• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great comeback.

Twins and Rangers played maybe the worst extra innings ever since this dumb rule was implemented. Though it might never end.

Then the Rangers scrub pitcher walked 3 straight guys with 2 outs and we won on walks.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syndergaard DFA'd

Im torn between laughing at Wiggy and being mad at the fact the Guardians objectively got better today

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syndergaard DFA'd

Im torn between laughing at Wiggy and being mad at the fact the Guardians objectively got better today
lol- I never said Syndegaard was going to be good- I knew he was no longer a good pitcher. You obviously just ignored my posts on why they got him.

1. They had no healthy starting pitching;

2. They wanted to get rid of Rosario to give Arias, Freeman and Rocchio time at SS since they knew they were not going to resign Rosario.

Now that Quintrell is coming back, and Curry has been stretched out (at the time he was being used a reliever- now he is up to going 6 innings), they no longer need Snydegaard

Its obvious they never would have taken Syndegaard even for free from the Dodgers-- the only reason they got him was they matched his salary with Rosarios. I am sure they would have rather just dumped Rosario's salary without having to take back Syndegaard, but that was not happening and they decided if they had to take salary back- getting a guy who could at least provide some innings while the rotation was battered by injuries was not a terrible option.

If you remember- at the time- their rotation was the 3 rookies, and Curry who was only able to go 3 innings. Now Curry is stretched out and Quintrell is due back. Hence- Syndegaaard is kaput.

and if you are going to deign to laugh at Syndegaard, I get an even bigger laugh out of your Lynn comments.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jays single handedly been keep Guardians alive.

Guards are 4-3 vs Blue Jays, 6-15 vs everyone else since July 27th.

Should post it on the AL East thread, but man the Jays have been a bust again. MIght have to blow it up if they miss playoffs

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol- I never said Syndegaard was going to be good- I knew he was no longer a good pitcher. You obviously just ignored my posts on why they got him.

1. They had no healthy starting pitching;

2. They wanted to get rid of Rosario to give Arias, Freeman and Rocchio time at SS since they knew they were not going to resign Rosario.

Now that Quintrell is coming back, and Curry has been stretched out (at the time he was being used a reliever- now he is up to going 6 innings), they no longer need Snydegaard

Its obvious they never would have taken Syndegaard even for free from the Dodgers-- the only reason they got him was they matched his salary with Rosarios. I am sure they would have rather just dumped Rosario's salary without having to take back Syndegaard, but that was not happening and they decided if they had to take salary back- getting a guy who could at least provide some innings while the rotation was battered by injuries was not a terrible option.

If you remember- at the time- their rotation was the 3 rookies, and Curry who was only able to go 3 innings. Now Curry is stretched out and Quintrell is due back. Hence- Syndegaaard is kaput.

and if you are going to deign to laugh at Syndegaard, I get an even bigger laugh out of your Lynn comments.

Why are you talking about what the Guardians depth was?? YOu fucking doofus this was all about you doing a victory lap after 3 starts that the Guardians somehow fixed him. He was fucking awful and always has been.

Thats all its about. You made a horrendously stupid comment that was ill advised. Own it and move on.

Since you do make it abundantly clear that you do not actually watch baseball lets go to Lynn. Youre now taking a 5 start victory lap, par the course of your stupidity. In those five starts he has faced two of the 3 worst teams in baseball, a team with no offense in the Brewers. The most disappointing team in baseball the Padres. And then a quality offense in the Red Sox who he allowed 10 hit to haha.

So youre victory lapping 5 starts against 1 playoff team and that playoff team is known for their pitching and statistically has a bottom 5 offense.

He has a FIP with the Dodgers of 4.69. Hes been better but he still sucks ass and an implosion is coming.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild second inning. Twins with a hell of a response.

But with this umps zone. It may be first to 15 wins.

This umps extremely tiny zone really fucked Curry. Hes got really good control and have it squeezed put him in serious trouble. Maeda makes more of a living off throwing junk and getting guys to chase so hes not trying to throw as many strikes his 2nd inning was mostly just bad.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of this was in AAA.

Myself and all Twins fans have been wondering for about a month why Funderburk wasnt added to the 40 man. We had plenty of guys to 60 day IL. We have needed a lefty reliever forever. When Thielbar was hurt we had zero good ones. It was Moran and Headrick taking turns sucking. Then Thielbar returned and we had no second lefty still

Hes here. First outing 2 perfect innings 3 Ks.

Now who knows how he does in the future, maybe he gets hit too. But hes dominated in the minors and there was a clear need. Like Wallner, and Julien and Kirilloff we kept him in the minors far longer than he had any reason to be down there.

Hes too good for AAA, hope he can be good up here.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 games isnt enough of a determination but the Guardians biggest worry should be if the Twins offense can build off this and stay competent rest of the year. If it does(big IF) then ya'll are in big trouble.

Polanco coming back. Hopefully Royce within the next month. If(again big IF) they can stay healthy now and/or Buxton figures things out even remotely. Lot of promise.
Or maybe the standings would look a looooooooooooooooooot different. If the twins didnt have Polanco and Lewis out almost all year. And Thielbar and Stewart out of the pen out forever. It plays both ways haha.
Lewis is a prospect that has never done anything and Polanco- in a 10 year career has had 2 years where he was a real difference maker....I think McKenzie and Bieber- are a tad bit more important than a prospect who has never done anything and a quasi-journeyman who is a difference maker once every 4 or 5 years. Lewis being hurt is way less impactful than Espino- but I am not going to lament Espino since he has never done anything in the majors. Valera (pretty much a consensus top 50 guy in the entire minors- and top 30 according to MLB and TheAthletic)- the best Guardians hitting prospect has been hurt all year too- their best pitching and hitting prospect - gotten nothing out of- but I dont really count it since they havent proven anything on the major league level.

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its really said that you think the Twins at 69-63 are something to boast about. A team that cant win a playoff game to save its life, is going to lose its best pitcher in the offseason and is going to win the division with mid-eighties wins at best.

The Guardians won 93 games last year, a playoff series against Tampa and pushed the Yanks to 5 games. That would qualify as the best Twins season of the last 2 decades and it was not even top 5 for the Guardians.

Twins have absolutely nothing to boast about as easily the worst likely playoff team.

i mean even the Browns have won A (single) playoff game in the last 2 decades.

But I guess you gotta take your wins where you get them. lol.

What I am sure of is that the Guardians are currently the much superior overall franchise which we have seen over and over again.

There is 1 team that has ruled the Central since its creation and everyone knows who it is.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its really said that you think the Twins at 69-63 are something to boast about. A team that cant win a playoff game to save its life, is going to lose its best pitcher in the offseason and is going to win the division with mid-eighties wins at best.

The Guardians won 93 games last year, a playoff series against Tampa and pushed the Yanks to 5 games. That would qualify as the best Twins season of the last 2 decades and it was not even top 5 for the Guardians.

Twins have absolutely nothing to boast about as easily the worst likely playoff team.

i mean even the Browns have won A (single) playoff game in the last 2 decades.

But I guess you gotta take your wins where you get them. lol.

What I am sure of is that the Guardians are currently the much superior overall franchise which we have seen over and over again.

There is 1 team that has ruled the Central since its creation and everyone knows who it is.

Im boasting about your constant stupidity.

And your inconsistent arguments biting you in the ass.

You said that Royce Lewis wasnt a big loss or as impact as a guy who hasnt even pitched in MLB(laughably fucking stupid) all while talking about every twins player that has played as unproven. Yes, you said a guy who literally hasnt pitched in the majors was more proven.

You then said Jorge Polanco wasnt going to be a big addition because hes "qausi journeyman" while I pointed out his consitently above average OPS+ year after year aside from the 2020 covid season. You then touted Gimenez because he had 1 good year, poking massive holes in your "proven player" arguments

Its clear you dont watch baseball like at all. I think we all know it at this point. So really in the future when someone who does watch baseball(Me) makes a blanket statement that the "Twins offense should improve when they get back Royce Lewis and Jorge Polanco" dont argue it like a completely inept buffoon. It was one of the most blatantly objective things any baseball fan would have said. So blatant that I can do a Wiggy victory lap because it was obvious. That post was strictly to laugh at you, not pat myself on the back.

It wasnt like I made some statement saying both guys were going to slug 20 homers the last two months and the Twins would turn into the Braves. I simply said the Twins offense in the second half was showing signs of life and key pieces were coming. You entered into the lions den. And now youre deflecting

Enjoy looks up at the youth movment for the next decade. Its Twins or Tigers. Guardians should just pray the White Sox dont open their wallet and accidently get good soon.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im boasting about your constant stupidity.

And your inconsistent arguments biting you in the ass.

You said that Royce Lewis wasnt a big loss or as impact as a guy who hasnt even pitched in MLB(laughably fucking stupid) all while talking about every twins player that has played as unproven. Yes, you said a guy who literally hasnt pitched in the majors was more proven.

You then said Jorge Polanco wasnt going to be a big addition because hes "qausi journeyman" while I pointed out his consitently above average OPS+ year after year aside from the 2020 covid season. You then touted Gimenez because he had 1 good year, poking massive holes in your "proven player" arguments

Its clear you dont watch baseball like at all. I think we all know it at this point. So really in the future when someone who does watch baseball(Me) makes a blanket statement that the "Twins offense should improve when they get back Royce Lewis and Jorge Polanco" dont argue it like a completely inept buffoon. It was one of the most blatantly objective things any baseball fan would have said. So blatant that I can do a Wiggy victory lap because it was obvious. That post was strictly to laugh at you, not pat myself on the back.

It wasnt like I made some statement saying both guys were going to slug 20 homers the last two months and the Twins would turn into the Braves. I simply said the Twins offense in the second half was showing signs of life and key pieces were coming. You entered into the lions den. And now youre deflecting

Enjoy looks up at the youth movment for the next decade. Its Twins or Tigers. Guardians should just pray the White Sox dont open their wallet and accidently get good soon.
if I jacked off about Quintrells 2.7 ERA season as much as you have for 6 weeks of Royce Lewis I would have made Quintrell out to be the next Greg Maddux

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I jacked off about Quintrells 2.7 ERA season as much as you have for 6 weeks of Royce Lewis I would have made Quintrell out to be the next Greg Maddux

Umm the posts above are literally what I said about Royce Lewis haha. Literally that he makes us better(he does). Nothing about him winning MVPs or putting up X stats. Just simply him and Polanco make us better.

And here you go again as if you like taking an absolute beating. You are now comparing Cal Quantril to a Royce Lewis.

Fuck I need the Tigers to hit the ground running next year. Im dying for a competitive race and people who can actually talk baseball with me @broncosmitty @Stakesarehigh

I'll even take Dougplayer rising from the dead. At least he was funny as fuck in his delusion.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm the posts above are literally what I said about Royce Lewis haha. Literally that he makes us better(he does). Nothing about him winning MVPs or putting up X stats. Just simply him and Polanco make us better.

And here you go again as if you like taking an absolute beating. You are now comparing Cal Quantril to a Royce Lewis.

Fuck I need the Tigers to hit the ground running next year. Im dying for a competitive race and people who can actually talk baseball with me @broncosmitty @Stakesarehigh

I'll even take Dougplayer rising from the dead. At least he was funny as fuck in his delusion.
Shaggy banning Doug for calling his wife a whore was a sad day for the Central Smack thread.

Even Jamie Morris cried a little that day.

Should be interesting to see what Detroit does with all their Miggy money in the offseason. ERod might get a lot of it. Or they’ll have like 50 million off the books if he leaves.

So long as they don’t blow it on an OF we should see a more competitive team in 24.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaggy banning Doug for calling his wife a whore was a sad day for the Central Smack thread.

Even Jamie Morris cried a little that day.

Should be interesting to see what Detroit does with all their Miggy money in the offseason. ERod might get a lot of it. Or they’ll have like 50 million off the books if he leaves.

So long as they don’t blow it on an OF we should see a more competitive team in 24.

Wait Doug actually got banned?!?!?! I honestly thought he just ran off and disappeared and potentially had a heart attack while cooking and/or eating one of his hungry man dinners. Shit that sucks.

But yeah its going to be reallllllllllly interesting what the Tigers decide to spend on. THey need to get rid of a lot of dead weight and fill in those gaps. But so much potential.

Greene and Tork gotta start hitting with men on and get more consistent. Skubal and Mize have to get and stay on the mound. But ya a lot to play with. Ya'll need a FA starter and 3B forsure. Your 3B is a rotation of suck right now.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait Doug actually got banned?!?!?! I honestly thought he just ran off and disappeared and potentially had a heart attack while cooking and/or eating one of his hungry man dinners. Shit that sucks.

But yeah its going to be reallllllllllly interesting what the Tigers decide to spend on. THey need to get rid of a lot of dead weight and fill in those gaps. But so much potential.

Greene and Tork gotta start hitting with men on and get more consistent. Skubal and Mize have to get and stay on the mound. But ya a lot to play with. Ya'll need a FA starter and 3B forsure. Your 3B is a rotation of suck right now.
Not to reopen old wounds…

But…

Voltaire kept crying like a bitch that we all talked CFB smack here. Got mods and owners involved. And Doug went out swinging, like a man in khaki pants he got from WalMart.

Torkelson has blown ass with RISP. Crazy shitty. Lucky for him it doesn’t happen often. Both of those things need to change.

You see Miggy got an in field single yesterday? No idea when the last time that had happened.