• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with the Vikes dishing out a record deal to Justin Jefferson it makes me wonder what Ja'Mar Chase is going to be asking for... $38-40m per year, maybe?

He's under the 5th year option through 2025... But still begs the question
It will be interesting - he'll get paid as the groundwork was always Burrow and then Chase. It's why I never thought Higgins would be in Cincinnati past his potential tag year. That is currently playing out.

Chase likely won't sign a deal until next year - as contracts will continue to go up for WR's...he'll likely bet on himself like Jefferson did and get into the $40M AAV...but we'll see. Bengals not only have his 5th year through 2025, but can tag him where Chase has little leverage in 2026 since the Bengals would easily be able to tag him again in 2027.

If I'm Chase - I'd honestly look to sign a deal that buys out that 5th year, and puts him to be a F/A at 28 where he can sign another big deal. The more they kick the can down the road for an extra 4-5M now could cost him an extra 5-6M (or more) down the road. IMO, this isn't just Chase, but in general - high end/Elite guys should look to sign sooner and would reap the benefit of a much larger 2nd contract rather than looking at potentially becoming a F/A for the 1st time at 29/30 at a skill position that sees a large diminishing return in those early 30 years...but I digress...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao I thought the same thing... Hilarious how riled people get over just being silent. Hope we get some protesters outside the practice facilities today
IMO you don't need a month to be nice to people who have different views than maybe you do.

If people really wanted to make anything more acceptable and "normalized" then they should just treat everyone the same - no need for any special months. That, IMO, is what turns off more people than anything - even if they have no issue with whatever it is that is being "celebrated" for that month.

You can't normalize things until you, you know, treat them as you do everything/everyone else. The people who get trigged by things like this would flip their shit if someone from the opposite side of the spectrum would want to celebrate something on any given month...but I digress - since this is more political than NFL related - though only responding to the NFL tweet posted....so I'll move on. :)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao... This can't be real

cleveland-browns-cybertruck-v0-c5awlvcsge5d1.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The #Steelers announced that they have signed head coach Mike Tomlin to a 3-year extension. His contract now runs through 2027.
x.com

View attachment 364528
It was expected. Art II doesn't have the balls.

Tomlin should have been roasted for the Canada fiasco. He even went as far as trying to deceive over his firing. Whether he had a hand in it or not, it seems as though ownership is finally stepping in to hold him more accountable. Hope the recent boldness in the FO is a sign that Tomlin is feeling the heat.

But the masses will keep on coddling him. And someone will reply to this to call me spoiled. This is the way.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tomlin should have been roasted for the Canada fiasco. He even went as far as trying to deceive over his firing. Whether he had a hand in it or not, it seems as though ownership is finally stepping in to hold him more accountable. Hope the recent boldness in the FO is a sign that Tomlin is feeling the heat.

But the masses will keep on coddling him. And someone will reply to this to call me spoiled. This is the way.

Based on his carefully chosen comments at the end of this past season, I do believe that Art Rooney Jr has had enough of not being a formidable postseason threat; yeah, he gave him the extension, but I think that's more of a formality, he doesn't want to break tradition and possibly scare off potential future HC candidates by having Tomlin coach out a lame duck season. I really do think that we've come to that point, where if the Steelers don't show out and at LEAST win a playoff game, then we're going to be getting a "joint statement" from both the team and Tomlin, saying that both parties "felt it was best that each party go their separate ways", to allow Tomlin to save face.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Around the AFCN:

monty python and there was much rejoicing GIF

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've said it before, but will say it again.... I just don't get what Tomlin is doing. He's a great leader of a team, but he could do so much better with fresh coaching blood in the building. Hire some coordinators that will innovate and make necessary changes. Arthur Smith is fine - But, he's not exactly on the cutting edge of offensive attack and I wouldn't trust him to maximize the contributions from their best offensive weapon (Pickens). Austin on the D is even more of a joke - The guy isn't very good. Their D might be good because of talent, but they would be much better with a better coach.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, but will say it again.... I just don't get what Tomlin is doing. He's a great leader of a team, but he could do so much better with fresh coaching blood in the building. Hire some coordinators that will innovate and make necessary changes. Arthur Smith is fine - But, he's not exactly on the cutting edge of offensive attack and I wouldn't trust him to maximize the contributions from their best offensive weapon (Pickens). Austin on the D is even more of a joke - The guy isn't very good. Their D might be good because of talent, but they would be much better with a better coach.
We've said it for years... this team mainly excels on the backs of star power. He's a defensive minded coach that wants to control the defense his way. Austin is a puppet. Same with Butler before him. Doesn't matter who 'coordinates' the D when its Tomlin behind the steering wheel. And being the egotistical defensive minded coach, he really doesn't want a flashy offense. He routinely states that he wants the defense to win games. "Defense didn't put the offense in better position all game" or "Defense couldn't make the stop (when the offense turned the ball over in their own RZ)", blah blah blah... All he cares about is the defense controlling the outcome of every game.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin is a great big picture guy and a terrible x's and oh's guy.

Problem is he micromanages everything and surrounds himself with non-threatening yes men who won't get in his way.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel very similarly about Taylor and the Bengals offense. I think Taylor is a hell of a head coach, but he gets too involved in the offense and it becomes obvious that he needs to take a step back and allow others to have a bigger say in how things are run. It works because Burrow/Higgins/Chase and a cast of above average players (Boyd, Mixon, etc..)...but there are too many stretches where this offense just doesn't move the ball, or score points, as efficiently or as consistently as it should with the star power they have lining up.