• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ McCarron

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One?

Lulz

Most examples are very extreme situations. Vick arrest, Favre retirement... etc...

NFL teams will always do everything in their power to play out huge financial investments.

To suggest that Cincy deciding to go with Dalton over McCarron = Dalton is better... is very silly and naive.

Dalton was an established vet they were paying a lot of money. McCarron was a raw young QB.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand what Matt Flynn has to do with this... Quite frankly, you have yet to make a salient point. I don't even understand the question.
matt flynn was a back up who looked good in very limited action, you dont see the correlation?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed TWO 100 million dollar deals Rich.

Two.

I completely acknowledged that he did in ATL, Smitty.

He never did in Philly. You are mistaken.

Michael Vick

AUG 29 2011 - Signed a 5 year $80 million contract with Philadelphia (PHI)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
matt flynn was a back up who looked good in very limited action, you dont see the correlation?

As was Jimmy G, as was Tom Brady, as was Kurt Warner... What is your point?

Are we just going to list off examples that support both of our stances? We both have some which support us. It seems like a moot point to go over those lists.

How does Matt Flynn not panning out = McCarron won't pan out?

Flynn's failure to successfully pan out into a good NFL QB, has nothing to do with McCarron.

I never exclaimed that every backup QB who has had success, will be a good starter.

A young QB who looked good in limited NFL action like McCarron, however. Has just as good of a chance to pan out into a franchise QB, as a young hot college prospect. They also bust on a regular basis...

The bottom line, is that you cannot dispute that McCarron played at a high level in his stint as Cincy's starter and made himself an intriguing option for teams to look at.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol i think u named a few..........and squashed that argument

The examples he used were mostly extreme circumstances with retirement, arrest or guys who had the guaranteed money in their contract expired.

You are a naive little boy if you think big financial commitments don't matter.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As was Jimmy G, as was Tom Brady, as was Kurt Warner... What is your point?

Are we just going to list off examples that support both of our stances? We both have some which support us. It seems like a moot point to go over those lists.

How does Matt Flynn not panning out = McCarron won't pan out?

Flynn's failure to successfully pan out into a good NFL QB, has nothing to do with McCarron.

I never exclaimed that every backup QB who has had success, will be a good starter.

A young QB who looked good in limited NFL action like McCarron, however. Has just as good of a chance to pan out into a franchise QB, as a young hot college prospect. They also bust on a regular basis...

The bottom line, is that you cannot dispute that McCarron played at a high level in his stint as Cincy's starter and made himself an intriguing option for teams to look at.
mediocre level, i watched that playoff game

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mediocre level, i watched that playoff game

I posted his numbers. They were extremely good.

No shit he didn't light it up in the playoffs vs a good D like Pittsburgh. He was 3 games into his career. However, he made some big plays down the stretch, and played good enough to win. Until Hill and the D imploded.

You seem to think I am suggesting that he is a slam-dunk QB. I am not. However, he made himself as interesting as any college prospect that these teams will be spending a top 10 overall pick on.

Overall, the point you're making about Dalton starting over him = McCarron can't be better than Dalton. Is just utter fucking nonsense. The team decided to go with the established vet they were all-in on. Instead of starting over with developing a young QB. That is not an indictment of McCarron, who impressively posted a 97.1 QB rating 6 TD's 2 INT's and a 66.7 CMP% in his three game stint as their starter. When thrust into the first action of his career, late into a playoff push.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know your link shows he signed a 100 million dollar deal, right?

Are you hammered right now?

Uh... I can't tell if you're trolling, Smitty. lol

I clearly acknowledged the ATL 100 million dollar deal.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted his numbers. They were extremely good.

No shit he didn't light it up in the playoffs vs a good D like Pittsburgh. He was 3 games into his career. However, he made some big plays down the stretch, and played good enough to win. Until Hill and the D imploded.

You seem to think I am suggesting that he is a slam-dunk QB. I am not. However, he made himself as interesting as any college prospect that these teams will be spending a top 10 overall pick on.

Overall, the point you're making about Dalton starting over him = McCarron can't be better than Dalton. Is just utter fucking nonsense. The team decided to go with the established vet they were all-in on. Instead of starting over with developing a young QB. That is not an indictment of McCarron, who impressively posted a 97.1 QB rating 6 TD's 2 INT's and a 66.7 CMP% in his three game stint as their starter. When thrust into the first action of his career, late into a playoff push.
your jimmies are rustled, when you calm down, we can continue