• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see the fans finally questioning Tomlin. Took them long enough

Took getting mopped on the floor by the 2-10 Cardinals at home before people finally wonder why this team is so ill-prepared all the damn time
So ill prepared? You sound like your team is a basement dweller. What is your team record? When was the last time you had a losing season? How many SB's does your team possess? I am just curious as to what you guys may say if you had to endure a Bengals 1992-2005, or Browns 99 to now.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see the fans finally questioning Tomlin. Took them long enough

Took getting mopped on the floor by the 2-10 Cardinals at home before people finally wonder why this team is so ill-prepared all the damn time
Why can't you be more ill-prepared against the Bengals. TBH - Now I'm really worried about what is going to happen tonight. You guys were dominant on offense against us and couldn't get anything going against the Cardinals? How horrible is the Bengals D?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ill prepared? You sound like your team is a basement dweller. What is your team record? When was the last time you had a losing season? How many SB's does your team possess? I am just curious as to what you guys may say if you had to endure a Bengals 1992-2005, or Browns 99 to now.
oooh GIF

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't you be more ill-prepared against the Bengals. TBH - Now I'm really worried about what is going to happen tonight. You guys were dominant on offense against us and couldn't get anything going against the Cardinals? How horrible is the Bengals D?
Arizona had 38 rushes for 150 yards and 2 TD. Cardinals RB James Conner had two yards after five carries, but Cardinals stuck with the run game to help keep the offense balanced, defense on its toes, and help keep the defense off the field as much as it could.

I realize the Cardinals are a better running team, but having a play-caller that gives up on the run after just a few attempts is....poor.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona had 38 rushes for 150 yards and 2 TD. Cardinals RB James Conner had two yards after five carries, but Cardinals stuck with the run game to help keep the offense balanced, defense on its toes, and help keep the defense off the field as much as it could.

I realize the Cardinals are a better running team, but having a play-caller that gives up on the run after just a few attempts is....poor.
Yeah, but they also probably used multiple position groupings and motion - So, that's basically like cheating. It's much more fun when the D knows what you are going to do.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but they also probably used multiple position groupings and motion - So, that's basically like cheating. It's much more fun when the D knows what you are going to do.
More honor in playing straight up. No need to resort to trickery...only the lowest of the low use these schemes to win.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That record really has a lot of people fooled.

So losing to a 2-10 team at home by double digits isn't being ill prepared? You can cherry pick stats or eat out of Tomlin's hand all you want, but ask any Steeler fan and they'll share my sentiment. Don't care about how much worse other teams have had it. Call it spoiled or whatever, but this team built a culture that used to have better standards. I can take losing records just fine so long as the effort is there. Cowher had some rough years but he always got 110% out of his roster. This current staff is overpaid & overly comfortable for the mediocre product they put on the field over the last decade. The dysfunction continuously gets worse year after year. Not to mention the talent they keep wasting.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So losing to a 2-10 team at home by double digits isn't being ill prepared? You can cherry pick stats or eat out of Tomlin's hand all you want, but ask any Steeler fan and they'll share my sentiment. Don't care about how much worse other teams have had it. Call it spoiled or whatever, but this team built a culture that used to have better standards. I can take losing records just fine so long as the effort is there. Cowher had some rough years but he always got 110% out of his roster. This current staff is overpaid & overly comfortable for the mediocre product they put on the field over the last decade. The dysfunction continuously gets worse year after year. Not to mention the talent they keep wasting.
I completely agree with you and am surprised others don't see it. It's nice that the Steelers keep winning, but only a homer would really believe they have a shot at anything other than a 1 and done in the postseason at this point. And that has been basically the same for the better part of the last decade. That is definitely not a standard for that franchise.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree with you and am surprised others don't see it. It's nice that the Steelers keep winning, but only a homer would really believe they have a shot at anything other than a 1 and done in the postseason at this point. And that has been basically the same for the better part of the last decade. That is definitely not a standard for that franchise.
Every year this team has games where they look like they are completely unprepared. Games where the players & coaches say they need to take practice more seriously. And that communication is always lacking. Why is that a common theme with this team? Amongst the players and (more damning) amongst the staff?

Recently ILB Joe Schobert went on an interview to discuss his thoughts about it. He said this team has an over-reliance on veterans to keep young players on track.

"The coaching staff was there for such a long time and they had so many veteran players on that team – way more than anywhere else I’d been. It made for good continuity. But it was also less structured because of it. With all of those veteran players, players were expected to be professionals on and off the field and the coaches didn’t take all of their time checking on them every day. They were expected to do everything the right way without all of that governance by the coaches. It could get lax at times but you were expected to do the work. It wasn’t like other places that were more structured – where they’d expect you to be in certain places like the weight room or film room at certain times every day. You were expected to be professionals who could figure that out on your own."
"For Pittsburgh it works because of the veteran players there. They had been there for so long. But if it was a bunch of young guys like we had in Cleveland it would have been a dumpster fire. It was the same defensive scheme for years too so as a defensive player that helped – there wasn’t a lot of re-learning. I think for some of the young guys that got there later it may have been too lax for them, I’m not sure."

This system works when you have the right pieces in place. But they don't have that anymore, and the younger guys these days aren't buying in like they used to. HOF coaches in every sport know that it takes a lockerroom unanimously buying in to be successful. Players that put in the time & work their asses off can only take you so far. You need unity & cohesion from top to bottom.

Feels like this year too many players got disinterested after routinely going out week after week and seeing shitty results. You expect these young men to be professionals and carry themselves accordingly week in & out, but they got to a boiling point this season and numerous players spoke out against the offense. Change was needed at OC. But can you really blame an OC for players not lining up correctly, forgetting assignments, etc after being in the same system for 2.5 years?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you hit it on the head with the spoiled part. hahaha

I am not saying you aren't right about the team not being as solid as it used to be, but they are consistent, because they just know how to win games they have no right winning. They have pieces in that building, and maybe the coaching doesn't prep them well, but they do have foundational pieces to build on.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not saying you aren't right about the team not being as solid as it used to be, but they are consistent, because they just know how to win games they have no right winning. They have pieces in that building, and maybe the coaching doesn't prep them well, but they do have foundational pieces to build on.
You see it as consistency, and we see it as inconsistency. Either way you look at it, it still results in mediocrity.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah and they are great at losing games they have no business losing.