• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ending the season with a struggling Baltimore team followed by a homestand vs Tampa and CWS is setup perfect for them

Should go 5-4 at least but more like 6-3 if we assume they speak the white sox
Skubal scheduled to start last game of the year too.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skubal scheduled to start last game of the year too.

Would be nice to avoid that but they lose the tie breaker to Minny.

To be in this spot with the rotation injuries is crazy though.

They're going to have tough decisions beyond Olson and Skubal next year.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note, Trey Sweeney is playing like a guy who can stick. Never going to be a high avg guy but if he can hit 20 Hrs and give ya speed he's only 24. Nice get for Flaherty along with Liranzo if they pan

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note, Trey Sweeney is playing like a guy who can stick. Never going to be a high avg guy but if he can hit 20 Hrs and give ya speed he's only 24. Nice get for Flaherty along with Liranzo if they pan
I only want to see money spent on buying out Baez.

Sweeney can play short most days. I’ve seen enough to be fine with that.

Shed the one awful contract and there are zero guys being dead weight on the 40 man.

If Sweeney struggles oh well, there are guys that can man the spot.

Got lucky tonight that McKinstrey hot dogging an almost dead ball didn’t cost them. Nice when that’s the complaint of the week so far.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only want to see money spent on buying out Baez.

Sweeney can play short most days. I’ve seen enough to be fine with that.

Shed the one awful contract and there are zero guys being dead weight on the 40 man.

If Sweeney struggles oh well, there are guys that can man the spot.

Got lucky tonight that McKinstrey hot dogging an almost dead ball didn’t cost them. Nice when that’s the complaint of the week so far.

I don't see a spot on the team for Baez. Just a bad signing. Have to pay him either way. Just be done.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty ass twins are now 10-20 over the last 30 games.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce Lewis fell apart-- just imploded. .250 avg., .311 obp, .496 slugging----- from where he was- he just absolutely cratered.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota sports teams at its best lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss The only reason Hedges is on the team. Huge locker room guy and leader. Apparently JRam wanted him back this year. Really strange every year he was here they were winning...he goes to Texas they win the WS. Nice defensive option but he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Dude can fire up a team though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss The only reason Hedges is on the team. Huge locker room guy and leader. Apparently JRam wanted him back this year. Really strange every year he was here they were winning...he goes to Texas they win the WS. Nice defensive option but he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Dude can fire up a team though.

the story I remember hearing is last year Jose came into the locker room after a loss and grabbed something out of an empty locker- threw it at Andre Knott- and said "this is what we are missing"- and it was Austin Hedges nameplate from his locker.

The sabermetrics guys have to be having heart attacks- the dude is batting .153 lol.....but you cant argue with it - its just unreal what he brings to the team.

You only get 26 guys on a roster and he cannot hit anything- honestly some pitchers would be better- but somehow he is worth the roster spot. Its unreal.

I wonder if they bring him back next year- how long he wants to play- and if he would consider being on a staff? would that be good? or is he too goofy?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as we rip on the Twins- if they are fully healthy- its not a great team to play in the playoffs--- Correa, Buxton and Lewis- plus other guys can hit too--- Jax and Duran are very solid options (against anyone but the Guardians it seems).......but health and team cameraderie just doesnt seem to be on their side.

they really took it hard when they lost Ryan. The Guards did a good job of finding Boyd and Cobb- and at least had a backup plan. Twins were skydiving without a parachute and injuries hit and the grind of the season hits and they just didnt have much to go to.

Guards are bringing up guys like Sabloski and Walter and Cantillo and they are making a difference.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the story I remember hearing is last year Jose came into the locker room after a loss and grabbed something out of an empty locker- threw it at Andre Knott- and said "this is what we are missing"- and it was Austin Hedges nameplate from his locker.

The sabermetrics guys have to be having heart attacks- the dude is batting .153 lol.....but you cant argue with it - its just unreal what he brings to the team.

You only get 26 guys on a roster and he cannot hit anything- honestly some pitchers would be better- but somehow he is worth the roster spot. Its unreal.

I wonder if they bring him back next year- how long he wants to play- and if he would consider being on a staff? would that be good? or is he too goofy?
A backup catcher that can’t hit for shit isn’t really a big deal. Not when he makes his teammates better in other ways anyway.

If you guys don’t pay him, somebody else prolly will.

Now the weirdest thing about Cleveland’s catchers, to me, is how effing fat Naylor is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A backup catcher that can’t hit for shit isn’t really a big deal. Not when he makes his teammates better in other ways anyway.

If you guys don’t pay him, somebody else prolly will.

Now the weirdest thing about Cleveland’s catchers, to me, is how effing fat Naylor is.
Josh is fat. He is a first baseman. Bo, hard to tell, but he is somewhat in shape. He is the catcher lol

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh is fat. He is a first baseman. Bo, hard to tell, but he is somewhat in shape. He is the catcher lol
My apologies to Josh there.

It’s not weird for a 1st baseman. Totally my bad.

Saw him jiggling home in a highlight and giggled the other night.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brant Hurter sounds like the name of a fiddle player in a bluegrass band from a town in southern Appalachia that is 45 minutes away from the nearest grocery store.