• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can never complain about a 6-3 road trip. But it is a bummer that of the 3 losses we blew 2 of them and coulda won all 3.

Skubal on Tuesday will not be fun.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about McKenzie for the Guardians

But its Logan Allen that I cannot believe they keep trotting out there. Guards develop pitching so well, there has got to be someone in their minors that's better than this dude.
the 2 guys that were ready- Espino and Cantillo- got hurt in spring training- Espino obv. out for the long haul- CAntillo is just working his way back.

Guardians have some interesting guys but they are farther away---- Guards do have some relief pitchers that could come up tomorrow (Andrew Walters) and have great stuff- but no one for extended innings.

One guy I hope they dont trade is Matt "Tug Boat" Wilkinson-- a lefty that has taken a huge step- but started in A this season.

I think that - after the first pick- they will focus on a lot of high school pitching with the highest draft pool in major league history. They might even take JJ Wetherholt to have a ton of money later on- and having 3 of the top 48 picks- they have a lot of bonus pool and high picks to replenish the system.

If the Guardians really do their homework- this draft could give them quite a few solid guys to throw in their system- having 3 of the top 48, and 4 of the top 95 picks and the most bonus pool money in history to work with.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guardians really had some shit injury luck- and I bet are ruing the decision to trade Cal Quintrell

I would say a team needs at leas t 8 starters in between the Majors and minors to get through a season- probably more

Right off the bat- in spring training or less than 2 weeks in they lost Bieber, Williams, Espino and Cantillo. They got lucky with Lively- and I am not sure they made the right decision on McKenzie.

McKenzie's velocity has been up but his control has been all over the place.

Just getting a decent starter in the rotation would seriously help them.

Hopefully Gavin Williams pitches well now that he is up- though no one expects much length out of him. I would say they need a guy like Flaherty or Anderson if they are going t ocontinue to stay at the top of the division and try and make a run.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Twins offense has been legit for a while now. Hopefully they can stay healthy and sustain it. Amazing considering they still play Vazquez and Farmer a lot. Could be even a better offense if we used our minors.

The drop in K rate from last year has been the biggest difference.