito might have pulled him strictly because of the wild control and 30 high stress pitches on a young arm. Maybe when he fell over on that Polanco pitch he got hurt.

Hopefully nothing elbow related.
they are reporting it as his knee.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feels good to hang the L on Lopez- but when you have Calhoun and Laureano batting 3-4 - no one can hold up under that murderer's row.

offense is so bad. Naylor s/b back this weekend

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is just crazy--- 28 years--- Royals won the division once- and won the WS that year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only 2 World Series Champs are White Sox and Royals..........Guards got there 3 times and lost all 3....Tigers made it once. Twins have won 1 series in the history of them being in the AL Central- in '02.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naylor has homers in his last 3 starts......maybe starting to come around a little

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good call- that link is just AL Central so it didnt include wild card- so there are more series wins out of the WC
Not for the Twins though.

That 02 series against Oakland is the only postseason series win for them since Morris outdueled Smoltz.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for the Twins though.

That 02 series against Oakland is the only postseason series win for them since Morris outdueled Smoltz.
that is brutal- especially considering they have usually been pretty decent. The Tori Hunter/Joe Mauer/Justin Morneau days ended up being a huge disappointment. I hated Tori Hunter back then.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is brutal- especially considering they have usually been pretty decent. The Tori Hunter/Joe Mauer/Justin Morneau days ended up being a huge disappointment. I hated Tori Hunter back then.

06 was the only truly disappointing season singularly though. That sweep to Oakland was a joke. On paper Twins were so much better and the Torii hunter botched CF play for the inside the parker summed it up.

Mauer- batting title, Morneau- MVP, JOhan- Cy young, Liriano(granted injured for playoffs)- Rookie of year, Nathan-top closer in baseball, Radke a vet, cuddyer with one of his better years, prime Torii. Unreal disappointment.

All the other years in vaccuum its sad we didnt win 1 time. But we were always big dogs. And we were objectively fucked over in New York on the Mauer foul ball that wasnt(classic minnesota sports being fucked before rules change due to it) and that woulda been a game 1 win in 2009(or 10 cant remember).

06 was a colossal choke

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
06 was the only truly disappointing season singularly though. That sweep to Oakland was a joke. On paper Twins were so much better and the Torii hunter botched CF play for the inside the parker summed it up.

Mauer- batting title, Morneau- MVP, JOhan- Cy young, Liriano(granted injured for playoffs)- Rookie of year, Nathan-top closer in baseball, Radke a vet, cuddyer with one of his better years, prime Torii. Unreal disappointment.

All the other years in vaccuum its sad we didnt win 1 time. But we were always big dogs. And we were objectively fucked over in New York on the Mauer foul ball that wasnt(classic minnesota sports being fucked before rules change due to it) and that woulda been a game 1 win in 2009(or 10 cant remember).

06 was a colossal choke
that was a very good team - Santana at the height of his prime. As you said- Liriano was fantastic at that point. I forgot about Joe Nathan - but yah- maybe the best closer in abseball then. I always like Brad Radke- nasty change- good vet- kind of gave me Charlie Nagy of the Twins vibes.